ADVERTISEMENT

57 and 36

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
63% winning % this decade for cal. Worst since 1910. It’s mid decade now and nothing has changed. Barney needs to go tomorrow. Football with the whole stoops trying to run like hell outta Lexington. Cal constantly losing. We look like a joke: the man responsible who is given mulligan after mulligan has to go. There’s no ifs ands or buts. I have no confidence in this guy to make anymore judgements on hiring or contracts. The cal experiment is over. We could lose first round. The problem is we can’t wait any longer on Barney bc cal will have to be dealt with in March. The statistics for this decade are staggering. To get us to UK standard winning % for the decade the man would basically have to have 4 loss seasons from here out.

I've been saying......we ran off Gillispie and Tubby for far less. Why people are satisfied with these past couple of years boggles the mind.
Tubby left, and Gillespie didn't give us 4 final 4's, 6 SEC championships, 6 SEC conference titles, and 1 National Championship. 42,500,000 buy is the real reason for not running him off.

Tubby left, and Gillespie didn't give us 4 final 4's, 6 SEC championships, 6 SEC conference titles, and 1 National Championship. 42,500,000 buy is the real reason for not running him off.

This. It's the buyout.

Pony up and stop going to the gamed if yall want him gone.

Reactions: TFCats11
I've said it before but the only reason Cal hasn't been fired is because of his first 5-7 years here. If we don't make a Final Four this year I think it's time for both sides to move on. Throw everything at Hurley and see if you can entice him to leave the northeast

I've been saying......we ran off Gillispie and Tubby for far less. Why people are satisfied with these past couple of years boggles the mind.
Well, there was a LOT more going on with BCG than is public. Dude was a clown, drunk, and abuser of the players. He should have NEVER been hired. Probably the biggest blue blood coaching hire mistake in the entire history of college basketball.

Well, there was a LOT more going on with BCG than is public. Dude was a clown, drunk, and abuser of the players. He should have NEVER been hired. Probably the biggest blue blood coaching hire mistake in the entire history of college basketball.
I dunno. Schyer at Duke might get up there. But as of right now. We own that turd of a record too.

We haven't been past the 1st weekend of the tournament since 2019. This ain't 09-15 Cal anymore.
This has to be the year or he will never do it again. If we collapse, money needs to be found or he will start putting nails in the coffin of this program's prestige

63% winning % this decade for cal. Worst since 1910. It’s mid decade now and nothing has changed. Barney needs to go tomorrow. Football with the whole stoops trying to run like hell outta Lexington. Cal constantly losing. We look like a joke: the man responsible who is given mulligan after mulligan has to go. There’s no ifs ands or buts. I have no confidence in this guy to make anymore judgements on hiring or contracts. The cal experiment is over. We could lose first round. The problem is we can’t wait any longer on Barney bc cal will have to be dealt with in March. The statistics for this decade are staggering. To get us to UK standard winning % for the decade the man would basically have to have 4 loss seasons from here out.
Don’t be spitting facts around here…. People don’t like it when you tell the truth about their savior..

3 seasons into the decade. Cherry pick much just for the sake of whining?

Who's your all decade team? Might as well name it now.

Rake up your misery and wallow in it. The big blue train is moving on without you.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D and shodaman

Rake up your misery and wallow in it. The big blue train is moving on without you.

The cherry-picking is fine. Just be accurate. The OP was not accurate.

A lot of younger fans are satisfied being a middle of the road program. Older fans know this program has slipped below what it used to be. That is why the most of us want him gone, I for one pray I live long enough to see him gone so I can rest in peace. He has failed the job and needs to be fired yesterday imo.

200.gif

We re in the midst of season 4 and lost to UNCW keep pumping though. You gotta be a vols fan or some other wanna be program

Cal's here till he retires imo. Some keep mentioning Hurley, but he has a title and good chance he adds another this season. Not to mention uconn is the most successful bb program the last, what, 25 yrs? Why would he leave that for UK? It's not even a lateral move atm.

Also player first/player turnover. The portal helps, but pretty good chance the current 7-8 man rotation is gone after season. Big part of the problem.

Edit - Cal said it himself at the UNCW pc. "you said you can't do it with young guys, well, we've kind of done it with young guys". "Kind of" ain't getting it done. You don't "kind of" make it to a FF. You don't "kind of" win a title. He sounded a little deflated so maybe it's "kind of" sinking in.

Last edited:
I've said it before but the only reason Cal hasn't been fired is because of his first 5-7 years here. If we don't make a Final Four this year I think it's time for both sides to move on. Throw everything at Hurley and see if you can entice him to leave the northeast
I honestly don't get the Hurley love. Is it just recency bias? He is in his 14th year as a head coach of a D-1 program. He has a win percentage of 67% with 9 double digit loss seasons in his first 13 full seasons. He has only won his conference once back in 2018 at Rhode Island and until last season he had never advanced past the Round of 32. I know they won the title last season but to me there are better options out there than Hurley. I mean if you are basing it solely off of winning a title then Kevin Ollie is available too. 😂

Reactions: blubo
Dan Hurley, Scott Drew, Shaka Smart, any of those guys would be more successful at UK than Cal right now. Surely they could do better than 63-38 over the span of 4 seasons. You could even throw names like Rick Barnes and Bruce Pearl in there. The bar is pretty low right now.

Several of us saw this coming after the 2015 UK market crash.
Heard this a lot from a few different posters... I'd love to hear how you felt about the 2017 team? The national championship was unfortunately played in the Elite Eight that year, and the eventual champ got a helluva a lot of help from the boys in stripes that night. Not defending Cal's downward trajectory here, but those saying they knew this was coming directly after the 2015 season is laughable in my lowly opinion.

IU says hold my beer. They had these guys all in a row...

ghows-DA-9341d67f-12cf-4943-a07c-a29757c73649-6f6e1ed0.jpeg

skelvinsampsonj.jpg

dakichatIU.jpg

tom-crean-indiana-firedjpg.jpg

Not even close to Gillispie bad. Mike Davis took a Hoosier team that RMK couldn’t do crap with to a title game. Sampson was a FF coach before IU and has been to one since. Crean had an FF before IU as well and guided them to a #1 seed one season. Matt Doherty at UNC is the only hire remotely close to BCG bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT