ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD (THURSDAY)

Pretty sure Olandis Poole, the clown that called 20+ fouls on UK during the A&M game, is on the floor for Creighton/Akron game. Just saw him with 3 mins left so not sure how his calls have been.

EDIT: Nope, I found the tiny fine print on ESPN for referees - never heard of these three guys, but the one guy isn't Poole.

Last edited:
It means absolutely nothing in a one and done tournament. Like you said. It doesn't mean the better teams will play good in 1 game.
I never said it was impossible for the lower ranked team on Kenpom to win. Just that it’s another data point for having no reason to think Duquesne is very good. Unless you’re arguing that every tournament game is a 50/50 coin flip, you have to have some reason for why you think one team is more likely to win. The metrics can be part of that picture.

IF. IF , IF Kentucky plays it's A game it would blow out every 14 seed in the tournament. I'm not convinced Oakland is any better than Akron.
Probably not. And it’s not like they’re insane or anything. Just saying if the committee finds a way to stack any deck to us they will.

They gave us the easiest region.
No, they didn't. Multiple analysis that have gone over these brackets over the last few days consistently had our bracket 2nd, and in some cases third toughest of the four. No one except you has said it was the easiest, and it's because you want to make people believe this so that when we go out, you can add it to your bitchy Cal Hate sessions.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
No, they didn't. Multiple analysis that have gone over these brackets over the last few days consistently had our bracket 2nd, and in some cases third toughest of the four. No one except you has said it was the easiest, and it's because you want to make people believe this so that when we go out, you can add it to your bitchy Cal Hate sessions.
Texas tech is a lot better than they are getting credit for and will be a lot tougher than people expect if Kentucky win today and tech wins

It's crazy how players get so close to the baselines and sidelines but rarely step out. Just shows how much they play and how well they know the court.

Yes, random observation, but I already poured a beer in prep for our game in 4 hours...
Me too. Got a Sam Adams red zone lager. Not bad.

Like that means anything anymore. We could play Mary’s School for the Basketball Deficient and they’d play like the 90s Bulls.
Teams don’t fear us anymore. Just like Oakland and their coach would rather play us than anyone.

Hopefully one day we instill fear in at least the mid major teams again.

I thought we had the easiest region the year St. Peter's happened and the hardest region the year we made our miracle run to the Final Four as an 8 seed (2014). It really doesn't matter, you gotta beat who's in front of you on that night.

Teams don’t fear us anymore. Just like Oakland and their coach would rather play us than anyone.

Hopefully one day we instill fear in at least the mid major teams again.
That’s a partially part of it. But the other is the increasing talent pool. That and the committee always seems to give us the teams that shoot 3s like water. Always.

Remember when Morehead and the Manimal sent Pitino and the Tards packing?
No one wants to talk to you or discuss anything with you because everything you say turns back into your miserable Cal hate garbage. You try to act like you're ready to talk the current topic, but always and quickly revert back to bitching.

I've never blocked anyone in all the years of being on this forum, but you make me think about it daily. And I'm not even a Cal hugger!

Get
More
Head
drunk straw GIF

Morehead looking solid early. Running offense, making their shots. Illinois looks a little sluggish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT