ADVERTISEMENT

Running the numbers on player movement

Options? Hagans isn’t even on a roster right now. EJ Montgomery is in Lithuania. LOL at options.
Yeah, we're the only program that gives guys like that options to leave after 2 whole years.

It’s a non issue in most programs. There are no meetings with kids like Hagans, EJ, Quickly, Richards, Goodwin, Orton, the Harrison twins, Diallo, Knox, SKJ etc… to discuss their next level options. That’s ridiculous. Those conversations should never even be a thing, but they are at UK, because Cal has turned this into an NBA first program and he gets people like you to buy into it by calling it "a players first program". You are 100% in on everything Cal sells you, so much so, that you can’t see what's happening right under your nose.

Take a look at the programs that are winning titles and getting to final fours, they're all teams that put the program first.

I'm not the only one that sees it, your idol also sees it, why else would he be making the changes he’s making.

Wake up
You see some changes from Cal that I dont see?

Yeah, the simple fact that UK loses more underclassmen every year than any of the other 350 D1 programs, should tell you he's doing something wrong. You would have a point if that wasn't true.
Out if the scholarship players he has recruited since 2009, we have had, what, 4 guys stay through their junior year? What a joke.

9-16
Look in the mirror to see a joke.

I want pitino results back. Does that work?
The same results Pitino had at Louisville where Cal beat him like a drum. Cal beat Pitino almost 90% of the time while Pitino was at Louisville. Pitino put Louisville on NCAA probation and was fired by Louisville. Pitino decided to try paying players to keep up with Cal. Now we know your true colors. You love Pitino and hate Cal because Cal beat him like a drum and proved your hero was a loser.

You see some changes from Cal that I dont see?
Well, other than Collins, he doesn't appear to be bringing in a bunch of 2nd tier 5* kids to anchor the team to.
Hickman and Hopkins SHOULD be multi year players.
He brought in Grady and is looking at Carr, so those are definitely different actions than what we have seen from Cal up until now.
Now, this will work if Hickman, Hopkins, Allen, Ware and maybe Oscar, stays in the program until they are legit 1st round picks or have exhausted their college eligibility.
We won't know if Cal is going to successfully scrub the ick (farm system culture) off the program until we see players stick.
Keep in mind, the kids that are currently in the program, came here prior to the 20/21 season (call it 9 & 16 BC), so they have the old Cal mindset. It’s going to take years to fix what Cal created here.

Reactions: kl40504
No. I support what’s out there. I’m not stupid enough to think pissing all over it makes it better.
So telling the truth is pissing on the program?

No, I'm pro-UK, not pro-coach. You are the opposite.
UK should never be a farm system. The GL/Overseas/draft, should never take priority over the program. Never, but Cal has created a culture that does just that. You can't debate that. You just can't.

So telling the truth is pissing on the program?

No, I'm pro-UK, not pro-coach. You are the opposite.
UK should never be a farm system. The GL/Overseas/draft, should never take priority over the program. Never, but Cal has created a culture that does just that. You can't debate that. You just can't.
Again, your delirium surfaces. KY is a college basketball program. The players have options. They exercise them. They don’t bow down to the almighty Jeffy. It’s going to get worse all over the country. The signs are there for any fool to read. Instead you keep bleating like a child over crap that won’t change.

And yes, spouting irrelevant drivel in such a relentless and utterly mindless fashion is pissing on the program. I consider you part of the problem.

Again, your delirium surfaces. KY is a college basketball program. The players have options. They exercise them. They don’t bow down to the almighty Jeffy. It’s going to get worse all over the country. The signs are there for any fool to read. Instead you keep bleating like a child over crap that won’t change.

And yes, spouting irrelevant drivel in such a relentless and utterly mindless fashion is pissing on the program. I consider you part of the problem.
LMAO, you're a joke. You will never understand this, because you are so pro-cal that you can’t see what's happening.

LMAO, you're a joke. You will never understand this, because you are so pro-cal that you can’t see what's happening.
Understand what? The Jeffie boy fantasy world? No thanks.

Bottom line. This guy is the coach till he decides to leaves. The players chose their path. Money and perceived opportunity drive their decisions, not Jeffie boy platitudes and bluster. Them’s facts Jeffie. You can get behind the program or you can piss on it. We know your decision. Enjoy your fantasy.

Understand what? The Jeffie boy fantasy world? No thanks.

Bottom line. This guy is the coach till he decides to leaves. The players chose their path. Money and perceived opportunity drive their decisions, not Jeffie boy platitudes and bluster. Them’s facts Jeffie. You can get behind the program or you can piss on it. We know your decision. Enjoy your fantasy.
Spoke like a true Cal fanboy.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
The adjustment is to only take the Walls, Zions, ADs. If you want to take a flyer on ONE of the next tier a year then do it.

then the rest of your “recruiting class” should be guys like Toppin or OscarT. They spent 1 or 2 years at another school. So they have 2-3 years of eligibility left and when they come to you, they’ve already burnt their 1 time free transfer. Therefore they are more likely to stay...especially the guys coming in as JRs.

And if you have a blatant need (PG this year) bc one of your underclass transfers didn’t develop, then you fins a senior or grad transfer that can fill the spot

I think this ^.
You try for the truly elite (not just 5*, but can’t miss), skip the next tier mostly, then add a couple from next tier, and reload with proven transfers.

Reactions: EliteBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT