ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Re: GYER38-0

Damn, Ashley. Let's dial it down just a little.

CBPDMXAUcAANii0.jpg

Ashley also thought we might go to WCS on the last possession.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

I don't care for her one way or another, I just hate when the "face" of our fanbase speaks like she doesn't even understand how the sport works

Rewatching now. That Auguste put back in the 2nd was the most obvious offensive goal tending EVER. Like, blatant. Wish we had the UCLA/SMU refs. Was clearly above the cylinder and probably would have dropped on its own.

Next trip down the court, Booker was HAMMERED on his jumpshot - no call.

A few plays later, Connagarble is able to dunk without dribbling inside the 3 point line. 3 BIG STEPS. Massive walk. No call, of course, because GO IRISH!!

I guess we are lucky we got Andrew's block call and no BS foul on Grant's 3 attempt. I guess the refs didn't want overtime since we weren't going to cover.

In short, as usual, and in my typical biased fashion - the refs were shit.

Did last night really happen? Is this real life? 4 out of the last 5 years in a Final Four. Undefeated season only 2 games away... Shew wee... This is some kind of ride.

This post was edited on 3/29 8:18 AM by Kramer318

Originally posted by TransyCat09:
Ashley also thought we might go to WCS on the last possession.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

I don't care for her one way or another, I just hate when the "face" of our fanbase speaks like she doesn't even understand how the sport works
Actually Cal did say in his post-game that the second option was for Willie over the top if Andrew didn't have what he needed.

That said, I'm sick of seeing her. Glad she's a fan, but there are plenty of bubbas out there are as big of fans, if not bigger. Tired of seeing her face every game and tired of her acting like a horny teenage girl around the players.

My biggest problem with Ashley is that she's in her late 40s and jumping in players arms, practicing yoga moves, filming bullshit videos in bed, etc.

And where were you during the season???

Tony Delk isn't walking through that door Ashley. Grow up.

Kept dreaming we lost last night. Woke up this morning and it took me a solid minute or two before I remembered we won. I have never been more convinced that we were losing a game than I was after Connaughton ran a marathon down the lane and hung on the rim like he was about to swing to another tree.

Got up and left my house, paced around the neighborhood until about the 5 minute mark. Spent most of those minutes trying to reassess my life and come to grips with just how f*cked up I am that a college basketball game was making more more nervous and anxious than any moment of my life.

I'm glad our players held it together better than I ever could have. Undefeated is just too much for me. I think I would have quit sports if we had lost.

Spent most of those minutes trying to reassess my life and come to grips with just how f*cked up I am that a college basketball game was making more more nervous and anxious than any moment of my life.
laugh.r191677.gif

Youre not alone bud. I know many people that need to reassess after last night. Including myself.

Originally posted by assistbyhawkins:

Spent most of those minutes trying to reassess my life and come to grips with just how f*cked up I am that a college basketball game was making more more nervous and anxious than any moment of my life.
laugh.r191677.gif

Youre not alone bud. I know many people that need to reassess after last night. Including myself.
Sprots, fellas.

Kentucky basketball is the only team I have left where there's a glimmer of hope that Lucy won't yank the football away, which is ironic because Kentucky football is a lifetime of that moment on a loop. It's way less stressful for me to support the Vikings and the Knicks because the other shoe never fails to drop, so I know it's coming every time. It's easier to handle.

I want to get that way about Kentucky because I'd be healthier and my hair would stop going so gray at age 29, but I can't do it, and it's making me miserable.

Originally posted by GrandePdre:

Originally posted by BlueKel:

*We knew this was the worse matchup in the tourney for us. Obviously emphasized guarding the 3's, but at the expense of way too much easy stuff at the rim. Layup, layup, layup.
I've got news for you. Wisconsin is better. They were damn impressive tonight, made 10 threes, and hung 55 points in the 2nd half on Arizona. Tonight was an unreal battle. Next Saturday night will be another all-out war.
Difference is that ND's guards are better than Wisky's. If UK doesn't fall prey to the bigs being pulled out front and blistering the nets, we should be fine.

Originally posted by Joey Rupption:
Who gives a shit about UofL message boards right now?

Tyler Ulis thinks you're a "cry baby."
Agreed.

Lmao yea men I almost quit sports too. is ashamed of myself. Ate 3 plates at frischees this morning. Imagine if we had lost!!! Told my waitress I prolly woulda just ended it right there in a big ol vat of gravy!!! LOL need to reacess too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SPOTS???!!!

- We didn't go to the Final 4 for 13 years. It was an awful drought. Now, we've been to 4 in 5 years. What a wonderful thing.

- Everyone bitches about charge calls...until UK draws a block. Haha. That wasn't even close.

- All year this team has clutched up on both sides. Guess we shouldn't be surprised. The Harrison boys are coldblooded.

- Needed to get out of the house, was finally feeling better, only my usual game-watching situation had moved locals. Decided to hit Tin Roof with other friends. Not the best idea but it's a UK crowd and we had great seats. Lasted until the 13 in mark in 2H and I ghosted and jumped in a cab for the home stretch. I don't know how I would have handled the last 5 in public.

For all the talk of UK not being battle-tested in tight, late-game situations, it sure looked like it was Notre Dame who had the case of tight buttholes in the end.

Watching the game again. Elmore and Webber were damn near giddy at the thought of UK losing. Thank God we'll finally have a professional crew next week ... I hope.

Certain plays to me are like litmus tests for whether certain fans know what the hell they're talking about or not. When UK gets a call, I try to pass those tests by admitting we caught a break.

That said, Andrew's block call at the end is like that for opposing fans. There's no planet on which that is maybe sort of a charge. Period. The initial slide was late... and then he adjusted his position even later. Anyone I've seen trying to claim that was a charge (like Deener) has been written off immediately in my mind. Litmus test for objectivity.

And by the way, gutsy call by the ref. They took some shit from us last night and deservedly so, but it takes balls to blow the whistle at the end like that, but absolutely should've been called.

-But THEY played in the ACC!!!

-Elmore and Webber can eat one.

-73 nailed my thoughts about Ashley. That, and the fact that she shows up on camera spazzing out and making an ass of herself, even in the most benign moments of games, while everyone else around her is calm. Um, overact much? Settle down, Beavis (/no606).

-Indy Final Fours are the Clown Car Amateur Hour of Final Fours. Every tool in the shed shows up, like the F'ing Clampetts. It's much better with a travel barrier, something that requires planning, and not just an impulse. Give me SA or NOLA or ATL. Even PHX or "North Texas" or Houston .

Originally posted by Lexie's Dad:
Originally posted by UK_Memphis:
I don't know what ref called the block but Joe DeRosa is a Paducah boy.
wink.r191677.gif
Did he have a son that went to Lone Oak (Class of '89) or am I mis-remembering a name?
I think probably Mis-remembering. I don't think he is old enough to have a kid our age. Ahhhhh.....you are thinking DeRose. Sister was my age and brother was 89.

Originally posted by Century Cat:

-Indy Final Fours are the Clown Car Amateur Hour of Final Fours. Every tool in the shed shows up, like the F'ing Clampetts. It's much better with a travel barrier, something that requires planning, and not just an impulse. Give me SA or NOLA or ATL. Even PHX or "North Texas" or Houston .
Go root for Louisville, you snotty fag.

Originally posted by Century Cat:

Come on Centch. You know that the SECT crowds are thought of as the best all year. And those are the Clampetts for sure.

* How many bad offensive fouls does KAT pick-up? Goodness
sick.r191677.gif
Dude was hit twice last night just trying to post-up, and both times, nobody in the arena knew WTF the ref was calling. Meanwhile, refs get angry when somebody gets in Okafor's protective bubble.

* That 2nd half tho....
eek.r191677.gif
Don't believe Brey's excuse that the one time he tried to double-team KAT resulted in UK hitting a 3, so he went away from it. There's really no excuse to not force somebody else to beat you.

* Is swinging on the rim a tech or nah?

* Bricker/Banker.

* ND's 2nd to last possession was a nightmare. With so many weapons on offense, don't see any reason not to go 2-for-1 in that situation.

* The block call ---->
party0006.r191677.gif
Glad to see a ref not get conned into calling a charge in the biggest call of the game. Dude nailed it, too. Lit a prayer candle for Drew Deener (and UL fans, and IU fans, and Duke fans, and UNC fans, and.....).

* This run is unhealthy for my well-being. In-laws in town, and mother-in-law wanted me to give her a play-by-play explanation of what was going on. 37" TV in the bedroom saved my marriage....except for punching the floor a few times
ashamed0003.r191677.gif

* This thread needs more werepecker.

Was shockingly calm. Kept telling myself if KY was within 5-6 with 3 minutes left Aaron was going to hit the crucial shot needed to get the team to the finish line. Felt the pressure of the moment would get to ND. ND played an incredible game. Some of KY's struggles were because of ND. That said, I just feel this is a team of destiny. The WI game will be another heart pounder but this KY team has another gear that nobody else has.

Brey made a couple crucial errors late. Had an easy 2 for 1 situation under a minute and did not do it and he called his last timeout after the shot clock violation. Had he had one left obviously he could have set up a better play or called it at half court and had a better look or possible foul.

That pass from Towns to Booker should be on sports science. Threw it with two hands from the free throw line to past the other free throw line. It wasn't one handed or over the head, it was from the waist and it was a bullet.

Willie ran the floor with Grant on that last play and didn't let him get to the middle of the floor but if you watch the replay it was Andrew who jumped up and made Grant alter his shot. He would have gotten off a normal desperation shot but had to move the ball to his right just ever so slightly to avoid Andrew's hand.

Great block by Willie in that late possession. Kind of reminiscent of Davis' on Henson.

Lyles had some awful turnovers and missed some shots he's been making but he had a few big plays as well with the miss free throw put back and the tip at the buzzer ending the first half.

HUGE 3 by Ulis. Also love his point to shoot when he passed to Aaron for that 3 kind of reminded me of Andrew telling Aaron to shoot it against Wisconsin last year.

Would be nice to see MSU and the Zags advance.

Guess we will see Stein on Dekker.
This post was edited on 3/29 1:58 PM by cawoodsct

GFY, Century.

What a freaking ballgame.

Did we win?

Man to Man.

Kentucky - Wisconsin should be for the title. This kinda sucks.

Heart was racing after the game last night.

Indy -- see you in a few days.

Has any team in any major sport ever been 38-0? Are we the first 38-0 team of any kind in history?

UConn women have gone 40-0, and gone 39-0 several times.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, you said "sports". In that case, not that I'm aware of.

Originally posted by Beavis606:
Where's the best place to get vittles in Indy?

CBRekXUU0AA2LP6.jpg:large
Younce, who is disabled and cannot work, regularly travels to watch the Cats. He attended 19 UK home games this season with his wife - making the 3 1/2-hour drive from their home to Lexington.

sick.r191677.gif

Was thinking about this and how good our team is...

With the game on the line, Cal didn't go to the guy who had 25 or the the most clutch kid in UK basketball history. He went with Andrew on the drive with the option to throw the lob to WCS.

That dude may want to lay low for a while. Not just because he's a total embarrassment, but if he's truly "disabled" he sure doesn't seem to have trouble traveling or sitting in a car for a prolonged period of time. Sounds pretty able bodied to me.

^Dude can ride 3 1/2 hours each way and then probably sets up in the rafters for 2 hours or so, but is disabled and can't work. Nice.

Originally posted by UKswimmer875:
That dude may want to lay low for a while. Not just because he's a total embarrassment, but if he's truly "disabled" he sure doesn't seem to have trouble traveling or sitting in a car for a prolonged period of time. Sounds pretty able bodied to me.
Dude probably does this.

B-tUI12W4AIufoa.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT