ADVERTISEMENT

A Hint Why Gavin Wimsatt Committed to Rutgers

Our qbs are set for a few years. Not a big loss, imo, when a target goes to Rutgers. Only thing Rutgers is good for was beating them dirty birds to keep them out of "contention for a title". LOL, I still hear that talk to this day from my UL buddies. They thought they really had something.

Our qbs are set for a few years. Not a big loss, imo, when a target goes to Rutgers. Only thing Rutgers is good for was beating them dirty birds to keep them out of "contention for a title". LOL, I still hear that talk to this day from my UL buddies. They thought they really had something.
Not to derail the Wimsatt thread, but I love the fact those UL idiots are still living in the Big East/CUSA days. Now that they compete in a P5 conference and have to actually play someone with a pulse, they have quickly slipped into mediocrity. And that’s in a poor P5 conference, imagine watching them play against the SEC or B1G every week.

It’ll be interesting to see them Monday night.

They keep repeating that Ole Miss was “just 5-5,” ignoring their worse record against softer competition.

They seem to have the Ole Miss game penciled in, a good warm up for their ACC competition!?!?
They are the worst and most delusional fanbase in college football.

They are the worst and most delusional fanbase in college football.

The threads on the 247 site are odd. They cite depth on the O’line and D-line, but there is hardly any detailed discussion about individual team members, the depth chart, etc. They have enough bodies for the D-line, but over half are first year, or second year players, averaging in the 260’s.

Oh, they discuss a few players in detail, but I would expect a major topic of discussion would be who replaces the yards that they lost with Fitzpatrick and Hawkins, and that isn’t discussed much.

The threads on the 247 site are odd. They cite depth on the O’line and D-line, but there is hardly any detailed discussion about individual team members, the depth chart, etc. They have enough bodies for the D-line, but over half are first year, or second year players, averaging in the 260’s.

Oh, they discuss a few players in detail, but I would expect a major topic of discussion would be who replaces the yards that they lost with Fitzpatrick and Hawkins, and that isn’t discussed much.
They fail to understand the difference in depth and quality depth.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
No offense to the kid, but what level of desperation is a program to go to this length to sign a player of this caliber?

Guess that answers alot of the questions about Rutgers mystery recruiting run.

Good luck to him but he's just another Adrian Martinez, Jarrett Guarantano. Kentucky didn't lose anything.
And I suppose Destin Wade is gonna be Tom Brady? He didn’t come here And that’s fine but you make it seem like we signed some elite QB prospect instead.

• Wow
This is the weirdest chain of events in a recruitment that I can remember. Physically he is a high school senior, that can't play in his favor. The timing is seriously odd, if this was the plan why wait until September, it would have made much more sense in June, unless he had academic hurdles to clear before making this move. Good luck to him, hope he stays healthy.

This is the weirdest chain of events in a recruitment that I can remember. Physically he is a high school senior, that can't play in his favor. The timing is seriously odd, if this was the plan why wait until September, it would have made much more sense in June, unless he had academic hurdles to clear before making this move. Good luck to him, hope he stays healthy.

The eligibility thing stumped me too. Seems impossible to just keep forward mid year

He was never coming to UK even before the NIL deal and his commitment to Rutgers. He was more likely to go to UL than here. Good luck to the kid.

Reactions: Girthang
He may have received their assurance that he could come play/compete starting RIGHT FUC&ING NOW!!

He will be leaving Owensboro shortly!!

The only thing I can say is the kid is exceptionally intelligent in the classroom. He had high interest in Vandy, despite whatever was being said in recruiting circles. On top of that, he's a genuinely good kid. I wish him the best and whether it is football or not, he's got a very bright future.

It’ll be interesting to see them Monday night.

They keep repeating that Ole Miss was “just 5-5,” ignoring their worse record against softer competition.

They seem to have the Ole Miss game penciled in, a good warm up for their ACC competition!?!?
Most of them also harp on Ole Miss's defense. They were terrible, last year, but I'm not sure how UL expects to keep up. Even if the O is much improved, as they keep insisting, I still don't see it. As bad as UM's defense may still be, they're still playing UL. UL's recruiting under Satterfield has been, in the words of Terry Funk, "an egg-sucking dog."

Oh, I loved it when one of there poster was looking ahead to UCF and called them a "nice little team."

• Haha
The only thing I can say is the kid is exceptionally intelligent in the classroom. He had high interest in Vandy, despite whatever was being said in recruiting circles. On top of that, he's a genuinely good kid. I wish him the best and whether it is football or not, he's got a very bright future.

I think I would have went to Vandy because he doesn't look to have pro potential. That Vandy education opens up a lot of doors

It's not that complicated. Since NIL all decisions are made relative to available money.

The whole family is moving to Jersey. Can't cash that NIL 6 figure check until you actually get there.

He's getting there.......right now.

It's not that complicated. Since NIL all decisions are made relative to available money.

The whole family is moving to Jersey. Can't cash that NIL 6 figure check until you actually get there.

Probably has a lot to do with it. Also why it was the weirdest to me, this is the first year of NIL and so far I'm not liking what I see.

Probably has a lot to do with it. Also why it was the weirdest to me, this is the first year of NIL and so far I'm not liking wha

That was predictable.

Probably has a lot to do with it. Also why it was the weirdest to me, this is the first year of NIL and so far I'm not liking what I see.
Might as well get ready to see a lot of this. Players and families will know how much NIL money they will receive from boosters during recruitment. If their son gets hurt playing their final year of high school football and can't play college ball, that money is gone forever from them.

Many of the best players will forgo their Sr. seasons to avoid that risk and if they have enough credits to graduate early, they will do what Gavin is doing.

Show me the money.......now!!

NIL allows for much more openness in these matters. No need to hide it.

NIL allows for much more openness in these matters. No need to hide it.
Oh, why would you want to hide the fact that QB NIL deal at your school is $1M plus like Bama.

No reason to hide. Legal and good advertising/recruiting for you school.

If you are Wimsatt, would you go to UK? He is not a UK fan. He wants to get away from home. He wants to start immediately, and he is probably reading his own headlines like most of these kids do.

UK has a bunch of qbacks who will be around multiple years. I can see why he did not pick UK even though Vince Marrow went after him.

What I don't see is Rutgers. Schiano must have done a number on him. If Wimsatt wants to play elite football, he has offers from Notre Dame and Oregon. If he wants elite academics, he has offers from Vandy, Michigan, Purdue, and Georgia Tech. If he wants to start from day one, the bulk of the 20 programs that have offered him could probably give that chance. But since Rutgers already has commitments from five 4 stars in the class, Wimsatt is not the only one drinking that koolaid.

From what I gather, he had more interest in other schools and we had more interest in other QBs. Good luck to Wimsatt.

If you are Wimsatt, would you go to UK? He is not a UK fan. He wants to get away from home. He wants to start immediately, and he is probably reading his own headlines like most of these kids do.

UK has a bunch of qbacks who will be around multiple years. I can see why he did not pick UK even though Vince Marrow went after him.

What I don't see is Rutgers. Schiano must have done a number on him. If Wimsatt wants to play elite football, he has offers from Notre Dame and Oregon. If he wants elite academics, he has offers from Vandy, Michigan, Purdue, and Georgia Tech. If he wants to start from day one, the bulk of the 20 programs that have offered him could probably give that chance. But since Rutgers already has commitments from five 4 stars in the class, Wimsatt is not the only one drinking that koolaid.
I believe ND and Oregon took other QB's before him. His list of suitors was baffling.

BS, this is a slam from Valley Station (Louisville). The conventional wisdom in Owensboro was that UK moved on from him after the OC change and Stoops stood by the scholarship offer without really pushing to sign him. This isn't as ugly as the Wandale recruitment but it could get that way. Good player but it is unlikely he would see significant snaps at UK for a couple of years at best. Who knows what happens but his family moving away and him quitting during the season makes it less likely for him to return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT