ADVERTISEMENT

50% (32-64) of Cal's players while at UK have been drafted

qxEEpVV.gif

Cal is a champion at winning the draft at least.

Also a champion at -
Winning the NCAA men's basketball championship in 2012
Going to 4 final fours in 8 years
Going to the Elite 8 in 6/8 years
Having the best recruiting class every year
Most overall wins 2010-17 (249)
Most NCAAT wins 2010-17 (26-6)
And champion of never being able to please delusional CI posters

Last edited:
Also a champion at -
Winning the NCAA men's basketball championship in 2012
Going to 4 final fours in 8 years
Going to the Elite 8 in 5/8 years
Having the best recruiting class every year
And champion of never being able to please delusional CI posters

SIX Elite 8s in 8 years (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017)
Most overall wins 2010-17 (249)
Most NCAAT wins 2010-17 (26-6)

Whoever wants to figure out what the next highest coaches percentage is I'd love to know

That is an amazing stat no matter how you look at it. He has the hardest coaching job in america with running this program all the while replacing a whole team yearly and making them contenders by seasons end. We couldn't find a better coach as he was built for this job.

Lol. Someone has a different outlook on Cal then I do! Let's all attack him on this message board! Yeah, that'll show him!

This thread is a joke.

Reactions: BoxterS
Lol. Someone has a different outlook on Cal then I do! Let's all attack him on this message board! Yeah, that'll show him!

This thread is a joke.

Just as people are allowed to have different opinions and views, others can call them out on it when they feel they are being ridiculous.

He gave his opinion on something and others gave their thoughts on what he said.

Nothing wrong with any of it.

Just as people are allowed to have different opinions and views, others can call them out on it when they feel they are being ridiculous.

He gave his opinion on something and others gave their thoughts on what he said.

Nothing wrong with any of it.
Yeah, nothing wrong with personally attacking and trying to shut someone down for their opinion. Screw open discussion and debate and screw him too!

That's facism buddy. And I find plenty wrong with that social dynamic.

Yeah, nothing wrong with personally attacking and trying to shut someone down for their opinion. Screw open discussion and debate and screw him too!

Let's be honest tho. He wasn't looking for any intellectual debate with that comment. He was looking for a reaction and he got it.

If he wanted to discuss whether or not the draft matters to cal more than titles he could have approached it in a different matter. As countless other threads did in the past

Not saying personal attacks are right but when u make a comment like that and don't even bother to explain it your looking for it

This thread is a joke.
So...YOU insult us for insulting someone who insults Cal's amazing achievements.
And YOU hold the high righteous position.
Did I get that right?

Reactions: mhap8704
I was kind of shocked that Cal had 32 players that weren't drafted so I went back and tried to find these 32 players. After looking over the list you can see how flawed this list of players that went undrafted really is. This has to be the list of players they are talking about because I initially left off players that Cal didn't recruit to Kentucky and players who were known to be "walk-on" type players and I came up well short of 32. I also had to include those players who transferred out of the program. So I think this is a pretty accurate list as to who these 32 players are:

Ramon Harris
Perry Stevenson
Jon Hood
Darnel Dodson
Mark Krebs
Stacey Poole
Eloy Vargas
Twany Beckham
Kyle Wiltjer
Jarrod Polson
Ryan Harrow
Alex Poythress
Sam Malone
Brian Long
Julius Mays
Tod Lanter
Aaron Harrison
Marcus Lee
Derek Willis
Dominique Hawkins
EJ Floreal
Isaiah Briscoe
Isaac Humphries
Charles Matthews
Mychal Mulder
Tai Wynyard
Johnny David
Dillon Pulliam
Wenyen Gabriel
Sacha Killeya-Jones
Brad Calipari
Hamidou Diallo

I'm just glad they didn't count this years incoming players or Cal would have dropped below the 50% mark.

Welcome to America. When you say something stupid you can still be held accountable for it

I'm actually surprised it's that low. Are they counting walkons?

Yes. Walk-ons, transfers, players that were here when he arrived, and players returning to next years team off this years roster. Some of the players that would fall under "walk-ons" actually had scholarships in most cases, if one was available.

Someone put it on Twitter or something yesterday:

UK 1st rd picks in history of UK basketball before Cal arrived= 23
UK 1st rd picks since Cal has been at UK for 8 years= 24
[thumb2][cheers]

This thread is a joke.
Imagine you taking up for an a hole!
It was an attack not an opinion. He was being a bitch and got bitched slapped. Sorry if you were collateral damage.

I was kind of shocked that Cal had 32 players that weren't drafted so I went back and tried to find these 32 players. After looking over the list you can see how flawed this list of players that went undrafted really is. This has to be the list of players they are talking about because I initially left off players that Cal didn't recruit to Kentucky and players who were known to be "walk-on" type players and I came up well short of 32. I also had to include those players who transferred out of the program. So I think this is a pretty accurate list as to who these 32 players are:

Ramon Harris
Perry Stevenson
Jon Hood
Darnel Dodson
Mark Krebs
Stacey Poole
Eloy Vargas
Twany Beckham
Kyle Wiltjer
Jarrod Polson
Ryan Harrow
Alex Poythress
Sam Malone
Brian Long
Julius Mays
Tod Lanter
Aaron Harrison
Marcus Lee
Derek Willis
Dominique Hawkins
EJ Floreal
Isaiah Briscoe
Isaac Humphries
Charles Matthews
Mychal Mulder
Tai Wynyard
Johnny David
Dillon Pulliam
Wenyen Gabriel
Sacha Killeya-Jones
Brad Calipari
Hamidou Diallo

I'm just glad they didn't count this years incoming players or Cal would have dropped below the 50% mark.
Kyle did get drafted:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: spotter34
Who would your starting five be out of this group of 32 that haven't been drafted (not counting the guys who are returning on next years team):

Briscoe - PG
Harrison - SG
Matthews - SF
Poythress - PF
Humphries - C

Of that list, only Poythress, Harrison, and maybe Briscoe and Lee could be considered any sort of bust. I personally just think they weren't as good as the scouts thought. That's an incredible clip at maintaining draft value.

This is what I don't get . Guy makes a clear troll post and doesn't return...so he was trolling. Please tell me you banned the guy right @JasonS.

He should be permabanned for being an OSU football fan honestly. That's enough. Do the right thing Jason, we support you Mr. Moderator President. [banana]

This is what I don't get . Guy makes a clear troll post and doesn't return...so he was trolling. Please tell me you banned the guy right @JasonS.

He should be permabanned for being an OSU football fan honestly. That's enough. Do the right thing Jason, we support you Mr. Moderator President. [banana]

Kinda weird too because he's normally a good poster lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT