ADVERTISEMENT

end of game thoughts

IbnSaran

Blue Chip Prospect
Oct 15, 2006
Anyone else feel like we should develop a way to get the ball in TO Reed instead of having him throw it in? And then practice it so we don't lose a close one with turnovers like we had today?

Grant Hill at the end of the broadcast said something about Cal practicing inbounds plays against the press after this game. They don't play like they ever practice that stuff.

When he took Reed out at 2:14 after that turnover I just about flipped out. Fortunately there was a dead ball and he put him back in.

The problem is our best FT shooters are being careless with the ball and their passes to end games. It isn't just Reed, Antonio struggles with his decision making and Rob is not making BOTH of his FT's when fouled.

Reed, Antonio and Rob need to calm down, keep their cool and play under control. That will help TREMENDOUSLY!!

Reactions: Fox2monk
Anyone else feel like we should develop a way to get the ball in TO Reed instead of having him throw it in? And then practice it so we don't lose a close one with turnovers like we had today?

Grant Hill at the end of the broadcast said something about Cal practicing inbounds plays against the press after this game. They don't play like they ever practice that stuff.

When he took Reed out at 2:14 after that turnover I just about flipped out. Fortunately there was a dead ball and he put him back in.
I really hope we do, regardless I’m glad to hear we did after that. I know as soon as we got back a lot of them went straight to the gym.

I mean, Reed got the ball on multiple of those late game situations after the in bound. Slipped on one, trapped and got the ball to Reeves who got the 10 sec call, it's not like he inbounded and never touched it.

I never wanted to give up on Edwards but I can say there was quite a bit of time I wasn’t impressed with his play. Today however he made some really hard shots and made it very apparent he was busting his a$$ out there. One of the takeaways from this game for me is how impressed I was from him. I hope today was just an average day for him after his funk earlier this year and he is just now starting to heat up.

Reactions: IbnSaran

I think a bunch on this board needs to relax and don’t say anything for 24 hours after the game.

I never wanted to give up on Edwards but I can say there was quite a bit of time I wasn’t impressed with his play. Today however he made some really hard shots and made it very apparent he was busting his a$$ out there. One of the takeaways from this game for me is how impressed I was from him. I hope today was just an average day for him after his funk earlier this year and he is just now starting to heat up.
He had our highest plus/minus on the team and stayed glued to Knecht better than anyone.

If he wants to be a 3 and D guy this tournament that's alright by me.

Practicing inbounds plays against the press is a wonderful idea

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT