ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Legends GM Draft Round 2: GonzoCat90 v Miracle7s

Which team would win a 7-game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GonzoCat90

All-American
Mar 30, 2009
Which of these teams do you believe would win a 7-game series?

GonzoCat90

PG Russell Westbrook
SG Vince Carter
SF Scottie Pippen
PF Charles Barkley
C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Bench: Giannis Antetekounmpo, Bob Lanier, Dave Cowens, Mo Cheeks, Joe Johnson, Blake Griffin, Gail Goodrich

Miracle7s

PG Jason Kidd
SG Earl Monroe
SF DR J
PF Tim Duncan
C Elvin Hayes

Bench: Dan Issel, Tony Parker, Mark Aguirre, Rashard Lewis, Ralph Sampson, Brad Daughtery, Dan Majerle

For the record, these lineups are just the way they are listed in round one, based on the order players were taken (your first five picks as starters).

GMs may change their lineups based on a particular matchup or to play a certain way.

This is fun, because you have the legendary Kareem/Hayes matchup, which of course favors Kareem.

Then I like Duncan over Barkley by quite a bit.

The contrasting styles of Pippen and Dr. J...I want to give the slightest of edges to Dr. J, but I’m not sure about that. I hesitate to use the word “even” because they are so different.

I like Miracle’s backcourt better, but Mo Cheeks and Gail Goodrich off the bench is strong.

Last edited:
I'd like for Miracle7s to have a chance to come state his case. If you haven't voted yet and you're on the fence, please wait until he weighs in. If you feel strongly one way or another, go ahead and vote.

This is fun, because you have the legendary Kareem/Hayes matchup, which of course favors Kareem.

Then I like Duncan over Barkley by quite a bit.

The contrasting styles of Pippen and Dr. J...I want to give the slightest of edges to Dr. J, but I’m not not sure about that. I hesitate to use the word “even” because they are so different.

I like Miracle’s backcourt better, but Mo Cheeks and Gail Goodrich off the bench is strong.

As much as I like his perimeter pieces, I don't know how they fit together. He needs a shooter somewhere. Especially with a team that will be post-dominated. Otherwise, trying to post two guys with no shooters is trying to win a rock-fight.

I'd love to watch Duncan try and chase Barkley, but I'd love to watch Barkley try and contest Duncan on the block.

I'd pay to watch prime Kidd vs Russ.

I’m going with Gonzo in a close one, especially since Miracle hasn’t shown up to defend his team. If I’m wrong, convince me.

That line-up you have for me is fine and what I would start. My argument for my team is that essentially I built a monster on the glass and defensive end. One thing people always tend to brush aside but is absolutely huge in the game of basketball is the glass. The possession doesn't end on defense until you have the rebound going the other way and vice versa offensively 2nd chance points galore when you control the glass.

Both of our teams are built on slashing and driving and I feel like I have the better team in that department. Kareem would be a load inside with the hook but I think Timmy D and Elvin slow him down a lot and I have Issel, Ralph Sampson, Brad Daughtery I can throw at him in a real game scenario to tire him out and he he has to contend with Issel being able to play inside out while Ralph is one of the few guys bigger than Kareem and he was a hell of a scorer in his own right.

Finally I think my biggest advantage in this game is the PG position. Russ is not the ideal set-up man for a guy like Kareem. Honestly Jason Kidd on his team would be nasty for the same reason he is on mine. He is ultimate team player and set up guy who also learned how to play without the ball and become a deadly 3 point shooter. Russ has to have the ball to effective. Most of the guys on his team also need the ball to be effective. I see it as a too many cooks in the kitchen scenario.

Reactions: Aike
I had a real hard time with this matchup. Almost ended up flipping a coin. Went with gonzo finally because of Kareem vs. Hayes in the post. Don't believe Elvin could contain him.

Sorry I went MIA yesterday. Someone told me I'd have summers off and they lied.

Good game, @miracle7s. always fun to matchup with a team that had a handful of guys you wanted to draft too.

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT