ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Re: GYER38-0

Still in shock from that game last night. Shew

Watched it at Belles, good setup upstairs. Met ukalum10, nice dude, likes to wax Cougars.

Thank you Sparty. Thought for sure they were gonna piss it away. Bye Felicia.

Trying to figure out game plan for Indy next weekend...will not be cheap.

Go Zags. Tony Homo and Coach Garrett cheering for Duke makes me hate the Cowboys even more.

Will be a long week...but kind of need it after last night. They need to psyche up for Wisky.

It appears Duke will either score or get free throws on every trip from here on out.
ohwell.r191677.gif

Indy has a fantastic setup. The downtown area is really nice and there are tons of hotels, restaurants and bars surrounding Lucas Oil.

Plus, it's 2 hours away.

Important note: UK is now only one Final Four short of the Carolina's vaunted number of 18.

Another fun fact (one that the vast majority of you don't care about): By making the Elite 8 this year, "powerhouse" Gonzaga has now managed to match Xavier's tournament success since 1999.
This post was edited on 3/29 7:05 PM by ukcats2008

Originally posted by IsRichieGonnaStart:
Indy has a fantastic setup. The downtown area is really nice and there are tons of hotels, restaurants and bars surrounding Lucas Oil.

Plus, it's 2 hours away.
It is a great setup but I think we're going to see epic prices on tickets and hotels. Packages right now are getting gobbled up and they're minimum 3k per person, most are more than that. Going to be an expensive ass weekend if you can even find a room to sleep in.

Tix are ridiculous right now. The worst seats are going around $800 each up in the 600 section.

We're going to have to earn this MFer- Elite 8 classic, F4 game against the #1 contender and then Duke on Monday night.

Wiltjer in end of the 2013 season form in the second half there. Missing bunnies and free throws and getting abused in defense. He totally nailed that jumper after the whistle though.

So...at the risk of setting off some folks, family wants to make some reservations for dinner in Indy Sunday.

Recs?

Everybody is going to say St. Elmos, but I'd just get a shrimp cocktail and a drink at the upstairs bar or at its sister restaurant, Harry and Izzys.

Bluebeard

This post was edited on 3/29 8:17 PM by Mossip

Welp, if the Cats can do it, nobody can say we didn't earn it, or got an easy road. Will have to beat the #3 and #4 preseason teams, 2 other #1 seeds (ridiculous we are on Wisky's side), as well as what we've already done by beating 3 OMG ACC! teams this year including the ACC Champ and Runner Up, as well as 3 OMG BEST CONFERENCE EVER B12 teams including the regular season champ by 32.

Looking forward to all the articles decrying the one and done culture vs virtuous teams that have 3 and 4 year guys that will be written about the Duke MSU game. K ruining college basketball with his mercenaries Okafor and Whitlow and the like.

Originally posted by anthonys735:

Originally posted by IsRichieGonnaStart:

Plus, it's 2 hours away.
It is a great setup but I think we're going to see epic prices on tickets and hotels. Packages right now are getting gobbled up and they're minimum 3k per person, most are more than that. Going to be an expensive ass weekend if you can even find a room to sleep in.
This is what I was getting at in the first place, and would have said it this way if I had cared that pti would get so butthurt.

Originally posted by Dennis Reynolds:
Welp, if the Cats can do it, nobody can say we didn't earn it, or got an easy road.
Oh they'll say it all right... Although they will ignore our preseason and NCAA tournament results...

They'll latch on to the weakness of the SEC and say our undefeated title season was watered down and not worthy of praise...

That is what they will do.... Anything they can do to marginalize our success... That's all they have. That and the "it'll be vacated 3 years down the road anyways" excuse.

This post was edited on 3/29 9:40 PM by Kramer318

Love this Vine of A-Aron's big 3 late in the game..

Watch Ulis telling him to shoot it by pointing to the basket, the launch and the pure swish sound of the net, Ulis fist pumps emphatically, and the announcer going nuts...

https://vine.co/v/OL7z2qz1YbM

Rewatched the game last night...feeling better about it. Writing it off as "our impressive will to win" as opposed to straight dickfingering.

Originally posted by Mossip:

Younce, who is disabled and cannot work, regularly travels to watch the Cats. He attended 19 UK home games this season with his wife - making the 3 1/2-hour drive from their home to Lexington.

sick.r191677.gif
What a POS.

Think i'm heading to Louisville on Friday, then Indy Saturday morning. I'll probably head back to see Family for Easter in Louisville, then back to Indianapolis Monday (hopefully). Feel more justified in going if i can parlay it into a family trip.

Still havent been to a Final Four that we've played in, though i've made a couple of others where we were upset earlier. In 2012 my grandmother passed away unexpectedly as we were loading up the car for New Orleans (my dad still went to the game- wasnt his mother though)- and last year I just didnt believe the whole thing was even real.

Oh that isnt even the most outrageous of the things that show said this morn during my brief listening just for schadenfreude sake.

Greatest overachieving season ever, Pitino wont ever allow the program to slip to an NIT season unlike some other coaches around here, set up for a brilliant spectacular future in the years to come, the sky is the limit with Q and Mangock and Aaron leading the team next season along with a couple of 5th year senior transfers to be named later. Oh and of course Deener leading the charge to convince Rozier leaving would be the dumbest decision in the history of mankind.

L1C4!

Lots of shattered confidence this weekend. First, you had multiple WVU players calling their shot -- putting an end to Kentucky's perfect season. Then, you had Mike Brey bumping his gums about the same prediction. If form holds, I half expect Bo Ryan or Sam Dekker to walk into Barry Alvarez's office this morning and drop that new thing they've been working on...

....A GLOW....IN THE DARK.....CAT HAT.

bo ryan = its dark, so i cant see your face.
barry alvarez = its not good.

I thought the 5th year senior transfer thing just got put to an end?

-Last thing I would be doing on a day like today is thinking about UL much less listening to their radio shows.

-What a weekend. Cleveland gets a bad rap. I suppose b/c of the just shit weather but it's not a bad town. The locals are some of the most genuinely nice and friendly people I've met. Literally everyone. Food was really solid. Couple good little bar scenes. No desire to really go back but I feel bad for my endless jokes about the city.

-Was an emotional train wreck during the game. Can I please get a normal close game then 10 pt cruise on Saturday? TIA

-Towns vs Frank, WCS vs Dekker, Lyles vs Hayes... Thoughts?

I think we just go right at Frank, as I'm sure they'll go right at Towns, and get him on the bench.

They essentially have one man coming off the bench right now, with Jackson being day-to-day, though he may get more minutes Saturday. That's a lot for Dekker and Kaminsky to endure.

I dont think we'll see Wisconsin beat themselves at all- they wont turn it over much and they possess the ball really well- so it comes down to a team having to make a lot of shots again. We got carved up by Notre Dame but they still only made 4 three's. Wisonsin's guards seem like a better matchup for us- so if they make a dozen 3's again- tip your cap I guess. Just think it will be more difficult for them with our size.

Actually thought Cleveland was kinda cool, several cool little neighborhoods packed with restaurants & bars.

What was weird was the overall lack of people. The UK bars & immediate areas around the Arena were slammed as tip approached, but other than that, it's like a ghost town for the most part...can't imagine what it's like when there isn't an event going on.

Half the bars in that 4th St Alley were doing last call at like midnight, before our WVU game even let out, when there would be hoards of people heading back for a few celebration drinks.
confused0013.r191677.gif

I'd love to have WCS on Frank to keep Towns out of the inevitable foul trouble, but we have no one else to match up with Dekker. Would be nice to have Poythress for that one.

Otherwise agree, pretty much have to go that way.

Also hope we see a little more Dakari and Lee, just to mix up who we throw at Kaminsky here and there.

I'd also much prefer if we didn't have Dakari guarding their PG on the perimeter.

Dekker is my one fear. Would be nice to have Poythress to put on him.

Kaminsky is going to score, but he's not sniffing 20 points against UK. He will however flop his way to Towns getting at least two offensive fouls. Mortal lock.

Hope Saturday was the one and only game where nerves really show themselves. We play confidently the entire game we win against Wisconsin. Not saying it will be a blowout, but can see a "comfortable" 6-8 point win. Comfortable is a relative term as I will be a mess the entire time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT