ADVERTISEMENT

A Look At Potential OC Candidates

Apparently he keeps it no matter what as he has made some shitty hires and still has shitty thought processes about how to coach a team. Mitch doesn’t seem to care so it appears Stoops is safe.
Mitch probably is okay with 7-5. The fanbase on the other hand is flat out pissed. Mitch has said several times he cares nothing about the fans or what they want anyways.

Reactions: vhcat70
Apparently he keeps it no matter what as he has made some shitty hires and still has shitty thought processes about how to coach a team. Mitch doesn’t seem to care so it appears Stoops is safe.
When the fans check out, when things get bleak, then it will be time. Joker got the plug pulled on him. UK is recruiting at a high rate, admittedly the last 2 seasons have been disappointing not devastating

I like Gran and Coen. The problem is Gran and Hinshaw couldn’t find or develop a QB except for Smitty (Bowden did that stuff in HS) and Coen needs help with OL and to not be so nomadic.
There was a lot more problems with Gran than Hinshaw....besides it was Gran that was overly loyal to Hinshaw being in staff to begin with. Bottomline, the offensive output is the OC's job and it was Gran's 5th year which was a disaster...and the roster going into year 6 would have been a disaster (i.e. Wandale, Levis were not coming to play for him..and Josh Ali was on record saying he was not coming back for his final year). Plus, his recruiting was terrible...guys like Nic Scalzo, The unknown kid out of Louisiana that washed out quickly, Danny Clark, etc...that QB room was a mess. The WR he brought in were not SEC level athletes mostly.

I am not happy with Coen's baloney now (and his on field offenses while better than Gran for sure...have TO issues)...but we don't need to argue Gran wasn't that bad. We need to be looking to the next guy who is better than Gran but will be able to coach at UK for more than 1-2 years.

Reactions: gamecockcat
Tough balancing act!

Hire someone like Gran who's results are bad so no one chases after him to hire away and is here years. Or hire a hot name with great reputation who every end of season will be on candidate job lists everywhere.

Reactions: Coach Marrow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT