ADVERTISEMENT

What is KU's secret?

I'd say money. Maybe players like the coach and culture.

They also have consistent success, at least in the regular season. Last year was a disappointing year for them though. We know all about having a key injury though.

Reactions: rabbitTown
I would add UNC there. Good NIL, great alumnae resources, coaches fully invested in the program success and winning . Both programs recruit based on the team needs, and they are not afraid to recruit over the freshman , experienced players from the portal. The freshman that buy into the culture there stay multiple years and will become part of the alumnae base of the future.

Pope first job is to rebuilt a Kentucky’ s culture , second to get few titles, third to link Carl’s players from NBA to Kentucky, as they could become part of the alumnae power basketball connections.

That’s why I think we as BBN we should refrain from bashing Cal so we can rebuild that bridge to his former players that played from Kentucky.

You will never see UNC or Kansas destroying their own legacy even if was bad. They tried to cover up all their shady businesses. If we are smart , we also stop bashing towards Cal. That era is over.

Donald Duck Money GIF

I would add UNC there. Good NIL, great alumnae resources, coaches fully invested in the program success and winning . Both programs recruit based on the team needs, and they are not afraid to recruit over the freshman , experienced players from the portal. The freshman that buy into the culture there stay multiple years and will become part of the alumnae base of the future.

Pope first job is to rebuilt a Kentucky’ s culture , second to get few titles, third to link Carl’s players from NBA to Kentucky, as they could become part of the alumnae power basketball connections.

That’s why I think we as BBN we should refrain from bashing Cal so we can rebuild that bridge to his former players that played from Kentucky.

You will never see UNC or Kansas destroying their own legacy even if was bad. They tried to cover up all their shady businesses. If we are smart , we also stop bashing towards Cal. That era is over.

What do you mean by "a few titles?"

Sec titled?

What do you mean by "a few titles?"

Sec titled?
If the results will match his love and enthusiasm for Kentucky, I would dream of 3 NCAA titles in let’s say 15 years.

after all, a coach other than Rupp will have to win multiple ncaa championships at Kentucky. Why can’t we dream that this could be Pope?
He already won as player. He is a smart guy.. let’s wait and see …

Last edited:
Reactions: twindaddy2003+1
Marinade the chicken pieces in buttermilk and white pepper for half and hour before breading.

Even though Hurley is the hot coach now, Self is the dean of coaches now that K has stepped down. Calipari should have been tall hog at the trough after K stepped down, but now he is just a drifting Hawg!! It was his to take and he couldn't. That prestigious honor carries some weight,

Reactions: TexKat and Fox2monk
If the results will match his love and enthusiasm for Kentucky, I would dream of 3 NCAA titles in let’s say 15 years.

after all, a coach other than Rupp will have to win multiple ncaa championships at Kentucky. Why can’t we dream that this could be Pope?
He already won as player. He is a smart guy.. let’s wait and see …

It's nice to dream.

It hasn't happened yet with other coaches but we are due.

Our entire bench was asked to leave. They didn’t go portaling.
Not so, Ejifor, Udeh, and Martin left in response to the addition of Dickinson.
Pettiford, Yesefu, and Rice left in response to the addition of Timberlake.
There was also the reduction in scholarships in which they chose to bite one of the bullets last year.
Self bumbled the portal last year (Timberlake and no depth), then the McCullar injury did them in (even in a relatively weak Big 12). Fortunately for you, he isn't set in his ways and looks to have learned something. If Furphy comes back, and they do add Griffen or Brea, they'll be solid.
I do wonder if they'll be trying to spend this much every year; that would seem unsustainable. Or if they'll pick their years (more up and down than they have under Williams and Self).
Also, who is bankrolling all these kids? What big donors do you have? Adidas? Anshutz? Is Self paying them NIL out of his salary/savings?

For what’s it worth upperclassmen at the military academies will have a hard time transferring. Not sure how it is at army or navy but at Air Force you incur your commitment upon the first day of classes your junior year. Which means if you leave or flunk out you have to serve 5 enlisted or pay $250,000. At least that’s how it was 12 years ago. The $ amount may have changed.

It’s the same if they go to the professional sports draft respective to their sport. The professional team that drafts them has to cover that fee as well. Which, with how much more they make today then back then I figured the $ amount of breaking the commitment might’ve gone up as well. The government always makes sure to get theirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
The rug doctor has the best title IX allegation PR, crisis management, and sex assault cleanup crew that money can buy. For the right type of player, it's awfully hard to leave that type of support system.

I had to look up the number of millionaires by state on the off chance Kansas was ahead of Kentucky but they're not.

Kentucky ranks 28th in millionaires with 83,624. Kansas is 32 with 66,406. How many of those people are boosters, probably few.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT