ADVERTISEMENT

Gyero- Derby week

PTIptiAvatar_zpswpw8al2x.jpg

Use it asshole.

Donovan is a strange dude in many ways. Hard to deny someone being a great coach when they've got 4 Final Fours, 3 championship games, and won two titles. Hell, he's been to the Elite Eight or beyond 6 of the past 10 seasons.

But, he turned us down. He had that weird job situation with Orlando. And so many crappy seasons or flame outs. Not counting his first two seasons - give a pass for rebuilding. He's had a year with a losing record, 2 NIT seasons, 3 NCAA first round losses, 3 second round losses (note: "real" first and second round, not the NCAA renaming bullshit).. So in the past 17 years, he's had 9 seasons that totaled a combined 3 NCAA tourney wins. PLUS, all the success mentioned first.

But, 10 of 19 seasons with 6 or more SEC losses. 15 of 19 years with 8 or more total losses. 8 of 19 years with double digit losses.

It's a weird, weird resume for sure.

hes also the 2nd-best coach in the history of the sec.

thats gotta count for something.

And now Jaylen Brown's 247 Crystal Ball is swinging back toward Michigan, with Little Bozich flipping his pick from UK to UM.
And now midday Little Bozich flips from UM to UK

ol boy has his wet finger up in the air and is sensitive to the way the winds are blowing

well, whatever these guys are doing is obviously working, because you limp richards are following their every move.

eek! joe sportsdouche just moved us up to 47%, all the way from 38.6 this morning!! at lunch yesterday, we were at 41%, and moved to 43% overnight, before falling back down around breakfast!!!

What's GYERO conventional wisdom on trying Uber to/fro HOF CHD tomorrow? Anyone use it today? Good call or would I get pumped?

Know it's going to cost a lot but I'm a Paddock so no big deal, more concerned about getting stuck down there as that era is over for me...

Can't wait for the impending "preseason top 5" if he comes vs "wow, 2013 all over again" if he doesn't. Potentially our 3rd best recruit will be the difference between another FF and a first round CBI loss, per many superfans.

They catch a lot of shit (and rightfully so) just because they're the Bengals, but taking an O-lineman was not a bad move. Whitworth and Smith are two of the better tackles in the league and they're both going to be free agents next year. The dude was apparently one of the better tackles in the country last year before the injury. He might not play this year, but they won't need him to.

My nuts are pretty sore from this constant kicking... Next season is gonna be one hell of an uphill battle.

If we don't get Murray, we're hurting. Sure, we'll be top 10, but UofL was top 10 last year & they had no chance in hell of winning it all.

Football school.

Yeah, next year will definitely suck if we are only a top 10/Elite 8 team. I'd rather just not even watch if that's our ceiling

So Jaylen Brown follows in the footsteps of Shareef Abdur-Rahim, going from Wheeler High School in Marietta GA to college at Cal.

I rarely if ever pop in a Gyero thread, but speaking of things Kentucky pretty sure it's one. Yea, the Derby is a birth right for native Kentuckians, and something we should all do at least once. I did 4, all 4 years I was at UK. Never had the grandstand experience, just the infield. My best memory is my junior year when I'd been a regular at Keeneland. I knew a horse in the 8th race that went off at 9-1. I put everything I had on him. He fell coming down the home stretch about 4 lengths ahead. WTF, how does that happen? I had to borrow $2 from a friend to make a Derby bet on Affirmed who I believe is still the last Triple Crown winner.

But Secretariat is the greatest thoroughbred which ever lived!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT