ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Re: GYER38-0

-I remember Deb Bean saying something during pre-game party at Walk-Ons in 2012 about being sad it was the last time we saw all those guys together. I told her not to think about it, just focus on the game.

And now I'm thinking about it already for these guys, with this team, and this season. I keep trying to not get nervous, but I can't help it.

-The weather looks great for the most part, but the rain and the middling temps, cool nights, etc. are making me over pack (surprise, surprise).

-Richie, I got that email as well. It seems a tad expensive, but there will certainly be more space at Victory Field than Tin Roof. And if it's nice weather, it's good to be outside.

-
eek.r191677.gif

1996 team had 2 tough games in the Final Four. So did 2012, to a lesser extent, but the Louisville game wasn't fun.

Just the way it is. You have to grind through these games.

Originally posted by B.B.d.K.:
Considering the overall 'experience' level of Todd's kids, I'm guessing they go with the Shrimp Cocktail, Filet w/ truffle butter, and probably some Mac N Cheese, b/c they are still kids you know.

And a virgin Old Fashioned.
Lol. I didn't see this until I responded to Brooks but spot on. Haha. Awesome Wodie.

Yep, nailed it.
smokin.r191677.gif

laugh.r191677.gif
at some UK fan digging up a Kaminsky "I hate Kentucky" tweet from his Sr. year in High School. To his credit, he's having fun with it and was actually "impressed"

#youpeoplearecrazy

- April's always weird to me. My head is still full into college basketball. I don't really transition to Spring and baseball until May.

- UMass was tough, but I don't consider Syracuse a tough game for a Final 4. I consider tough tournament games ones in which we almost lose, where there's a real sense of fear that we're going to drop it late into crunchtime.

I hate Bo Ryan as much as I hate any coach not named Rick Pitino, but I can't hate on Big Frank too much. That dance in the promos is hilarious. Reminds me of one of my goofy buds I grew up with.

Spring is what it is, but I really love that post-Derby/pre-Memorial Day period where summer is starting to settle in. Just the right amount of humidity, leaves are fully mature, long days, schools are letting out, pools opening... Just a glorious few weeks IMO.

Originally posted by wcc31:
I hate Bo Ryan as much as I hate any coach not named Rick Pitino, but I can't hate on Big Frank too much. That dance in the promos is hilarious. Reminds me of one of my goofy buds I grew up with.
I'm actually the opposite. Bo Ryan doesn't get under my skin as much as most on here, but Kaminsky is a bitch of the highest order. He's a flopping, foul-whining, goofy-ass c*nt. He's everything I despise about what modern college basketball has become, personified.

I want to "Daxter" him on Saturday night.

Originally posted by wcc31:
His Dad looks like a prick so I'm going with that.

First time building.
Last time building.

Just too much stress on top of your normal gig. Plus dealing with mortgage companies is enough to want to punch someone.

laugh.r191677.gif

In a recent interview on The Dan Patrick Show, Pelicans power forward Anthony Davis was asked if there was one player in the NBA he would like to posterize more so than the rest and his answer may have been a bit of a surprise as he immediately replied, "DeMarcus."
"DeMarcus. He just thinks that I can't dunk on him, he told me you would never dunk on me. When I catch him he going to hear about it for the rest of his life. For sure."[/I]

So apparently the Texas AD is awful to work for and may effect Shaka taking that job.

Wow to Wichita keeping Marshall. Good for them.

If Bama picks Richard Pitino then that's on him. I think Steve Prohm is a much better choice and he knows the South.

I'm not certain that Richard would mesh well with some of those lunatics around the Alabama athletic department

Not sure what Richard has done to be considered for the Bama job. Other than his last name.

UMASS had already beaten us and had the best player in the country. Syracuse was on a roll but was more like the Kansas team we played in 2012. However, that UMASS game was certainly comparable and probably even tougher than what we have coming.

What a year for college basketball players:

Iverson
Kittles
Wallace
Delk/Walker/Mercer
Camby
Shareef
Mabury
Allen

* UT spring football, new basketball coach in Knoxville and the topic today "would you root for UK to run the table if it meant getting him out of college basketball" haters tears and such FTW

* never understood how some people can't watch ends of games, etc. I'm a wreck but I could never ever ever turn away and hope it works out. A college buddy swears (false) he's never seen the Laettner shot actually go through the hoop. I get wanting to be alone, etc but to turn away from the game is
alien.r191677.gif
To me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT