ADVERTISEMENT

57 and 36

Dan Hurley, Scott Drew, Shaka Smart, any of those guys would be more successful at UK than Cal right now. Surely they could do better than 63-38 over the span of 4 seasons. You could even throw names like Rick Barnes and Bruce Pearl in there. The bar is pretty low right now.

I would be all in for Dan Hurley.

Think he would kill it here.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Those 4 combined took IU out of talk of being a blueblood due to temper tantrums on the court, cheating scandals and pure incompetence. Billy was terrible but at least UK was able to recover from him in 1 year.

Cal's here till he retires imo. Some keep mentioning Hurley, but he has a title and good chance he adds another this season. Not to mention uconn is the most successful bb program the last, what, 25 yrs? Why would he leave that for UK? It's not even a lateral move atm.

Also player first/player turnover. The portal helps, but pretty good chance the current 7-8 man rotation is gone after season. Big part of the problem.

Edit - Cal said it himself at the UNCW pc. "you said you can't do it with young guys, well, we've kind of done it with young guys". "Kind of" ain't getting it done. You don't "kind of" make it to a FF. You don't "kind of" win a title. He sounded a little deflated so maybe it's "kind of" sinking in.
The fact that you asked "why would he leave that for UK" says everything we need to know about your purpose for posting on this message board.

For one, the base salaries aren't even remotely close. The difference is about $3.5 million annually.

The discussion should begin and end there, but I'm sure that you'll find a way to keep it going. Money doesn't matter to posters like you. Nothing does. You're here to diminish UK basketball. Logic doesn't have a chance to show up in those types of discussions; only absurd, silly troll positioning.

The fact that you asked "why would he leave that for UK" says everything we need to know about your purpose for posting on this message board.

For one, the base salaries aren't even remotely close. The difference is about $3.5 million annually.

The discussion should begin and end there, but I'm sure that you'll find a way to keep it going. Money doesn't matter to posters like you. Nothing does. You're here to diminish UK basketball. Logic doesn't have a chance to show up in those types of discussions; only absurd, silly troll positioning.
Yes, of course...I'm a troll...how typical. Saul, you seem paranoid. It's just an opinion. Try not to take it personally. Been on this board for years. Had another account. Rarely posted. Really don't give shit if you think I'm a UK fan or not. Lighten up a little man. You'll be alright.

IU says hold my beer. They had these guys all in a row...

ghows-DA-9341d67f-12cf-4943-a07c-a29757c73649-6f6e1ed0.jpeg

skelvinsampsonj.jpg

dakichatIU.jpg

tom-crean-indiana-firedjpg.jpg
I would take Kelvin Sampson in a hot second if he were available.

Reactions: crawfords corner
Yes, of course...I'm a troll...how typical. Saul, you seem paranoid. It's just an opinion. Try not to take it personally. Been on this board for years. Had another account. Rarely posted. Really don't give shit if you think I'm a UK fan or not. Lighten up a little man. You'll be alright.
Three week old account blasting UK basketball and passive aggressively condescending to other fans...sounds about right.

The Horsemen of the Apocalypse are on the way to defend Cal now in 5...4...3...2...1...
It’s a virtual lock that they will be in the game thread Saturday puffing their chests out and acting better if Kentucky looks good against a team they should beat

3 seasons into the decade. Cherry pick much just for the sake of whining?

Who's your all decade team? Might as well name it now.

Rake up your misery and wallow in it. The big blue train is moving on without you.
The big blue train has been derailed since 2020. But you have ones like yourself who will blindly defend cal no matter what he does. 57-36 but Kentucky is fine. One tournament win since 2020, Kentucky is fine. Losses at home to Evansville, uncw, Richmond and a abysmal scar team, but Kentucky is fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT