ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD (THURSDAY)

South is the 2nd toughest region. UCONN has the toughest (according to all the analyst who studied them top to bottom. UK has Houston (1/2 ranked pretty much all year) and Marquette (Probably the best 2 seed now that Kolek is back. They are stacked.

IMO Morehead State is the best 14 seed, and will give Illinois a run for their money.
Colgate and Oakland is very close. Akron to me is / was the worst 14.
The 12 James Madison won 30 games The 13 Vermont is very good (beat Charleston). 11 NC State won the ACC tournament, Texas Tech is a very good 6. 5 seed Wisconsin won the BIG tournament, happy we got Duke in our region, but they are talented and have shooters. Auburn, Bama, and Kansas as the other 4's are not better than Duke.
The 7/10 game with Florida / Colorado, both teams can advance a couple rounds. Hell our 9 is A&M and we all know what they are capable of. In short, the South is not weakest. Look at Purdue's and UNC's region. Those two are 3/4 of the 4 regions. Lean UNC as the easiest path, Purdue the 2nd easiest.

im just checking in every few hours. cal's killed my love for the NCAAT . this was like a religious holiday for me for like 30 years of my life......and now I am just dreading seeing 0's on the clock with the other team celebrating their victory over us .

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
South is the 2nd toughest region. UCONN has the toughest (according to all the analyst who studied them top to bottom. UK has Houston (1/2 ranked pretty much all year) and Marquette (Probably the best 2 seed now that Kolek is back. They are stacked.

IMO Morehead State is the best 14 seed, and will give Illinois a run for their money.
Colgate and Oakland is very close. Akron to me is / was the worst 14.
The 12 James Madison won 30 games The 13 Vermont is very good (beat Charleston). 11 NC State won the ACC tournament, Texas Tech is a very good 6. 5 seed Wisconsin won the BIG tournament, happy we got Duke in our region, but they are talented and have shooters. Auburn, Bama, and Kansas as the other 4's are not better than Duke.
The 7/10 game with Florida / Colorado, both teams can advance a couple rounds. Hell our 9 is A&M and we all know what they are capable of. In short, the South is not weakest. Look at Purdue's and UNC's region. Those two are 3/4 of the 4 regions. Lean UNC as the easiest path, Purdue the 2nd easiest.
Agree with most of post but Duke is not better than Auburn.

Charles Barkley said cal has to make to a run and he can’t keep getting upset early In the tournament anymore

Last edited:
Agree with most of post but Duke is not better than Auburn.
Meh, maybe, maybe not. Auburn is not head and shoulders above them. Remember their schedule and who they beat ? NOBODY. Duke didn't either, but to say Auburn is better, is debatable. Outside of the SEC, Auburn did not beat ONE quality team. I do not think OOC they beat a NCAA tournament team. I may be wrong, but I do not think so.

Imagine Morehead State with their leading scorer ? He went down early in the year and hasn't played. Minix is a stud. In any conference the kid would ball.

Last edited:
Illinois only called for 2 fouls with 3 minutes left in a half. They've been mixing it up too and playing physical ball.

I think everyone feels this way. Will Barnhart actually make a move is the question?
We haven't lost yet. Haven't even played a game. Still ~3 hours before tipoff.

I know you're hopeful that we lose and lose early, but I'm hopeful we win and get to a FF or more just so you'll go away for a few hours (we know you can't stay away longer than this).

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
USCjr still not playing anything defense-wise like they did when we played them back in January. That defense, if retained, could have gotten them to a FF. But now they play just a bit better than average D.

I got some before the actual game started
Dance Speedo GIF

Shannon would fit right in playing for Self. The rug doctor has a ton of experience with coverups.

Shannon Jr making plays Morehead running man to man on out of bounds plays is a no no. Great game by the way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT