Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gossie21

All-American
Jan 24, 2005
gossie21
PG: Tony Parker (Backups Reggie Jackson & Dante Exum
SG: Andrew Wiggins (Backups Tony Allen, Jodie Meeks, & Dante Exum)
SF: Kevin Durant (Backups Andrew Wiggins and Lance Stephenson)
PF: Zach Randolph (Backup Aaron Gordon)
C: Karl Towns (Backup Omer Asik)

Lukasz Obrzut
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Elfrid Payton, Deron Williams
SG: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Eric Gordon
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Chandler Parsons
PF: Lamarcus Aldridge, Kenneth Faried, Donatas Motiejunas
C: Steven Adams, Alex Len

Boy that's a tough one. Somehow you both ended up with only a few guys who can shoot it, but have about 10 players I like.

Oddly enough, both teams would be much better if you could trade that depth for upgrades in the starting lineup. I'll wait and hear how the arguments go. I'm open to being swayed either way.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
I absolutely love Kawhi. He's probably still the most underrated player in the NBA somehow and he's the best defender too. But if Durant comes back healthy to go along with the potential of KAT gossie will be hard to beat.

It'll ultimately be left up to the coach to mix & match to get the best out of each squad but I love the way I can play against any lineup & how teams will have to adjust to my style of play-- up tempo. This team is the definition of being built to win now & 5 years down the road. We have players playing critical roles on their teams at young ages!

I've got depth at every position, players that have proved themselves in the NBA.
My players are all so versatile & can run out so many lineups. Overall, I have got a strong team in defense and offense efficiencies.

I want to highlight a few players --

Defense led by Leonard, Bledsoe, Payton on the perimeter with an improving 20 year 6'11 guard in the Greek Freak. My front court includes two young C's that are "bulls" with excellent work ethics. Rim protectors and aggressive are what I'm looking for & that can already provide that at age 21 & 22 respectively.

Kenneth Faried is the definition of my team. I need spark plugs, guys that give it their all every game. I put Faried in that category. He's came a long ways & while last yr doesn't necessarily show a lot has to do with the coaching staff in DEN. Faried proved to be one of the best with Team USA! Very underrated and fits the mold of my team very well

Motiejunas is the best post player on the Houston Rockets and quite possibly the entire NBA. The kid has moves thanks to the great Hakeem Olajuwon. At 7 foot another mismatch nightmare capable of knocking down the outside shot as well. In article written in MAR Motiejunas, among players who have scored on 100 post ups points he had the highest average at 1 point per possession. HE had scored 225 pts on post plays which was 13th in the NBA. A large number came from hook shots, 106 field goals in fact making him #1 in the NBA for hook shots. Keep in mind the guy is only 24 yrs old

The Alphabet and Payton are apart of my youth movement. The upside on these two are ridiculous. Reports are coming out that Payton has already improved his jump shot in the offseason. Simply from his defense mentality and IQ for the game, I'm certain in his first year Payton has proven that his future is bright in the NBA. At 6'11, the Alphabet is simply a freak & at age 20 he's still growing into that body! Kid has some skills & is one of my favorite players in the NBA. I suggest you check him out if you've never heard of him.

Adams and Len are two upcoming big man that have proven to be rim protectors and aggressors on the court. Adams has improved his offensive game tremendously from his time at Pitt. They can not only contribute now as shown this season but like the Alphabet & Payton have huge upside 3-5 years down the road!

Parsons/Gordon-- These two seem like vets with this group but they're actually entering their prime in age.. Both at age 26 have shown great potential in being able to score the ball. EG shot the 3 ball at a crazy high rate 45% this season. Parsons has been one of the biggest sleepers in the NBA since he came into the league from UF and has been an all around player. He's going to be ask to fill a large role with Dallas next year. In a supposable down year he still averaged over 15 pts, 5 boards and 2 assist while playing alongside scorers in Dirk/Monta and the dreaded Rondo. Very efficient as well shooting 46% from the field and right at 38% from 3

3 year lineup

Eric Bledsoe (28) Payton (24) Williams (33)
Alphabet (23) Gordon (29)
Leonard (26) Parsons (29)
Aldridge (32) Motiejunas (27) Faried (28)
Adams (24) Len (25)

My team has a ton of depth & a ton of guys that can offer different things. All my guys will not only play a big role now, but, will have an impact 3 years down the road.I love this team now, 3 years from now & 5 years from now certainly doesn't look shabby either.

I went ahead and posted summary from the main thread.. but will post a bit later now that I have a matchup

For me, Gossie's team has no PG (Parker is done) and the identity of the team is that Z-Bo and Allen are badasses, but they're old. Durant's foot is scary, but for the sake of this thing we basically gotta assume he's fine.

The Durant/Wiggins/Towns trio could be nice, but by the time Wiggins and Towns are what they will eventually be, Randolph and Parker will be gone.

Lukasz has incredible wings/forwards but playing either of those centers is just wasting a lineup spot that could go to a more talented guy, and to have a lineup that can shoot well enough, he'll have to sacrifice some talent as well.

I think if they actually played, Lukasz's team wins, and there are more "he's a really good player" guys on his team, but Gossie has a more cohesive starting five aside from Parker being useless and the talent on his roster would actually be able to all play without being at the expense of each other.

For me, Gossie's team has no PG (Parker is done) and the identity of the team is that Z-Bo and Allen are badasses, but they're old. Durant's foot is scary, but for the sake of this thing we basically gotta assume he's fine.

The Durant/Wiggins/Towns trio could be nice, but by the time Wiggins and Towns are what they will eventually be, Randolph and Parker will be gone.

Lukasz has incredible wings/forwards but playing either of those centers is just wasting a lineup spot that could go to a more talented guy, and to have a lineup that can shoot well enough, he'll have to sacrifice some talent as well.

I think if they actually played, Lukasz's team wins, and there are more "he's a really good player" guys on his team, but Gossie has a more cohesive starting five aside from Parker being useless and the talent on his roster would actually be able to all play without being at the expense of each other.

When I put together a team I put it together with LMA playing a lot of minutes at the 5. I love him there and think that he poses a huge mismatch and can bring any big out of the paint. That's a huge point of emphasis in building my team with proven scorers and a lot of guys who have proved to be great penetrators to the rim.

If LMA isn't there, expect to see a lot Motiejunas. Motiejunas played the 5 for the Rockets this season & proved to be extremely effective. He's a 7 footer in his own right and has huge upside moving forward.

Aside from those two, I have Faried at the 4 in a small lineup or Leonard, Parsons, & the Alphabet being all interchangeable depending on the opposing lineup!

Overall I have many more options that are not just one dimensional players. These guys are young with very high upside. The team three years down the road is extremely dangerous and all the pieces are in place with DPOY and experience in the finals alongside 2nd team All NBA as my 1-2 punch to be contenders this year. Bledsoe as a 3rd option is very legit.

IDK how you can discredit both Adams/Len. At very young ages they have proven that the NBA is not too big of a stage for them. The stats don't lie. They are both great rim protectors and very capable of being physical with any opposing big. That can go a long ways. No one would've gave Adams a chance on the offensive end so early in his career. This past season he proved that when called upon he was very capable of playing a big role for OKC!

I hear you on Adams/Len, I just don't think either is better than LMA/Faried, so playing them takes away your best interior combo.

Of course, if you didn't have them, I'd probably say you had no true center for when LMA couldn't man the 5 spot lol. Like I said, I can't decide in this one.

I would must rather have the upside Len/Adams has showed as opposed to Exum.

i would must rather have them on my team than a player like Lance Stephenson who shot 37% from the field but thinks he's a top SG in the league.

I'm not sure how you can discredit Len or Adams without knocking Gordon some, he's a far less proven commodity in the NBA.

Gordon has already had foot problems as well.. Parker is aging and is not an elite PG anymore, he just wasn't the same player this past year. He would've been in more scrutiny if the Spurs were not reliant on such depth anyhow.

Reggie Jackson may of put up the stats but upon him getting acquired by DET a 10 game losing streak. Keep in mind before that trade DET had won 6 of the last 7.

Let me add that there's hardly no perimeter shooting now & not much in the future...

His team is less efficient on offense & not nearly as efficient on defense.

Last edited:
I hear you on Adams/Len, I just don't think either is better than LMA/Faried, so playing them takes away your best interior combo.

Of course, if you didn't have them, I'd probably say you had no true center for when LMA couldn't man the 5 spot lol. Like I said, I can't decide in this one.

I would much rather have them than an aging C on the tail end of their career. In today's game you don't need a C to play 35 minutes consistently. It's a nice luxury to have but it's not needed. Like i say, I feel they offer exactly what I need.. Aggressive defense, a bit of a rough house bull mentality. Sorta like that Mozgov role for the Cavs this year. Or a Bogut role for the Warriors.

Anyhow if neither improved any over the course of 5 years (which is highly unlikely after seeing their growth already), I feel like I'm still in good hands with my other young to mid aged players that others can't offer.

So what i see with Gossie team is this.. (5 years)

Parker-- 38 with all the mileage on him he may not even be in the league.
Wiggins--
Durant-- Foot Injury highly questionable in his health year to year
Randolph 38
Towns-- Rookie. Probably will be good. But still unproven

5 years-- So you're reliant on Jackson, Exum, Gordon (foot issues), Wiggins, Towns, Durant (foot) to be the face in the ideal scenario..

5 years-- Compared to Payton, Alphabet, Leonard, Parsons (31), EG (31), LMA only 34, Bledsoe, Len, Adams (both mid 20's, Faried, Motiejunas.. All these guys will still be playing & many on their upswings

Last edited:
Neither team can really shoot. I have @LukaszObrzut winning, because I like Kawhi and Giannis to neutralize Durant and Wiggins somewhat, and for Aldridge to be the difference.

It's a pretty close contest, for sure. I'm more sold on Payton than Exum. I wouldn't want a head case like Stephenson. It's those little things that tip the scale, imo.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
I hated to vote for either this early....I think these are the best two teams by a mile over all others.

Reactions: gossie21
I think Wiggins and Towns will be special together, and what's cool is we'll get to find out over time in Minnesota, and a healthy Durant and Z-Bo whew. Obrzut is better roster right now, but the future with Wiggins and Towns seems brighter to me.

Reactions: gossie21
I think Wiggins and Towns will be special together, and what's cool is we'll get to find out over time in Minnesota, and a healthy Durant and Z-Bo whew. Obrzut is better roster right now, but the future with Wiggins and Towns seems brighter to me.

In 5 years LMA could very well still be producing at a great clip.
Add in the fact that I have Faried/Motiejunas/Parsons/Bledsoe would all be hitting their stride
Leonard/Payton/Alphabet would be young and some of the best players in the league. Len/Adams are mid 20's

I've got a ton more potential for players to develop & not reliant on two players to be studs. Doesn't matter but gossie team has 3 players that won't even be on the roster & few more that role players at best.

I'm surprised this one isn't closer.

People see Durant/Wiggins/Towns & I guess look no further. People forget Wiggins basically played every minute for Minnesota this yr so his numbers were inflated

Give me LMA/Leonard/Bledsoe with my supporting cast and it wins every time. More defense, more offense, better chance at star power.. and much more likely to match any lineup out there with a big/small lineup.

gossie21
PG: Tony Parker (Backups Reggie Jackson & Dante Exum
SG: Andrew Wiggins (Backups Tony Allen, Jodie Meeks, & Dante Exum)
SF: Kevin Durant (Backups Andrew Wiggins and Lance Stephenson)
PF: Zach Randolph (Backup Aaron Gordon)
C: Karl Towns (Backup Omer Asik)

Lukasz Obrzut
PG: Eric Bledsoe, Elfrid Payton, Deron Williams
SG: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Eric Gordon
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Chandler Parsons
PF: Lamarcus Aldridge, Kenneth Faried, Donatas Motiejunas
C: Steven Adams, Alex Len

How to weigh the injury to Durant? I'm optimistic, and there are 2 other potential (unlikely, but potential) superstars on that roster. Going for Gossie21.

I really like Obrzut's team sans the center position - holy moly! Maybe the deepest set of forwards I've seen as you have 2 top 10 SFs (which seems to be the shallowest position in the NBA). Not in love with Giannis as a 2, but Kawhi can guard the Harden types and Giannis can easily defend 3s. Good depth at PG. I wonder about shooting, although having a floor spacing PF like Aldridge helps. I'd make Donatas the backup 4 and use Faried sparingly. Donatas is pretty solid and versatile. But those centers... I guess they're young and maybe have upside to be... decent.

For Gossie21, I love that you put Aaron Gordon at the 4, which is what he is in this new NBA we seem to be in. But you also have a bruiser. Nice to have options. Durant's injury is almost everything. If he's out, then I just don't see the shooting to survive. But if he's a top 5 NBA player, I think I like this team better. Helps to have such a high upside C and SG, although draft picks have a way of surprising.

i barely picked gossie last night. he loses first few years but has wiggins and towns. durant for five years then wiggins. you can't set that up any better as far as timing. it was real real close imo.

Congrats gossie! Best of luck moving forward man. Looks like your chances are good!
I have to admit I'm shocked at the margin. Your team was really [REALLY] good, and I hope you get the judges' save option.

I have been crazy busy at work so I didn't really get a chance to sit down and make an argument for my team. I'll do that to start off next round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT