ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Duke vs. #12 Texas Tech - ESPN2

I’m trying to imagine myself on the night Kentucky played a close game dashing over to an unrelated third program’s site to bicker with their fans. But I can’t imagine that. I guess it’s because I’m no jackass who feels the need to seek the approval of another fan base.
No kidding. These guys coming over here to celebrate after eking out a win against a team who has beaten NEB. I would be on my own board celebrating or discussing the blaring issues that were exposed in that game.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Umm they have only beaten 1 decent team NEB, might be a tad overrated. Lets see them beat a real team before we anoint them a really good team. They looked like garbage on offensive and unforced errors and questionable shots without Zion in there they don't go inside. Be honest look at their schedule so far and tell e they won't lose 10 games this year. They have played no one before tonight unless you count NEB. Which is a solid team, but not great.

They’re at least above average/ decent.

Ranked 12th for a reason. Solid veteran squad and Duke just won by double digit digits.

Sure TT probably isn’t a “legit” top 5-10 team but they’re at least a legit tourney team.

I absolutely abhor duke and their cheating ways but trying to diminish how good they are/ can he seems naiave to me personally ?

He should not be doing anything other than that, given, a) he's on a Kentucky board, b) he, like everyone here has no impact on the outcome of these games, and c) has no ties to them, other than supposedly rooting for them since 1986 (he has no ties to any of his teams that roots for). Duke is great, but don't expect us to fawn over them as much as the Duke board fawns over UNC.
I don’t go to other teams boards. The reason? I just don’t care what they think about anything.

That being said, it seems that a lot of other teams fans like to come to our boards. I take that as a compliment. People like to hang with the popular crowd.

I don’t go to other teams boards. The reason? I just don’t care what they think about anything.

That being said, it seems that a lot of other teams fans like to come to our boards. I take that as a compliment. People like to hang with the popular crowd.

If we beat Duke 118-84 in the opener, we would all be banned from the Duke board. As it is, our board is much more tolerant than other boards.

I’ve always said it and will continue to do so.

If there’s a thread about Duke whether it’s complaining about refs, about K, about NCAA treatment of Duke, about a Duke game, about recruiting or cheating to get recruits or media bias or how there’s an asterisk or easy bracket in the tournament, Duke players current and former etc etc etc etc etc etc

I’m going to post in it. I enjoy the hate. It gives me pleasure.

If we beat Duke 118-84 in the opener, we would all be banned from the Duke board. As it is, our board is much more tolerant than other boards.
That’s a testament to our board imo.

Here’s the great thing about the tournament. You don’t have to play all the really good teams.

If you catch a break or two, you might end up with good matchups. Just like last year, we caught every break possible for an easy Final Four berth. Of course we pissed it away, but that’s not my point.

Reactions: crpoore

If there’s a thread about Duke whether it’s complaining about refs, about K, about NCAA treatment of Duke, about a Duke game, about recruiting or cheating to get recruits or media bias or how there’s an asterisk or easy bracket in the tournament, Duke players current and former etc etc etc etc etc etc

[laughing]

You'd do that with 10 Kentucky fans talking about Duke in a bar?

Thought so.

Kentucky fans, just report them. Every post. That's the only way the mods see it. If they're a pussy (like this guy is) and they disappear when they lose but show up when they win.. they should be banned.

We've allowed Duke fans here plenty of times, if they're good posters.

Quit being a total homer. Jesus Christ, grow some testicles.

I say this all the time. If you can’t criticize your own team when it’s warranted, then you have zero credibility.

We have these blowhard homers also. You know what they are? They’re boring and irrelevant.

If you’re on message boards, and you can’t be objective, good or bad, or anywhere in between, then you’re wasting everyone’s time.

It’s about the plays at the end of the game and knowing when to kick it out so yes he learned a lot

You do realize most of us admit Duke has an excellent team this year, right ?

So... why the continued need for our approval and validation? It’s honestly starting to get a tad awkward my man.

You have more posts on our board than you do your own. I realize you just became a Duke fan a few years ago after they won their last title (at least that’s what you said ) but still... you’d think the duke board would be poppin

I’ll allow you to rebuttal with some obscure and subtle comment and have the last word here though...

Take care

For those trying their best to put their heads in the sand. Even in Dukes off games they are still winning against a team that is definitely capable of a sweet 16 maybe elite 8 run by 10+.

Dukes offense gets stagnant but it is just a ticking time bomb. The scary thing about Duke this year is they actually play man to man defense pretty darn well. Their defense is the best its been in years and the numbers proove it. Duke wont always hit slot of 3's but it's scary to watch a team struggle for 28minutes and still be in the game due to it's tough defense. Specially knowing their offenae ia ginna make a series of big plays at some point.

This Duke team is special, flawed yes but undoubtedly talented and explosive on both ends.

Also, #41 Jack White is the type of player coaches beg for. A tough hard nose kid who has done nothing but work hard for every minute he gets. When he is on the floor he bust his butt for every 50 50 ball and rebound. His stand still 3 point shot has been fantastic.

Kid isn't ever going to be a star amd he knows it. So he does all the little things that's needed for a team contending for a championship. Love kids like him, puts everything else on hold and is only focused on winning, no ego whatsoever.

Last edited:
For those trying their best to put their heads in the sand. Even in Dukes off games they are still winning against a team that is definitely capable of a sweet 16 maybe elite 8 run by 10+.

Dukes offense gets stagnant but it is just a ticking time bomb. The scary thing about Duke this year is they actually play man to man defense pretty darn well. Their defense is the best its been in years and the numbers proove it. Duke wont always hit slot of 3's but it's scary to watch a team struggle for 28minutes and still be in the game due to it's tough defense. Specially knowing their offenae ia ginna make a series of big plays at some point.

This Duke team is special, flawed yes but undoubtedly talented and explosive on both ends.
Theyre good. Really good.

It doesn’t mean they’ll win it all however.

The best team usually doesn’t win the title.

I see them losing at least 3 ACC games on the road, as foul trouble will cost them there. I'm guessing they'll make the elite 8, but just feel there's not enough in the frontcourt and consistent shooting to win a championship. An elite team will expose those weaknesses.

Last edited:
Reactions: kev69

I agree thats what makes college basketballs post season so great. Any team can get hot and shock the world. Too many x factors in basketball to allow a single elemnation tournament decide who the best team truly is.

I dont think there is any question who had the best team in 2015, but that team didn't win it all despite everyone knowing they are heads and tails above everyone else in talent.

Well said Kev!! Great point! It is flattering that they all flock here. Lol

Reactions: kev69

and I am a Duke fan.

Also, #41 Jack White is the type of player coaches beg for. A tough hard nose kid who has done nothing but work hard for every minute he gets. When he is on the floor he bust his butt for every 50 50 ball and rebound. His stand still 3 point shot has been fantastic.

Kid isn't ever going to be a star amd he knows it. So he does all the little things that's needed for a team contending for a championship. Love kids like him, puts everything else on hold and is only focused on winning, no ego whatsoever.

Sign about 2 or 3 of those every types every other year and I'm not complaining.

I agree thats what makes college basketballs post season so great. Any team can get hot and shock the world. Too many x factors in basketball to allow a single elemnation tournament decide who the best team truly is.

I dont think there is any question who had the best team in 2015, but that team didn't win it all despite everyone knowing they are heads and tails above everyone else in talent.
Yeah, no doubt. I love sports. Golf and Horse Racing are probably my favorites, but without a doubt, the NCAA tournament is by far the most exciting sporting event on earth. I also get a real hardon for the Conference tournaments.

Oh, by the way, I love College Football. It’s a total hardon from September until the title game.

Reactions: crpoore
Lmfao. Can't wait to see how White plays without the top3 NBA draft picks next year.

Why do I feel like he falls back into obscurity?

Dude, you just come across as annoying. This is really really tolerant board but almost any other board would ban you by now.

Lmfao. Can't wait to see how White plays without the top3 NBA draft picks next year.

Why do I feel like he falls back into obscurity?
Nah, White is a really solid stretch 4. The "Death" lineup with him and Zion at the 4-5 is probably Duke's best lineup.

No way is Cam going in the top 3. He's struggling big time.

Reactions: bookforthree
LOL they couldn't buy a shot until 2 reserves came in to give them their 2 3's. TT played like trash and still could have won. Man the unforced TO's and horrible quick 3's. If dook would have lost to that offensive nightmare they should have dropped out of the top 10. I haven't seen a team play that bad against a top 2 team and be in it until the end. Dook looking pretty regular against a tough nosed D. ACC play should be a rude awakening especially on the road for the dukie's.
Duke played horribly too there bud. Calm down.

Nah, White is a really solid stretch 4. The "Death" lineup with him and Zion at the 4-5 is probably Duke's best lineup.

No way is Cam going in the top 3. He's struggling big time.

Guess he just needed that Junior year to go from averaging less than 1ppg to 7? He actually regressed from his freshman year, and the majority of those 3pointers were completely uncontested.

Going to be a vastly different world for him next year.

Guess he just needed that Junior year to go from averaging less than 1ppg to 7? He actually regressed from his freshman year, and the majority of those 3pointers were completely uncontested.

Going to be a vastly different world for him next year.

He regressed from his freshman year?

Why wont any talk about RJ Barretts horrendous shot selection and shot percentage...the dude shoots over 20 shots per game and hits an alarmingly low clip

I just got back from taking my son to the movies and found a 7 page Duke game thread. I immediately check the score and they won. So what did I miss (so I don't have to read all of that) in 7 pages that made this game a hot topic?

I’ve alwa
I just got back from taking my son to the movies and found a 7 page Duke game thread. I immediately check the score and they won. So what did I miss (so I don't have to read all of that) in 7 pages that made this game a hot topic?
TT played well. Duke played ok. Close game until last 5 minutes. Seems like there were 43 charges called against Duke. Red Raiders are the real deal.

TT played well. Duke played ok. Close game until last 5 minutes. Seems like there were 43 charges called against Duke. Red Raiders are the real deal.

Shot 38%, 15% from 3, and 19 turnovers. Doesn't even sound "ok" to me.

But 15 steals? Was TT basically just throwing the ball to you guys?

Also, TT shot 38% and had 24 turnovers to 9 assists. Not sure how that can be called "playing well".

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Why wont any talk about RJ Barretts horrendous shot selection and shot percentage...the dude shoots over 20 shots per game and hits an alarmingly low clip
He's been more efficient recently, obviously not this game. Although a game with the #1 defense and the #3 defense is pretty much guaranteed to be ugly.

A bunch of us were slamming RJ pretty hard on the Duke board after the Gonzaga loss.

Reactions: kyups01

They were #13 couldn't hold onto the ball. Once he got a little pressure and dribbled out of bounds while falling. TT has only beaten NEB. Will be awhile before we know they are the real deal or dook just isn't all that. I mean I will admit dook is good, but I also believe over hyped. Most thought the Zags were great because they beat dook then they got their asses handed to them by the cheats. Still too early to know a lot.

He's been more efficient recently, obviously not this game. Although a game with the #1 defense and the #3 defense is pretty much guaranteed to be ugly.

A bunch of us were slamming RJ pretty hard on the Duke board after the Gonzaga loss.
Yeah he needs to tighten that up.

Also, TT shot 38% and had 24 turnovers to 9 assists. Not sure how that can be called "playing well".
Unlike recent years, Duke's D is elite this year. Lead the country in blocks and maybe #3 in steals. Probably Duke's best D since 2002.

No kidding. These guys coming over here to celebrate after eking out a win against a team who has beaten NEB. I would be on my own board celebrating or discussing the blaring issues that were exposed in that game.

I just googled “duke vs Texas tech game thread” and it brought me here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT