ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Case Scenario: 4 Final Fours in 6 Years, 1 Championship, 1 Runner Up.

Drudis

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 23, 2012
I think that's pretty good, maybe it's because my freshman year at UK was Tubby's last year.

Let's rally around our team, and forget all of the shady recruiting clutter.

Tyler Ulis
Isaiah Briscoe
Charles Matthews
Alex Poythress
Marcus Lee
Skal Labisierre
Mychal Mulder
Derek Willis
Dominique Hawkins

Possibly:
Jamal Murray
Thon Maker

Call me crazy but that's a good team in my mind.

I think we will have a good team next year too! A solid 7-8 man rotation.
If it was 2009 and someone said UK will make 2 Final Fours, 1 runner up and win 1 National Championship, I'd be ecstatic! I was so disappointed with the loss this year, but my god I am spoiled with UK basketball. But I like being spoiled. Go Big Blue!!!

I said it in another thread. We had 40-0 on our minds all last year, even early in the season. To even warrant that notion you needed the team we had last year. Are we as talented for this coming season. No. But we also aren't going for 40-0. This team is more than capable of a #3 seed or greater, and with young talent, they can easily push to Final 4. I think that's at a minimum, btw.

I will say this, I will breath a sigh of relief after our first loss during the regular season. Kind of just want to get that out of the way.

I agree with both of you. I was as disappointed as anyone, those of us who bought into the 40-0 dream and were at the game surrounded by wisc fans had a particularly bad month of April. But in hindsight it was still a hell of a season.

There will always be pressure on the guys, but none in the future will have the weight on their shoulders that last year's team had.

Cal's 7th team at UK will be a good team. Not one of his top 3 at UK, but we can make some noise.

I've said it and said it. Last years team was somewhat overrated. Its the reason why your common fan cannot understand this next team. Next years team is easily capable of cutting the nets down.

If we add Jamal Murray, not only can we cut down the nets, we would probably be one of the 2 or 3 favorites to do so.

I think next year's team is going to be awesome! I believe this team is going to be really fast. With dangerous offensive players all over the court. I believe this team will be a better offensive team because of the speed.

I think next year's team is going to be awesome! I believe this team is going to be really fast. With dangerous offensive players all over the court. I believe this team will be a better offensive team because of the speed.

I'll believe that when I see it.

I agree on the OP's thread though, it has been a great 6 years. It is all about the journey each season for me as a sports' fan, no matter the sport, and UK has had some amazing journeys the past few years.

ADVERTISEMENT