ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, you can be a fan on here just don't be too passionate.....

Feb 16, 2024
Maybe if you all were a part of the UK experience from 96 to 2001 you would love it as much as I do. Maybe if you got to celebrate two titles while you went to school you love it as much as I do. Maybe if you got to party with Coach Pope and that team and the entirety of Lexington after they won you would like coach as much as I do and understand the true potential of the bloodline.

Maybe you have some valid points, but your delivery is all wrong and you're far too braggadocios and confrontational. Tone it down, work on your posts and maybe you won't get so much push back.
Lol yep I forgot you can't go hard and be honest these days. Anyone reading would be able to quickly figure out I'm a big fan not happy with the results.
Yes, delivery went wrong when people did not observe where I clearly separated the bad attitude from the low effort and assumed I was trashing the whole team.
Again as you said, all in the initial presentation.
They'll be ok

Be passionate, but don't be this guy...

ec1d5adb-5ed9-4f6e-ad0a-2f524345a179_text.gif

Maybe if you all were a part of the UK experience from 96 to 2001 you would love it as much as I do. Maybe if you got to celebrate two titles while you went to school you love it as much as I do. Maybe if you got to party with Coach Pope and that team and the entirety of Lexington after they won you would like coach as much as I do and understand the true potential of the bloodline.
And maybe, just maybe, you weren’t in school in 78 to witness that championship year and have delighted in the three that followed.

As a Kentucky fan, one should refrain from attempting to lord over others that your passion is unmatched because there are always fans who can lay claim to a fandom that exceeds your own in longevity and experience.

The OP sounds like the guy who goes into the local VFW hall and starts bragging, "I was there when it all when down in Grenada!" while the guy who was at Khe Sanh and the guy who survived the Chosin Reservoir look away with embarrassment that they served in the same branch of the military with the guy.

Lol yep I forgot you can't go hard and be honest these days. Anyone reading would be able to quickly figure out I'm a big fan not happy with the results.
Yes, delivery went wrong when people did not observe where I clearly separated the bad attitude from the low effort and assumed I was trashing the whole team.
Again as you said, all in the initial presentation.
They'll be ok
I have no idea who you are or what you’re talking about.

Reactions: susan2361
Maybe you have some valid points, but your delivery is all wrong and you're far too braggadocios and confrontational. Tone it down, work on your posts and maybe you won't get so much push back.
Shark Tank Writing GIF

The OP sounds like the guy who goes into the local VFW hall and starts bragging, "I was there when it all when down in Grenada!" while the guy who was at Khe Sanh and the guy who survived the Chosin Reservoir look away with embarrassment that they served in the same branch of the military with the guy.
There I was... The only thing between me and that G**k was my trusty P-38. Boy, me and my trusty ole John Wayne had really seen some sh*t. I knew only one of us was going home that day....

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Maybe your little story is nothing special and what you really want is not to express your passion shared with millions but rather impunity to act a damn fool.

I may well have been lugging the keg you were drinking that night in 96.

Nothing cooler than the “I’m a better fan than you are” guy.

Congrats OP…. Here’s that attention you asked for!

And maybe, just maybe, you weren’t in school in 78 to witness that championship year and have delighted in the three that followed.

As a Kentucky fan, one should refrain from attempting to lord over others that your passion is unmatched because there are always fans who can lay claim to a fandom that exceeds your own in longevity and experience.
Every word is right brother let me go find my several posts before where I said the 78 team was my all-time favorite because of their front line and the way they cut Duke's throat and drank their blood. No argument here, and jealous you were there. The 78 cats, indeed, and I'm definitely above noone, just really lucky to have celebrated that much.

Maybe your little story is nothing special and what you really want is not to express your passion shared with millions but rather impunity to act a damn fool.

I may well have been lugging the keg you were drinking that night in 96.
Lmao were you in-between aylesford and woodland? You might be right, do you remember in the house across the street where we had to bring a bunch of people in that got pepper sprayed by the cops

I thought there was no I in team.😉

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
I love UK, been a fan since 1976 when I was 8, and my fondest time period was from 1989 to 1999. A great period for UK basketball. I was in Rupp the night Pitinos Bombinos took on Shaq and LSU....loudest I've ever heard Rupp, it was something else. We won as Reggie Hanson took down Shaq. Just the start of a glorious period.

Every word is right brother let me go find my several posts before where I said the 78 team was my all-time favorite because of their front line and the way they cut Duke's throat and drank their blood. No argument here, and jealous you were there. The 78 cats, indeed, and I'm definitely above noone, just really lucky to have celebrated that much.
We’re cool. All the best!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT