ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafter NBA legends draft round 1: Drcats2013 VS Hotelblue

Which team would win a 7 game NBA playoff series?

• Drcats2013

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Hotelblue

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you go back and look at the original thread, 2018 rules were never mentioned. It was just play a 7 game series.

When the draft was nearly over, some conversation came up about what rules apply. There are different schools of thought.

Some posters contended that modern rules apply, or at least that posters will view it that way.

I’m more of the school that you will feel however you feel about the teams and players and vote accordingly. I have no problem with the concept that generational talents would adapt to whatever era they played in.

But no, before we started drafting our teams, there was nothing about 2018 rules applying. The only rule was no Michael Jordan.

Got it. I was going by the first 3 threads I saw. The three point line being in seems obvious, and no one's been advocating otherwise. The big one is whether illegal defense is pre-2004 or post. Pre-2004 was about the low point of the NBA for watchability, so I would think most would say post-2004 (i.e. zone defenses are legal). Everything since has just been the game catching up to the rules: SSOL/PnR heavy offenses, Thibs-style strong side flooding, 4 or more shooters to counteract Thibs-type defenses, then switch-heavy to counteract that, and now maybe increased isolations after switches along with shooters.

Reactions: Aike
so you selecting our substitution patterns?

i’ve not been hostile, calling your matchups ludicrous/laughable is all i said.

still waiting for either of you to respond to what i’ve brought up.

I mean, that’s fair. However, I didn’t think injuries were to be taken into account in this draft. Could be wrong, though. Of course it’s complelty to the voters discretion what they penalize a team for. Me personally, injuries have had nothing to do with how I’ve been voting. I’m expecting the best from each player in each match up

I was just taking into account that Paul has trouble finishing big 7 games series, unfortunately for him.

you have no arguments and it’s a good strategy. sorry that offends you.

so comical that you called me a name yes.

if i seem uspset that no one wants to talk about the basketball/matchup things i put on the table what’s it to you? the only things touched on in this thread have been a error by me over a secondary player and i added an injury joke that is partially true. other than that this thread has been one person interpreting the rules and me arguing that’s not right. but i spent more time talking about the teams and the matchup. other threads that’s what they talk about but not here. we have someone that interprets our gameplan and a participant that doesn’t talk about his team or matchups ever.

so comical that you called me a name yes.

if i seem uspset that no one wants to talk about the basketball/matchup things i put on the table what’s it to you? the only things touched on in this thread have been a error by me over a secondary player and i added an injury joke that is partially true. other than that this thread has been one person interpreting the rules and me arguing that’s not right. but i spent more time talking about the teams and the matchup. other threads that’s what they talk about but not here. we have someone that interprets our gameplan and a participant that doesn’t talk about his team or matchups ever.
I did talk about my team. Gave two breakdowns. It was clearly enough, although I do agree with you that it doesn’t seem to matter what is said. I barely even read the breakdowns, myself. I just pick who I think is better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT