ADVERTISEMENT

A few post-game thoughts

dyersburgcatfan

Sophomore
Jan 14, 2013
1. We were totally prepared. Gators didn't know what hit them.
2. Davis will start getting some Heisman talk. He should.
3. A real test is coming next week. Don't count us out. This team has talent, good coaching, and a lot of fight. (Don't need a let down.)
4. We should be ranked in the top 20. This was not just a win. It was a drubbing.

.UT was ranked when we beat them by 27 in 2020. That was ok road though so idk about last time against ranked team at home.
Good catch. We beat a ranked Arkansas at home 31-20, during the Mumme/Morris era IIRC.

I cannot recall a home win over a ranked opponent by a bigger margin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hjack and Girthang
We have a much tougher opponent at their place this week. Better against the run. Better in all defensive phases. Great TE that will be tough to handle.

Can we win? Yes. Will we put a better game together? I think so. Hope so.

Davis will get Heisman talk, but history says it will be a QB. Possibly a trip to New York.

Reactions: The-Hack
Lol.

Ok. At the top of the thread, dyersburg posted some of his thoughts, or impressions.

You might also call a thought a “point.”

Commonly, we refer to someone as having “made a good point,” or “an interesting point” when they express an idea, a thought or an opinion.

In response to the observations posted by dyersburg, know1 seems to suggest his points (ideas, observations, conclusions) were very obvious . . . a bit of a put down, roughly equivalent to telling someone, “no sh!t Sherlock,” when they make a statement that is obviously true.

If I said Ray Davis “had a good game,” you might think my point is pretty damn obvious.

Lol.

Ok. At the top of the thread, dyersburg posted some of his thoughts, or impressions.

You might also call a thought a “point.”

Commonly, we refer to someone as having “made a good point,” or “an interesting point” when they express an idea, a thought or an opinion.

In response to the observations posted by dyersburg, know1 seems to suggest his points (ideas, observations, conclusions) were very obvious . . . a bit of a put down, roughly equivalent to telling someone, “no sh!t Sherlock,” when they make a statement that is obviously true.

If I said Ray Davis “had a good game,” you might think my point is pretty damn obvious.
Would love to hear you argue in a courtroom. You are good.

Reactions: know1
Davis will start getting some Heisman talk. He should.
He already is.
His running style reminds me of Barry Sanders for those old enough to remember him. Sanders was a smallish back but was probably the most elusive back in football history - not a guy that could move a pile but could fake good defenders out of their jock strap, and leave them tackling air.

He already is.
His running style reminds me of Barry Sanders for those old enough to remember him. Sanders was a smallish back but was probably the most elusive back in football history - not a guy that could move a pile but could fake good defenders out of their jock strap, and leave them tackling air.
my favorite RB of all time
he should have continued to play and have the yardage record
if he would have had the line and the talent around him that E. Smith had then he would have set records that would never be broken

My thoughts are that if they can get passing game going along with effort like today, Georgia should be scared. They are not the team they were last year. Harder to beat on the road obviously, but historically we've always played UGA well. Maybe I'm just still in the glow but I smell a road win coming.

Reactions: Deeeefense
He already is.
Davis employs the jump cut to perfection !!

Reactions: CGblue
Its not that the gators are all that bad, its that we are just much better than anyone thinks we are. Florida has lots of internal issues going on if rumors are to be believed and they always should be.

I agree with our looking prepared. For whatever reason, Stoops always seems to have our team ready when we play UF and UL. Frankly, I wish we looked as prepared when we play UT, but man it felt good to dominate that team from beginning to end yesterday.

We were ready to play and played a very clean game. We didn't do things to dig ourselves a hole.

Solid defense at all 3 levels. No reason to think we can't approach that level every time we show up to play

-no turnovers
-no sacks
-only 3 penalties

I think UK is now the least sacked qb/o line in CFB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT