ADVERTISEMENT

POLITICAL THREAD

If you don't believe that Jesus was God incarnate on Earth, and came to absolve people of their sins, was crucified, died, and arose from the dead in order to do this, then you would be an idiot to follow the teachings of Jesus. Because he would be a mental patient.

It's a binary choice. Anthing else makes ZERO logical sense.
I believe it was CS Lewis that said that Jesus was one of three things:

1. A liar
2. A lunatic
3. Exactly who he said he is (Son of God, Prince of Peace, etc)

I go with Option 3, myself.

POLITICAL THREAD

Not really. His examples of how to treat your fellow man are wonderful.
He doesn't advocate violence.
He does advocate for loving your neighbor, feeding the poor, treating immigrants with respect, taking care of sick, and sharing your wealth with those in need.
He would be considered a left wing Democrat today. That's why I follow his teachings and so should you.

And pretty sure Trump checks those boxes as well.

The dude is basically a Kennedy Democrat. FFS.

Anyone Have Any PC/Laptop Upgrading Experience?

@KyCatFan , i hate you dude. i always thought i could resist a second monitor and a slick computer set up. but this makes me want to lobby for one. i'm going to request the missus for a second monitor now. what the stand that you have them mounted on? also, do you have a big pc box for the cooling or would a smaller one work for the processor you chose?
I get it. I see some cool stuff (eye of the beholder) others have and I really think I need it to. I only did this as a reward for myself from getting a divorce after nearly 24 years. Finally getting to do/buy things I want. My mom asked me why I needed a second monitor and I said to multitask. I might not put up a TV in the room it will go in so I can watch something like Netflix on one and whatever I'm doing on the other (gaming, 3d printing stuff, posting on here, etc.).

The monitor stand is this.
Dual Monitor Stand

It can hold 2 monitors up to 32" it says. Mine are both 27" so I can't confirm that.

CPU Cooler

I just chose that one because it had more RGB lighting and it's what they had at Best Buy. I don't think it's substantially bigger than a standard one that comes with some processors. Definitely a little bigger but mostly because the fan is positioned on it's side instead of lying flat on the processor. It's taller for sure. I was going even bigger that that but the first one I purchased wouldn't fit over my RAM. Didn't realize you had to have some kind of low profile RAM. Stuck out to far when I raised the fan above the RAM and would hit the glass side of the case.

Original Cooler

I'm sure a smaller one like a stock fan would work for most setups. This was just designed to help with higher settings on games that make the CPU run a lot hotter. Some of the build videos mentioned that it would be fine if you just bought the chip that came with the stock cooler. I especially would have probably been alright. Just look at all of those other fans 😂. Good luck on convincing the significant other.

POLITICAL THREAD

He does advocate for loving your neighbor, feeding the poor, treating immigrants with respect, taking care of sick, and sharing your wealth with those in need.
He would be considered a left wing Democrat today. That's why I follow his teachings and so should you.

No, he wouldn't be.

Abortion would be a deal breaker, Village Idiot.

Line on KY v Vandy after Vandy upsets Bama ?

Folks Vandy has a good team this year.
I agree this Vanderbilt team is a lot better than Vanderbilt teams of the past. BUT our defense can shut anybody down. With Vandy being improved like they are, I believe that Georgia had more to do with Vanderbilt beating Alabama than Vandy did. Alabama was still celebrating their win over Georgia and as a result couldn't get up for Vanderbilt. I look for our game next Saturday when we play Vandy for them to still be celebrating their win over Alabama & won't be up for us. UK by at least 10 points.
  • Haha
Reactions: BGWentworth

POLITICAL THREAD

What did he do?

I didn’t know they lost until I checked ESPN. As someone who hates Alabama so much, I plan on consuming a lot of their shock and tears all night.
He kicked the ball when Vandy was lining up in victory formation. He was throwing a tantrum like a 10 year old on the field.

Can We Ban the Name Calipari from this Board?

I don't believe this is a very well-thought-out request. I can understand not mentioning Arkansas except for when Kentucky plays them but as awful as Calipari's last few years here were he was still a previous Kentucky coach, an important part of Kentucky basketball history, and the coach that won our eighth championship. Are you just asking us to all collectively put our heads in the sand and pretend the last fifteen years didn't happen?
Reactions: cat888 and chroix

UT Player attacks a fan

So, I can't tell for certain, but it looks like, as another poster alluded, that the male who was violently pushed down, may have been a EDITED: Arkansas cheerleader. How does your position change if the victim was, in fact, a cheerleader who has every right to be on the field?

If the entire premise for your defense of the player is that the victim of the assault and battery had no right to be on the field, the cheerleader has a case. Click.

No point in asking. He doesn't care who it is. It was OK for the player to throw someone around in his book. Doesn't matter the situation nor that the player wasn't threatened. As long as the player is mad and assaults the person, it's ok because the player belongs on the field.

POLITICAL THREAD

Because he said that's what he was. If you don't believe that he was, then he was obviously insane.
It was the language of the day. He was a spiritual teacher there to impart spiritual lessons and said so. It doesn't have to be literal. Scripture is mostly parables; they weren't speaking in pure literalities.
Reactions: sambowieshin

OT: Reds hire Terry Francona

That's been my biggest gripe. The draft all shortstops and CFs has got them where they have nobody who has even started to try to master 1 position. Elly doesn't seem like a natural SS to me and India is solid but a weak arm with not a ton of coverage out at 2nd. Those are the 2 most solidified to a position guys they have and that's extremely underwhelming in the field to me
Elly should be in CF with the ground he can cover. Get McClain back at 2B, solidify CES at 1B, hope Arroyo recovers fully, though he’s more than likely a 2026 guy. Maybe McClain at SS with India at 2B, hope Marte figures it out at 3B enough to make him a bargaining chip for when Cam Collier’s ready. Maybe move Steer back to SS or 3B. See the conundrum with not drafting guys to the positions?

POLITICAL THREAD

If you don't believe that Jesus was God incarnate on Earth, and came to absolve people of their sins, was crucified, died, and arose from the dead in order to do this, then you would be an idiot to follow the teachings of Jesus. Because he would be a mental patient.

It's a binary choice. Anthing else makes ZERO logical sense.

UT Player attacks a fan

It should be above Arkansas to storm the field for beating UT. Would we have stormed if we had beaten Ole Miss at Kroger Field? Would it have been warranted? Had we beat UGA, then yeah we would have stormed, Vandy deserved to storm for beating Bama, but Arkansas over UT? C’mon.

UK 100% would have stormed it if they beat ole miss.
Reactions: Blue-ish

UT Player attacks a fan

My first thought was stay off the field. Not a fan of storming. But this was deliberate and way more than pushing a fan out of the way to get to the locker room. Both are at fault. But so is ESPN/networks as they continuously televise these stormings.
It should be above Arkansas to storm the field for beating UT. Would we have stormed if we had beaten Ole Miss at Kroger Field? Would it have been warranted? Had we beat UGA, then yeah we would have stormed, Vandy deserved to storm for beating Bama, but Arkansas over UT? C’mon.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT