ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Draft Round 10 (UKNorse Champ)

Yeah but we also had a half-assed discussion about taking yesterday off that never really came to any conclusion.

If he's timed out independently of what we decided to do with the holiday, then skip him, but if half his time was technically yesterday, I say we wait on him.

Or if everyone else wants to skip him, go ahead. That's just my take on it.

I hate that this is a pick that has to be sold, but the per game averages crowd needs to understand.

This guy led the league last year (and wasn't far off the year before) in opponents FG% at the time.

He finished 9th (72%) in scoring around the rim on offense.

He finished 13th in offensive rebounding percentage.

He finished 5th among centers in perimeter defense (contesting 3s, team defense against 3s [32% with him on the floor], etc)

He was in the 90th percentile of defending spot up shooters.

He finished 15th in blocks, 15th in defensive box plus/minus, 9th in win shares per 48, and 25th in per.

And still, per 36, he averaged 18 points, 11 rebounds, 2.2 blocks and 1.1 steals and shot 59% from the field.

And he's still just 27 years old. 6'11, 260 with a 7'4 wingspan and ridiculous vertical leap.

Give me Derrick Favors, C.

I hate that this is a pick that has to be sold, but the per game averages crowd needs to understand.

This guy led the league last year (and wasn't far off the year before) in opponents FG% at the time.

He finished 9th (72%) in scoring around the rim on offense.

He finished 13th in offensive rebounding percentage.

He finished 5th among centers in perimeter defense (contesting 3s, team defense against 3s [32% with him on the floor], etc)

He was in the 90th percentile of defending spot up shooters.

He finished 15th in blocks, 15th in defensive box plus/minus, 9th in win shares per 48, and 25th in per.

And still, per 36, he averaged 18 points, 11 rebounds, 2.2 blocks and 1.1 steals and shot 59% from the field.

And he's still just 27 years old. 6'11, 260 with a 7'4 wingspan and ridiculous vertical leap.

Give me Derrick Favors, C.
Good pick. Very underrated player. Honestly, he's always been overshadowed by Cousins. Pretty sure they were in the same high school class.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Good pick. Very underrated player. Honestly, he's always been overshadowed by Cousins. Pretty sure they were in the same high school class.

And the last couple years he's played behind Gobert.

You can't play twin towers anymore, so he's been out of position and coming off the bench, but his talent and production and physical gifts are all there.

It's weird how timing plays a role in careers. Drafted a year or two earlier and he's possibly a perennial All Star for a different team.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It's funny someone would mention Murray. Because this guy finished with a higher PER, higher offensive win shares, overall win shares, true shooting percentage, and half the turnover rate all on the same team.

The only PG in the top 20 (he finished 3rd) in turnover rate.

A 5.1:1 assist/turnover ratio per 36.

A 41% 3 point shooter. 49% from the field.

Per 36: 16 points, nearly 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal.

The perfect efficient, creating, scoring young point guard who can either run my bench offense or plug in as a starter for small ball lineups and a guy who is perfect in exercises like this where there's talent across the board.

A 23 year old with playoff experience.

Give me Monte Morris, G.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It's funny someone would mention Murray. Because this guy finished with a higher PER, higher offensive win shares, overall win shares, true shooting percentage, and half the turnover rate all on the same team.

The perfect efficient, creating, scoring young point guard who can either run my bench offense or plug in as a starter for small ball lineups and a guy who is perfect in exercises like this where there's talent across the board.

Give me Monte Morris, G.
Solid pick. I have always liked him as a PG.

Give me Monte Morris, G.
Was really hoping I could get both Beasley and Morris, best backup backcourt in the league in my opinion. Darn you gonzocat, darn you.

I love these rounds. I'd go 14 if people were up for it. There's so many good/interesting/useful players left.

Reactions: Nkycatfan17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT