ADVERTISEMENT

UT Player attacks a fan

Fans don’t belong on the field, I’d win that litigation with my eyes closed.
the "fan" was a cheerleader, he has the right to be on the field. He was just simply running toward the Arkansas players to celebrate a big W. And you would lose that litigation. Video evidence is a VERY powerful took in court. NOTHING in that video suggest the victims instigated the incident or provoked the player one bit. I hope you really are not a lawyer in real life. You would be just like UT, take a big L.
Reactions: catswillwin

POLITICAL THREAD

Weird how it doesn't say we pledge allegiance to the government or the globalist governments. Btw, that isn't the original version and you know it. (edit: This the original version written by a minister, which was changed in 1954 by Eisenhower to include "God." So rather this is not the current version).

#15 Louisville falls at home to SMU 34-27 ( Overrated as usual )

It’s funny, some idiots always rank them in the top 25 preseason, despite not doing anything to deserve it. A month later that have two loses. Those pollsters must be getting a kickback to rank them, even though it makes them look bad.
And they moved up to the Top 15, after beating Austin Peay, Georgia Tech, and Jacksonville State. Teams with a combined 7-9 record and one not even being a D1 team. That just screams Top 15. LOL, they have faced two teams worth a damn, lost them both. The good news for L's Down fans, they only have 5 road games and 2 home games remaining. Should be able to right the ship and get right back into the playoff hunt.
@ Virginia
Miami
@ BC
@ Clemson
@ Stanford
Pitt
@ UK
LOL, I can't think of a better group of fans who deserve it, 5 road games and the 2 home games remaining. The 2 home games are against the 2 best teams in the ACC. Should be a cake walk, LOL.

Jon Sumrall Watch

I like coordinator continuity. However, there are a couple things that must be included in the conversation. Brown and Coen took other jobs. Before Stoops, I rarely remember other schools wanting our coordinators as coordinators or HCs. Coen is on the list twice and it was obvious he preferred the NFL over the college game. I think Stoops tried to reproduce Coen's first year by bringing in Scang. His system with all its verbiage was too complicated to be implemented in one year. (Which is needed in today's transfer/NIL world.)

Oddly, Gran had the longest tenure with the least amount of talent, but was relieved of OC responsibilties. (Gran fell on the sword for recruiting reasons and doesn't receive enough credit for his impact on the program. That's a post for anothe day.)

The only reason we still have White is because he turned down LSU and I think he's made it known in coaching circles that he's not trying to jump into just any HC position.

Bottom line - I agree that we've had too much OC turnover. They thought Coen was going to give them a minimum of 3 years when he returned. But, we've had some OCs that other teams have come after for various appealing opportunities. I don't have a clue about Hamdan's future dreams. But, we need to get at least 3 years out of him (preferably 4) then support him if he takes a HC position.
Not every coordinator wants a HC job and that may be where White is. John Chavas was a top notch DC for years at TN and elsewhere but turned down many HC offers. Gran too. These guys want to coach but don't want the responsibility a HC has, dealing with media/alums, etc. Re Coen, this is just my opinion based on nothing but guessing, didn't pony to the recruiting involved. I have no idea what UK does post-Stoops but I don't think UK will have a problem finding a good coach and that's good news.

POLITICAL THREAD

So our national debt is up to $35 trillion. There are just over $250 million US adults (so taxpayers). This means on average, EVERY adult US citizen owes $140K.
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't owe shit. Our so called government ran by intellectual midgets does. Unfortunately when we default or turn into the Weimar Republic we are all going to suffer. Meanwhile hundreds of billions keep going to Ukraine and everywhere else every month. Americans are being robbed blind.

Vandy - what should UK be working on?

KMA. Get your head out of Stoops’s fat ass and you might understand we are going nowhere with him as coach. Just like your hero Cal who is no longer with us . Two coaches that suck. Like you.
LOL, you are calling everyone out who doesn't agree with your always doom and gloom. You are calling out several others, while no one is backing your stance. HMMM, looks like the majority agree with me, and you have nobody backing your point of view. I simply said NO MATTER WHAT, win or lose, your BS post are the SAME. You couldn't even refrain yourself after beating the #8 team on the road. You took a "L" big guy, now suck it up buttercup and take it like a man. Take the L and run along to let the adults discuss things with the program. Difference in us and you, we can be BOTH critical and positive when the time warrants it, you, not so much, all negative, all day, every day.
Don't believe me, just go back and review your last 10 post.

I am done with you, not going to get pull down to level. Pick another poster to argue with, your POV doesn't interest me, it not worth the time to try and debate with you.

UT Player attacks a fan

That’s true. But they didn’t.
Just my opinion.
Rushing the field to celebrate does not give someone the justification to physically assault someone.
If that’s true, anytime someone parks in front of my driveway I can knock them out??
They were not supposed to be there.
What a terrible analogy. just god awful, honestly.
  • Haha

Anyone watch High School football?

My son is a sophomore and he gets NIL........................from me
I hear you.

The twins that are at UK now that came back from playing at a northeast boarding school got truck leases in Corbin to play there. I know Lexington Christian has an ‘nil group’. I’m sure private schools are putting it together to help offset costs of tuition

Football ****** Stoops Monday Press Luncheon Notes - Vandy Week ******

Hello HOB… After some time off, we begin a busy week here on the House of Blue with Mark Stoops’ weekly press luncheon today at Noon ET. I’ll have all the latest news and notes on Kentucky football as the Cats prepare for a matchup with Bama-slayer Vanderbilt on Saturday at Kroger Field…

Login to view embedded media
MARK STOOPS Q&A:

* Good to get back to work after some time off to heal up this weekend, get body and minds right for this week. Coming into this press conference, I don’t have to worry about selling Vanderbilt anymore and my respect for Clark Lea and what he’s been building there for some time. Vandy could very easily be 2-0 in the SEC against two Top 10 teams. For us, we try to focus on our preparation regardless of what’s going on with our opponents. We’ve been progressing the last several weeks, and we need to continue to do that.

* Stoops says he’s had conversations with Lea where the Vandy coach said he’s trying to build his program in a similar fashion to how we did at UK.

* Vandy QB Diego Pavia is a tremendous player. Seeing things at a very high level. Vandy is using elements of plays you see a lot these days, and then some stuff you don’t see a whole lot. Unbalanced stuff. Shifts and motions. They do a good job of keeping you unbalanced. “They keep you on your toes.”

* Asked about CB Maxwell Hairston, Stoops says he’ll update us on that situation later in the week.

* On WR Hardley Gilmore practicing again… If he’s good enough to help us, he’ll play.

* Gotta create some turnovers in this one, and that’s going to be hard against a QB who hasn’t thrown a pick this year.

* On what they’ve done to minimize mobile QBs lately and the job they did against Dart at Ole Miss… Pavia is kinda unique. Different than the other guys they’ve seen.

* Asked about the current landscape of CFB… Nothing new to us in this league. We know how difficult it is in this league. It’s ridiculous. A lot of good coaches and players. Nothing surprises us anymore.

* On the record in SEC home games not being as good as the road games lately… Maybe something to do with the opponents. Not really sure. We’ve played good and bad in both situations.

* Eli Stowers, No. 9, a very good player for Vandy. Versatile TE does a lot of things for them. A good, complete player.

* Asked if this is a good time to remind the players that anything can happen in this sport… Stoops says he could talk until he’s blue in the face about it, but players have to get themselves up to play each week. You only get 12 of these chances during the regular season.

* On balancing confidence built with a massive win over Ole Miss vs. the layoff… Saw good work and focus during the open date. Went out and embraced the process, handled their business. Gotta come out today dialed in and ready to get better.

* On young guys in practice last week… Just a good group in general. Need to continue to get them work.

* On Chris Collins and the DBs… Seeing things, anticipation. There’s a lot to it, but seeing things better goes a long way. They are picking up on things a lot better than they did early in the season.

* Eli Cox having a nice season, Stoops said. A terrific leader.

* On Nichols’ play last week… Went back in with a bad shoulder last week and played as well as he could. Open date came at a good time for him. We’ll see if it will help him get back out there this week.

* On special teams play midway thru this season… Very solid. Still have to challenge the guys on protection, don’t want to get exploited there. Coverage has been really good. Kicking really good. Punting could improve.

* On RB Chip Trayanum’s status… Without getting into the weeds on it, we had a setback on what he had originally. We’ll see where that goes.

* Reiterates that he saw this coming with Clark Lea’s Vandy program for years. Not exactly an upset of No. 1 Alabama, but the fact that they play hard and compete. When you put that together with fundamental play and execution, you can beat anyone.

KENTUCKY DEPTH CHART FOR VANDY WEEK:

UT Player attacks a fan

So you went back 20 years to cite the malice in the palace, and I'm pretty sure the Duke incident was caused by fans on the floor where they don't belong as well.

Bottom line, buying a ticket doesn't grant you access to the field. Just like the players don't belong in the stands. If everyone stays where they are supposed to be, this doesn't happen.
That’s true. But they didn’t.
Just my opinion.
Rushing the field to celebrate does not give someone the justification to physically assault someone.
If that’s true, anytime someone parks in front of my driveway I can knock them out??
They were not supposed to be there.
These athletes act like they are above the law. Because people treat them that way.

UK MMB is holding a televised pro day: SEC Network+ Monday, October 7 | 6:00 PM

Is anyone going to be recording this? For people that are not home at the time. I have YouTube tv but I don’t think I can record on sec+. Is there anyway to record on the ESPN app?
Not sure about recording on ESPN app, but I suspect there will be youtubes up and running very promptly.
Also, will there by a Pro Day Thread during the broadcast ?? It would be cool to share initial impressions. GO CATS !!
Reactions: WildcatNC

POLITICAL THREAD

Not really. His examples of how to treat your fellow man are wonderful.
He doesn't advocate violence.
He does advocate for loving your neighbor, feeding the poor, treating immigrants with respect, taking care of sick, and sharing your wealth with those in need.
He would be considered a left wing Democrat today. That's why I follow his teachings and so should you.

It is awesome when political parties and their zealots attempt to enlist Jesus to their politics. 🤦‍♂️

If you don’t think Jesus is our sovereign God and King, regardless of the outcome of any election, you probably are something other than a Bible believer and follower of Christ.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT