ADVERTISEMENT

2nd leading scorer in nation is the son of former Calipari player at UMass, Dana Dingle

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
Came across his name while looking up Oscar's rebounding stats. No, Im not saying he should be a transfer or anything like that. Just being in my mid-40s its just kinda weird seeing the people I watched growing up have kids who can play too. He had 18 against Missouri, 25 against Nova, and 30 against Temple this year. Last year he had 23 against Florida State and 21 against Villanova. His freshmen year he had 27 against Arizona and 24 against Alabama in a win. Also in that freshmen year he had 18 and 19 against Nova and Providence.

Here's some highlights from last season

Reactions: Fox2monk
He’s been really impressive this year. I didn’t realize he was Dana Dingle’s son.

I saw his name and was curious. Found this. https://pennathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/jordan-dingle/19847

Personal: Son of Angelique and Dana Dingle … Father played college basketball at UMass and averaged 10.1 points per game for the Minutemen’s 1996 Final Four team … Uncle, Daniel, played basketball at Temple … Enrolled in the Wharton School of Business.

Hey man sometimes their name just has a ring to it. This guy will be heard from in the NBA mark my words

Came across his name while looking up Oscar's rebounding stats. No, Im not saying he should be a transfer or anything like that. Just being in my mid-40s its just kinda weird seeing the people I watched growing up have kids who can play too. He had 18 against Missouri, 25 against Nova, and 30 against Temple this year. Last year he had 23 against Florida State and 21 against Villanova. His freshmen year he had 27 against Arizona and 24 against Alabama in a win. Also in that freshmen year he had 18 and 19 against Nova and Providence.

Here's some highlights from last season
Maybe Cal could save him a walk on spot, at least he would be useful.

I’m still trying to figure out if Dingle was the “3” or the “4” on that UMass team. Donte Bright was the other forward. They were essentially a poor man’s MKG/Terrence Jones duo next to Camby. Very interchangeable. Drove me crazy for some reason, I could never figure it out.

Good find! Wharton school is no joke..good for him. An Ivy League kid would be crazy to transfer, unless they already have their degree.

Another fun note about Penn. Their coach was the coach at Cornell when we played them in the Sweet 16 in 2010.

Also, if you ever get a chance to watch a game in the Palestra…don’t pass it up. Especially a Big Five game against another Philly team. You’ll think you stepped back 50 years!

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Must not be a connection or wasn’t good enough for Cal. Probably the latter.
Or maybe he wanted to play college basketball for fun and get an Ivy League education. Having a business degree from the Wharton Business School at UPenn is about as good as it gets in terms of preparing for a career in business.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Reminds me a lot of Threeves with the nice combo of outside shooting with slashing and a running floater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT