ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m not sure why he isn’t playing.”

"These kids, it is about."

-Yoda Calipari

giphy.gif

Got news for you goobers holding out hope Thiero is gonna make some big difference. Spoiler: he won't.
We know you’re, oddly, a Thiero hater. Very strange to dislike a guy who brings toughness, unmatched athleticism, defense, and who tries to dunk on everyone.

Wonder how you’re going to feel when he’s dunking on people in the league at 6’9” with the handles of a guard.

I’m convinced this is his guilty pleasure. That’s the only way to explain such bullshit behavior. I coached youth basketball and I knew when each of my kids had a loose tooth and I knew all their strep throat schedule (those little ding dongs kept strep throat).

He knows. He’s trolling

I’m convinced this is his guilty pleasure. That’s the only way to explain such bullshit behavior. I coached youth basketball and I knew when each of my kids had a loose tooth and I knew all their strep throat schedule (those little ding dongs kept strep throat).

He knows. He’s trolling

You are 100% correct yet there are still many “fans” that eat Cal’s BS with a spoon and say “more please!”

Anyone who thinks Cal is above trolling the fanbase, and even his own boss, think again. He’s done it repeatedly and the louder the criticism gets, the more he relishes doing it.

Cal truly believes in his own mind that he is above reproach and turns into a petulant child when people are like “wtf are you doing?”. That’s why it’s so hard to respect the man.

Last edited:
Context? Is this in regard to Thiero?
This is the quote by Calipari regarding Thiero .

“He won’t play, but watching him I’ve got to say, ‘Well, why aren’t you playing?'” he said. “Like, he’s dunking balls and doing stuff.’ ‘Well, I’m a little bit hurt.’ Some of these guys start playing really well, you’d better get back here and fight.'”

“He won’t play, but watching him I’ve got to say, ‘Well, why aren’t you playing?'” he said. “Like, he’s dunking balls and doing stuff.’ ‘Well, I’m a little bit hurt.’ Some of these guys start playing really well, you’d better get back here and fight.'”
Yet, when Thiero plays well, his minutes don’t increase. Seems like he’s telling Thiero others guys are going to cut into his minutes by performing well and that he better get back. Sadly, for Adou, he’s never been allowed to cut in their minutes by playing well.

Exactly as I thought. If what Cal is saying is true, then Thiero has had enough of the BS with certain guys and has checked out until he's sure that Cal is done favoring Edwards and this 2-big nonsense.

If Thiero isn't playing when he's been medically cleared to play, and according to Cal LOOKS like he's ready to play, then this suggests to me that there is stuff going on behind the scenes. One of those "stuffs" would be Cal forcing Thiero to damn near be perfect in order to get playing time over one of Cal's highly coveted and severely underwhelming recruits.

Wonder how you’re going to feel when he’s dunking on people in the league at 6’9” with the handles of a guard.
This personifies Cow Nation and the level to which UK basketball has fallen during Calipari’s regime. Calipari has convinced his legion of lemmings that the success of UK basketball is to be measured by NBA stat lines rather than by UK wins & losses, UK degrees earned, and trophies & banners in Rupp. His one and done student-athlete model blows, and I can’t wait for that ridiculous contract to expire.

This personifies Cow Nation and the level to which UK basketball has fallen during Calipari’s regime. Calipari has convinced his legion of lemmings that the success of UK basketball is to be measured by NBA stat lines rather than by UK wins & losses, UK degrees earned, and trophies & banners in Rupp. His one and done student-athlete model blows, and I can’t wait for that ridiculous contract to expire.

And sites like KSR perpetuate this, with their constant reporting on NBA Cats. Apparently a lot of modern day UK fans are content to live vicariously through the accomplishments of ex-players, while ignoring the lack of accomplishment from current ones. Sad state of affairs.

I wonder why those folk keep coming over to RR to talk about former UK player's NBA stats?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT