ADVERTISEMENT

UK All-Time Draft Playoffs

Give me a rim protector and always a threat for a putback dunk to give me some depth on the back end. The 2014 Elite 8 stud. Marcus Lee.

@UKNorse OTC

Last edited:
Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I know this dude didn't turn out how we thought the 1 year he was here. But no doubt this dude has talent to block shots and hit the mid range.

He will be able to thrive and dominate the 2nd team against lesser talented players

Give me Skal Labissiere

@hotelblue
Not a bad pick this late

Reactions: DraftCat
would have loved to see heshimu and this guy in the game at 3 and 4 at the same time even if for 5 minutes. better inside defender, rebounder. definitely had the athleticism to play an uptempo game. another kentucky boy and a warrior. give me please...

charles hurt

@UKNorse

would have loved to see heshimu and this guy in the game at 3 and 4 at the same time even if for 5 minutes. better inside defender, rebounder. definitely had the athleticism to play an uptempo game. another kentucky boy and a warrior. give me please...

charles hurt

@UKNorse

I’m a big Charles Hurt fan. He didn’t blow you away with stats but he was a damn good defender & rebounder. As tough as they come.

Reactions: hotelblue
Thanks guys.

We'll take a guy thats known for his toughness. Tough enough to eat a box of pop tarts and yack em on a treadmill.

Perry "Swat" Stevenson

A guy that can play the 2 or 3 and very athletic.

Hami Diallo
I know Hami gets a bad rap but I can't believe some of the guys that were drafted ahead of him.

I know its easy to hate this dude right now but check the stats.... He was 6th all time in assists for 1 season and that's with another 10 potential games left to play. Oh did I mention his stellar defense? This is fresh for everyone you should know. Put your personal feelings aside.

Going to run a 3 guard line up for my 2nd team.

Give me Ashton Hagans.

@jwhite123

I know its easy to hate this dude right now but check the stats.... He was 6th all time in assists for 1 season and that's with another 10 potential games left to play. Oh did I mention his stellar defense? This is fresh for everyone you should know. Put your personal feelings aside.

Going to run a 3 guard line up for my 2nd team.

Give me Ashton Hagans.

@jwhite123
he could have been good in my system for sure. wish i could’ve picked him up. smart pick imo.

he could have been good in my system for sure. wish i could’ve picked him up. smart pick imo.

Thank you sir. No one else I thought that could have a bigger impact than Hagans at this point. Realistically he should of been taken sooner. I think if he finished this year strong and didn't have the Virus and the one game suspension he would been taken much sooner.

Maybe even 5 rounds sooner

Reactions: hotelblue
This last pick is a little personal for me, and probably will maybe even win me some votes for having him. Give me the guy who is 2nd all time at UK in 3pt%. Not many former players love the university as much as this guy. Little known fact that probably got mentioned in every tournament game, he had the season high for points in any game of that ‘98 season. Give me the guy who have us “The shot heard round the bluegrass,” Cameron Mills. Also gives me the excuse to post this video ;)

@GonzoCat90 you’re up

This last pick is a little personal for me, and probably will maybe even win me some votes for having him. Give me the guy who is 2nd all time at UK in 3pt%. Not many former players love the university as much as this guy. Little known fact that probably got mentioned in every tournament game, he had the season high for points in any game of that ‘98 season. Give me the guy who have us “The shot heard round the bluegrass,” Cameron Mills. Also gives me the excuse to post this video ;)

@GonzoCat90 you’re up
Can’t fault you for taking a guy who hit 81/171 of his threes.

There are a cpl wings I’m dying to draft but I need another true PG since we’re trying to build realistic teams. I’m probably gonna shoot myself in the foot again by taking a chance on an older player that a lot of ppl probably won’t know well but he’s easily the best available & has been for a cpl rounds. I’ll take Larry Johnson. He was All-SEC in 1977 & the 24th pick in that year’s draft & averaged about 11 pts, 5 reb & 5 assists that season for UK.

@drcats2013

I need another big body and this dude was on pace to be a problem before injuries derailed his career.

Since we're only focusing on what they did at Kentucky, I'll round out my team with another talented anchor in the paint.

Give me Jason Parker.
I've had my last pick decided since I said I'd join the draft. But the way it was going, I thought if Parker was still on the board, I was gonna have to leave my boy hanging and I was taking him. His stats don't really tell the story, but Parker was a beast.

I need another big body and this dude was on pace to be a problem before injuries derailed his career.

Since we're only focusing on what they did at Kentucky, I'll round out my team with another talented anchor in the paint.

Give me Jason Parker.

I almost took Parker the last 2 rounds. He was a brut but was really skilled in the post. Had a ton of advanced moves for his age & was a great finisher from 8-10 ft in. He’s one of the biggest “what if” players of my lifetime. That guy had a chance to be special if not for injuries & bad decisions. Good shot blocker too. He had 22 & 13 in his last game for UK.

I've had my last pick decided since I said I'd join the draft. But the way it was going, I thought if Parker was still on the board, I was gonna have to leave my boy hanging and I was taking him. His stats don't really tell the story, but Parker was a beast.

He was one of those guys where as a kid, I never understood why our players weren't all drafted high every year. To me, I saw how awesome they were and didn't understand why some dude I had never heard of would be picked over them.

I thought freshman Jason Parker was going to be Shaq or something.

I almost took Parker the last 2 rounds. He was a brut but was really skilled in the post. Had a ton of advanced moves for his age & was a great finisher from 8-10 ft in. He’s one of the biggest “what if” players of my lifetime. That guy had a chance to be special if not for injuries & bad decisions. Good shot blocker too. He had 22 & 13 in his last game for UK.

Absolutely. He played so much bigger than he was. I used to be absolutely convinced they had his size wrong on TV.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith

Give me Jason Parker.
Oh man, good pick. I hadn’t thought about him through this draft.

Reactions: GonzoCat90

Give me Jason Parker.
nice pick. he could have been one of the best below the rim offensive post players at uk ever had it worked out. seriously it would have been cousins or him you want, putting their shoulder down 4 feet on in. he was a beast. he was on my list for a last pick. i just couldn’t see it with this team.

For my final pick, I’ll take a guard that REALLY came into his own his senior year. A guard that shown that given the opportunity, he could make an impact at a school like UK. His final 6 games of his career, two sec tourney games and 4 NCAA games, he averaged 9.5 points on 65% shooting from the field and 58% shooting from 3 while playing 23 minutes per game. Oh yea, he was also all-sec tourney that year. Give me a kid that never gave up and proved his worth, Dominique Hawkins. @jrpross finish her up.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
For my final pick, I’ll take a guard that REALLY came into his own his senior year. A guard that shown that given the opportunity, he could make an impact at a school like UK. His final 6 games of his career, two sec tourney games and 4 NCAA games, he averaged 9.5 points on 65% shooting from the field and 58% shooting from 3 while playing 23 minutes per game. Oh yea, he was also all-sec tourney that year. Give me a kid that never gave up and proved his worth, Dominique Hawkins. @jrpross finish her up.
Noooooooo

Welp. We’re down to the end now. When in doubt, pick a guy who can come in and pop a couple 3’s. Which works, because I could use another scoring guard off the bench.

He was thrust into a starting role and asked to do more than he should have been. But he responded well, all things considered. Averaged 9, 3, & 3 and shot .371 on threes. On my team, that’d be his forte. And I think he’d thrive in it.

I’ll take Julius Mays and turn the floor over to @GoBigBlue712

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow

@GonzoCat90 you’re up

This is the first time in the draft I've been absolutely gutted by a pick, was really hoping that would be my final pick smh.

Give me a hot minute to figure this one out.

Okay, for my final pick is a guy that was great off the bench this year, getting rebounds and making shots (shot over 40% from three), but sadly didn't get to play his last time in the Big Dance. Give me Nate Sestina.

@YaySports

Reactions: DraftCat
Ill go with former top 10 recruit, only spent a little over a season here before transferring to USC. Isaiah Thomas referred to him as the Jordan of their generation. He was suppose to be the next great before off court issues and drug abuse came up. His nickname was ‘The Blur’. Ill take Dwight Anderson to man the guard spot for my last pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT