ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m not sure why he isn’t playing.”

You still got that Cal man crush I see. It is interesting to me that you are obviously a John MacArthur fan. (For those who don’t know, he’s a preacher who quite often calls out other preachers by name as heretics). And yet you fail to see the charlatan that Cal is? That’s wild. If Cal were a preacher, your boy would have called him out. He’s a used car salesman - slimy, crooked, lover of money who will do anything to get it and keep it. Your favorite preacher has some discernment. You, not so much.
I nominate this for post of the year.

A UK fan writing that John MacArthur would call out Calipari if Cal was a preacher.

It's actually true, too. Cal would be one of those "emerging church" goons who prioritizes blue stage screens , coffee shops in the church foyers, and Ted-Talk style Christian Coldplay concert worship experiences.

Last edited:
I can find no rational explanation for Cal making these statements. They make no sense. If there is a problem with the kid and him,how does what he said help it. Does ANYONE believe the coach at the University of Kentucky doesn't know why one of his players isn't playing,so what the he'll is he trying to accomplish here. Trolling the fan base? as good an explanation as any. I am so ready for the circus to leave town
I have mentioned this one too many times already over the past few years, but once again it seems to apply here.
Have we considered that Cal just isn't mentally all there anymore?

So is there anything concrete here or is this whole thread wild speculation?

If the player is intentionally holding himself out, per speculation, over concerns about his minutes, he doesn’t deserve a spot on the team, IMO. I know I had times in my sports playing days where I thought I should play more than the guy ahead of me, but I showed up to practice everyday and was ready when called upon to play.

I am hoping he’s just not cleared.

You still got that Cal man crush I see. It is interesting to me that you are obviously a John MacArthur fan. (For those who don’t know, he’s a preacher who quite often calls out other preachers by name as heretics). And yet you fail to see the charlatan that Cal is? That’s wild. If Cal were a preacher, your boy would have called him out. He’s a used car salesman - slimy, crooked, lover of money who will do anything to get it and keep it. Your favorite preacher has some discernment. You, not so much.
I've had some heated exchanges with Mr Grace .. he has no grace , guy is a horses ass . Glad he went premium , he can stay over there

• Wow
Reactions: CincyUKFan
I can see you have no interest in real talk. I’m asking you for your take on what Cal said last night. If you won’t respond to the actual question, you’re as worthless as that kybassfan dude I have on ignore.
In the time I have been on this board and reading your posts, I have seen nothing from you to indicate you want real basketball talk. Now, if it is fantasy, a little mild hatred or, a contrived conspiracy I am interested in then, you are my guy. Problem there is I am not interested.
You, putting me on ignore, would be more than okay with me.

Let's have it @sk73 . What say thee?
It was an odd thing to say but I am used to Cals thought process. When he answers a question, any question, there may be several thoughts that invade his mind during the response. You know that already.
While it was a very odd response, I still like him. After Thiero plays Saturday, then what? What are the lantern and pitchfork troop gonna come up with.

In the time I have been on this board and reading your posts, I have seen nothing from you to indicate you want real basketball talk. Now, if it is fantasy, a little mild hatred or, a contrived conspiracy I am interested in then, you are my guy. Problem there is I am not interested.
You pay 0 attention to my posts if this is what you think. You’re worthless, goodbye.

It was an odd thing to say but I am used to Cals thought process. When he answers a question, any question, there may be several thoughts that invade his mind during the response. You know that already.
While it was a very odd response, I still like him. After Thiero plays Saturday, then what? What are the lantern and pitchfork troop gonna come up with.

You think Thiero plays Saturday? I would be very shocked, especially after these comments. Cal isn't dumb, everything he says is VERY calculated, you can tell. Coaches, at least not ones doing it for this long, don't let things out accidentally.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Anyone with 2 functioning brain cells could tell Thiero wasn’t hurt! He’s not playing because he sees how Cal treats his pet favorites!
Are you saying he is another Wheeler? If so that would be his problem not Cal's. This is not my claim. It is based on what you said. My assumption would be he is still having back issues. I agree Cal's comments are a bit confusing. It would certainly seem he wants him back on the floor asap based on this but I don't know who is actually preventing it at this point. My guess is Cal is not allowed to speak medically so it is pretty much guess work unless Adou chooses to speak on it.

Be honest. Have you actually been keeping up with @STL_Cat 's posts? He's usually pretty fair and has been for years.

His minutes did take a nose dive the last three games he played.

PENN - 15
UNC -16 (and made crucial defensive plays)
LOU - 13

He was hurt against PENN and LOU - but should have played more than 16 against UNC. Still played more than Edwards in that one though.
His minutes were limited because of injury at that point.

He clearly hasn’t, whatever. Dude is another kybassfan. I’m not going to bother with people who don’t have a brain cell beyond “Cal good!”
I've actually got you in my "top 5 most trusted opinions" list. @Aike and @UK90 are also there pretty much permanently. The other two slots fluctuate from season to season.

• Love
Reactions: Aike and STL_Cat
So you are calling him another Wheeler?
Wheeler didn't deserve to play. He lost his starting role before he bailed. Thiero absolutely does, and has been battling uphill for two seasons while outperforming his competition. Cal knows this to be true, but is trying to paint Thiero out as not being willing to fight for playing time WHICH IS COMPLETELY FALSE.

I do see a trend in his posts. He is not at the Wonky, Bnewt and Mike D level but I dont see him as being a fan of the team.
He's a huge fan of the program and celebrates with the best of us when UK is winning against teams it should be beating.

He's fair when UK loses to teams that are comparable.

But he also calls it the way it is when UK craps the bed. That doesn't mean he isn't a "fan of the team." It just means that he's willing to write and speak the truth, which is a quality that, although diminishing in our culture, is still of indispensable worth.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I've actually got you in my "top 5 most trusted opinions" list. @Aike and @UK90 are also there pretty much permanently. The other two slots fluctuate from season to season.
Hopefully I come across your desk once in a blue moon.

sexy boys flirt GIF

Cal just said on his radio show that if he practices the next couple of days he will play against Arkansas.

He's a huge fan of the program and celebrates with the best of us when UK is winning against teams it should be beating.

But he also calls it the way it is when UK craps the bed. That doesn't mean he isn't a "fan of the team." It just means that he's willing to write and speak the truth, which is a quality that, although diminishing in our culture, is still of indispensable worth.
I have no use for someone who would think I’m not a fan of this team. I sure don’t have time for the Johnny come lately “I just discovered Kentucky basketball when Cal got there” fans.

8-9 years ago I’d have argued till I’m blue in the face that Calipari is the best coach in college basketball. Things change. I’m still hoping that he figures it out with this team and leads us back to another Final Four. I think he can. Last night + his bizarre comments about Thiero are alarming.

Willing to write and speak the truth? Who on here doesnt think they are writing and speaking their truth? I am speaking the truth when I agree or disagree with anyone on this board.

I didn't say he quit.

I suggested he doesn't want to sit behind Edwards.

Both can be true. He's a competitive athlete. He has a pro future, whether it's NBA or overseas playing ball. You think he -- and his teammates -- don't see what we all see regarding Edwards?

Don't be naive.
Well again, he is playing more than Edwards. How is that playing behind Edwards?

just imagine '96 Pitino with this team.

...not 97 Pitino? Why not 97 Pitino? 97 Pitino reminds me of the 2014 FF Cal. No idea why. And that Cal seemed a lot better (on paper) than the 2024 Cal. Maybe we should just start calling Cal the paper tiger that he is. Paper Cal has a certain ring to it.

I don't think it's a big deal that we lost to Uscjr at their place. I expected a rebound game after the emotional First of Z. Bound ro be a let down afterwards. The margin surprises me, but not the loss. It also doesn't surprise me that Cal gets just as smarmy after a loss as he gets arrogant after a good win.

He can't help himself. Probably bronzes his own turds

Anyone with 2 functioning brain cells could tell Thiero wasn’t hurt! He’s not playing because he sees how Cal treats his pet favorites!
Yep. Can't stand Cal playing favorites. He has always treated certain players different. It is almost like he lets the social dynamic of the locker room dictate who he plays.

Reactions: Girthang
Are you serious , Clark? Adou has had to bust his tail, WAY more than the other guys, just to get those mins per game. Meanwhile, Edwards essentially gives you nothing and can't be bothered to put more than minimum effort into the gym and STILL gets practically the same min average. He's able to play, but Cal "doesn't know why he didn't".

But this isn't about how Edwards does HERE. It's actually about how he does in the NBA. Makes no difference that Cal can't coach him to be better now, no matter how many minutes he plays. It's about his future as another signed, milestone basketball on Cal's wall. He's either a future trophy that Cal coached up! Or he's a future no show that Cal will never mention, remember, or be seen with again.

I feel bad for both Thiero and Edwards as political tools for Cal. I wish it were possible for Cal to learn that the most improvement doesn't come from rewarding the least positive production. It comes from the bench more often than it does from playing someone that hasn't EARNED the time. There's a reason Cal sucked as a pro coach. Now he gets to do here what he did there, but without any fear

Willing to write and speak the truth? Who on here doesnt think they are writing and speaking their truth? I am speaking the truth when I agree or disagree with anyone on this board.
There's plenty of folks here who don't care about the truth. Some are trolls. Some are merely contrarians. Some have zero standards for the program and their perspective is so abysmal that they refuse to critique Calipari on literally anything.

None of those options reveal a desire on the part of the individual to speak the truth. So your question actually opens up the door to literally hundreds of possibilities in the realm of posters who either don't care for truth, or are so biased that they essentially don't care to see it.

Reactions: NociHTTP and sk73
Cal just said on his radio show that if he practices the next couple of days he will play against Arkansas.

I mean he's been practicing this past week and throwing down dunks. I can't see how he's NOT ready.

Let's hope, but this is still bizarre to me.

I don't like this with Thiero. Seems like he's having a pity party and Cals calling him out. No idea but just don't like it and afraid there's more going on. Hopefully not but it hasn't made a lot of sense and I'm sure cal knows exactly what the trainers say.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Sounds like to me Adou is pissed Cal is riding Edwards and not giving him a chance to play. So he's sat out. Once again before anyone tries to call me out for what I said. I am forced to speculate because Cal won't be transparent with the fans.

...not 97 Pitino? Why not 97 Pitino? 97 Pitino reminds me of the 2014 FF Cal. No idea why. And that Cal seemed a lot better (on paper) than the 2024 Cal. Maybe we should just start calling Cal the paper tiger that he is. Paper Cal has a certain ring to it.

I don't think it's a big deal that we lost to Uscjr at their place. I expected a rebound game after the emotional First of Z. Bound ro be a let down afterwards. The margin surprises me, but not the loss. It also doesn't surprise me that Cal gets just as smarmy after a loss as he gets arrogant after a good win.

He can't help himself. Probably bronzes his own turds
losing to Carolina at their place in a 95-90 loss wouldn't have been devastating - yea most of us grumbling now would be grumbling had that happened to, but the more concerning part of this is that this team wasn't ready to face USC.

And Calipari was powerless to do anything about it during the game.

They had one game plan - which is the same game plan for every team UK plays at this point

win by 20 and let your talent cover up your mistakes.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Of course we're all speculating (but no need to state that because it should be obvious), but the more I read from others the more I think that the best guys we had out there were Thiero / Mitchell and 3 guards, and Adou KNOWS IT. He's watching Cal burn this thing down by trying to make sure Edwards and Bradshaw get drafted. It seems that Thiero has actually been able to play for more than a week. Just awful.

Of course we're all speculating (but no need to state that because it should be obvious), but the more I read from others the more I think that the best guys we had out there were Thiero / Mitchell and 3 guards, and Adou KNOWS IT. He's watching Cal burn this thing down by trying to make sure Edwards and Bradshaw get drafted. It seems that Thiero has actually been able to play for more than a week. Just awful.
I do find it strange that Cal, who loves a big to post up, doesn’t see that his centers can’t do that. Only Tre can. And that makes going back to the original front court of Thiero/Tre even more sensible.

I nominate this for post of the year.

A UK fan writing that John MacArthur would call out Calipari if Cal was a preacher.

It's actually true, too. Cal would be one of those "emerging church" goons who prioritizes blue stage screens , coffee shops in the church foyers, and Ted-Talk style Christian Coldplay concert worship experiences.
So, you are basically saying that Cal is the "Joel Osteen " of college basketball coaches??

Or, maybe, "Jesse Duplantis" ??

Maybe a combination of those two???

Cal IS living HIS best life!!

Are you serious , Clark? Adou has had to bust his tail, WAY more than the other guys, just to get those mins per game. Meanwhile, Edwards essentially gives you nothing and can't be bothered to put more than minimum effort into the gym and STILL gets practically the same min average. He's able to play, but Cal "doesn't know why he didn't".
What evidence is there that Edwards "can't be bothered to put more than minimum effort into the gym"?

So now we think Thiero has quit?

No one knows. But he's been out extra long for back spasms, and we have Cal being quoted above, saying he's not sure why he's not playing and insinuating that he should be.

If last week he's chest bumping with the team on the bench, and this week he's practicing with the team, throwing down dunks, then I'd say there's no reason he shouldn't be playing Saturday, in what many of us would say is kind of a must-win game.

If he doesn't play Saturday, I'd like to hear someone try and explain how this isn't a big deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT