ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD (THURSDAY)

Amazing how a simple ZONE DEFENSE takes SC completely out of their game.

Who would have thunk it???
Good Luck Charlie Reaction GIF

Amazing how a simple ZONE DEFENSE takes SC completely out of their game.

Who would have thunk it???
Dont overthink it though, if we played zone, they’d just hit 3 after 3 again us. SEC teams in February on cold Tuesday nights are just different animals against us than in March against anyone else.

Dont overthink it though, if we played zone, they’d just hit 3 after 3 again us. SEC teams in February on cold Tuesday nights are just different animals against us than in March against anyone else.
Well, that's Cal's excuse and we are sticking with it.

What could it have hurt to at least TRY a zone defense?

Reactions: NociHTTP
Honestly I wouldn't judge the SEC based on what Miss St and USC do.
South Carolina was a bit over rated. Miss St was meh.

Lets how how UK, UT, Bama and Auburn and to a lesser degree Florida does before judging the conference.
No clue why people are already trashing the SEC. I mean they got 8 teams in. Did they really think they were going to go 8-0 round 1?
SC was good early and hasn't been very good at all lately. Anyone who watches basketball knows Izzo would beat Miss. St.

Maybe Oakland’s coach should’ve wished for a different SEC team.
Or maybe he has his guys watching SC and saying those bums blew UK out.

Reactions: cathouse
Blow outs. Thought they would, at least, be competitive. Guess we should know better by now. Maybe SC can best Miss st's 51 pts. Fingers crossed. Smh

• Haha
UK UT and Auburn IMO are the only sweet 16 threats. I suppose Bama could be if they shoot lights out but they are worse defensive team than UK is.
I liked Fla to maybe make sweet 16 till the big guy got injured
If two or three of the 8 SEC teams make the sweet 16. IMO that's a strong showing. Of course lot of people here would say it's not.

UK UT and Auburn IMO are the only sweet 16 threats. I suppose Bama could be if they shoot lights out but they are worse defensive team than UK is.
I liked Fla to maybe make sweet 16 till the big guy got injured
If two or three of the 8 SEC teams make the sweet 16. IMO that's a strong showing. Of course lot of people here would say it's not.

I would say that if UK is a Sweet 16 threat you have to put Alabama in that category as well.

Basically the same team. Top 5 offenses with terrible defenses.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
I would say that if UK is a Sweet 16 threat you have to put Alabama in that category as well.

Basically the same team. Top 5 offenses with terrible defenses.
Maybe. I'm probably letting UKs game against Bama cloud my judgment some. They looked far worse than UK defensively.

I've saw a couple games so far today where they let both teams mug each other and called little.
Refs control games so much. One game they call every tic tac foul. Next game it's no blood no foul.
Zero consistency.
Yep, and one I watched had Phat Adams on the call (IL vs. Morehead). He called maybe 4-5 fouls all game, and they were legit. Wonder why he changes his sensitivity during UK games??

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
Wish we had a big like Dante
I wish we just had a shot blocker supreme. Onyenso gets close but then vanishes in other games.

If we had a big like Dante, Cal would never stop feeding the post and we'd be right back where we have been the last few years. That he doesn't have a post feed big man is why we are so good from the perimeter and penetration.

USCjr has about 7 minutes to make a run. Down 13 and we've seen plenty of teams rush back (not just against us). The game is so much different today than it was years ago. A 15 point lead with 5 to go was usually game over (although I recall our Comeback Cats and my thinking was "just get it to under 10 with 5 to go", and we did and won many times that year).

Of course I didn't fill out a bracket. Haven't for years. But I would've actually been doing good so far if I had.
But of course had I filled one out. These games would've gone much different

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT