ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Purdue and #2 Houston lost, who do #3, #4 and #5 play next?

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
#3 KU plays at UCF tonight
#4 UConn plays at Xavier tonight
#5 UT plays at Miss State tonight.
Three road games.😉

Reactions: BlueSince92
Kansas and UConn are not losing. That would shock me. Rocky Top could lose, but likely won’t. Cats wouldn’t jump to #1 even if all of them did, and wouldn’t deserve to in any case. Best they would do is probably #4. Purdue isn’t dropping past 3.

Reactions: dl51344
Someone sure guarded Missouri the last 10 minutes. They made 1 field goal.
That’s my gripe about last night, we kinda played with our food for 30 minutes. Very confident team, which I love, but they need to start developing a mean streak. Texas A&M is going to be desperate for a win on Saturday, a performance like last night probably won’t be enough to get it done on the road.

That’s my gripe about last night, we kinda played with our food for 30 minutes. Very confident team, which I love, but they need to start developing a mean streak. Texas A&M is going to be desperate for a win on Saturday, a performance like last night probably won’t be enough to get it done on the road.
This is true and they have one of the top defenses. Ky won't score higher than 70. If we do we win.

Our defense is getting better. It’s not where it should be or will be.

Our rebounding is getting better too.

Team is getting better every day.

We wouldn’t be ranked number 1 if they all lost but we are the best team in the country right now.

With a bullet!!🏀👍

If all of them lost, I'd bet the rankings stay the same as this week. I'm pretty sure something like that happened a few years ago where the top 5 or 6 all lost on the same day/weekend.

Let's just not drop. Because if Theiro can't play, I'm worried about winning AT TAMU. That was one of the 4 losses I predicted in SEC for us before his injury. And they are a very physical team and great on the boards (better than Florida).

• Love
Reactions: westerncat
I love the bragging rights of being number one but I like the pressure of being from number 5 to number 10 better especially with this many young players. The defense will get better as the Seven Footers and the team get better at understanding the Seven Footer's roles remember they haven't played much with this team.

True or false we are a healthy Wagner and Bradshaw away from being undefeated or with 1 loss and ranked 1 or 2? I do believe having Bradshaw and even Ugo to battle dick Hunter would have mattered. I do believe with Wagner we do not lay an egg vs UNCW.

Reactions: CB3UK
Uconn goes down tonight we will be ranked 5th next week if we win on the road Saturday.

#1 in January? No thanks. That just makes teams even more fired up when they play us. It’s bad enough just wearing Kentucky blue, don’t give them any other reason to give us their A+ game.

MSU leads UT 35-22 at half. Keep it up, fellas.
KU 37-29 at half.

Last edited:
They guarded themselves. East was sitting on the bench with a closed eye compliments of Reeve's hand.

Mizzou is a pretty bad team with East. Without him they are terrible. We should have run them out the gym last night, but our defensive effort is sporadic and unfocused. Eventually we will run into a team that we can't out offense.

We’ll have a target on our back no matter what our ranking is. I don’t like being #1 right now anyways. As we get closer to the tournament, then I’ll be interested in rankings.

We were better, but they just missed a lot of wide open shots they made in the first. Kinda like Florida. Wasn't all us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT