ADVERTISEMENT

Like UL sports, the hits just keep coming for Fayette County schools

Jun 2, 2005
https://www.kentucky.com/news/local...U_h9MD2VVPUhIltCdvznGwrFCl3xpXDhOtT5tXZo9piQw

Not surprised. And they want to increase our school taxes after mismanagement and getting millions in Covid relief money and not operating schools fully for almost a year (you would think expenses were down). Hopefully the new Superintendent comes on and cleans up the disaster of administration and school board for Fayette County Schools. Covid brought to the surface so many issues that have always been there.

Reactions: awf and 80 Proof
And they want to increase our school taxes
If you read the whole thing, it sounds like one guy wanted to do that and he’s gone. No board members are on board (pun) with it right now. CTFO. Just because money is available doesn’t mean you can just spend it on whatever. There are rules and laws for grants and things.

Also, LOL at “clean up … school board.” They’re elected officials. I’m not sure the first thing a new superintendent is going to do is just start terminating folks.

In April, White told school board members that despite getting the millions in federal COVID stimulus money, Fayette schools would ultimately face a future budget deficit if the school board doesn’t raise property taxes. The board has not committed to a higher rate. The stimulus money can not be used for daily district expenses and is earmarked only to ease problems caused by the coronavirus.”

You sure seem to have an ax to grind with the Fayette Co School System. You start a thread every time something negative happens there.
Yep! Fighting for the kids! Maybe FCPS should clean up their act, then I wouldn’t be able to post something negative. I’m just reporting facts. I have followed this past year pretty closely. Kids got dealt a bad hand..parents are no longer going to sit back and assume “it’s all about the kids”.

If you read the whole thing, it sounds like one guy wanted to do that and he’s gone. No board members are on board (pun) with it right now. CTFO. Just because money is available doesn’t mean you can just spend it on whatever. There are rules and laws for grants and things.

Also, LOL at “clean up … school board.” They’re elected officials. I’m not sure the first thing a new superintendent is going to do is just start terminating folks.

In April, White told school board members that despite getting the millions in federal COVID stimulus money, Fayette schools would ultimately face a future budget deficit if the school board doesn’t raise property taxes. The board has not committed to a higher rate. The stimulus money can not be used for daily district expenses and is earmarked only to ease problems caused by the coronavirus.”
I didn’t say the new superintendent could/should terminate school board..I know they are elected. But superintendent can take charge in board meetings, give direction, lead, etc. And yes, there are “rules” around the Covid money but point is if they manage that money and other money, I’m guessing things may look a little different. They don’t have a great track record on managing.

Reactions: awf
Yep! Fighting for the kids! Maybe FCPS should clean up their act, then I wouldn’t be able to post something negative. I’m just reporting facts. I have followed this past year pretty closely. Kids got dealt a bad hand..parents are no longer going to sit back and assume “it’s all about the kids”.
Do you go to the school board meetings and voice your opinions or just rely on posting them on Cats Illustrated to get changes made?

Do you go to the school board meetings and voice your opinions or just rely on posting them on Cats Illustrated to get changes made?
Yes this past year I became active in attending board meetings and learning much more about the system. Like many parents, prior to this year, we trusted it was about the kids. But as we have seen across the United States, that is not always the case. Do you attend board meetings?

Yes this past year I became active in attending board meetings and learning much more about the system. Like many parents, prior to this year, we trusted it was about the kids. But as we have seen across the United States, that is not always the case. Do you attend board meetings?
My kids do not attend school in Lexington so I have no reason to attend their meetings. Also having a wife that works for my local school system I probably know more about what goes on here than other folks would and while they may make decisions I don't agree with I still feel they have the kids best interest at heart. But then again I am not some Karen that thinks I know how everything should be ran and try to tell them how to do their job.

My kids do not attend school in Lexington so I have no reason to attend their meetings. Also having a wife that works for my local school system I probably know more about what goes on here than other folks would and while they may make decisions I don't agree with I still feel they have the kids best interest at heart. But then again I am not some Karen that thinks I know how everything should be ran and try to tell them how to do their job.
Lol..yeah well guess I’m confused as to why you are posting so much in this thread if you have no vested interest? Anyways we should all just let any elected official do their job and form no options about how they do their job? I’m sure you have never posted anything critical of either political party..because hey congress and president know how to do their jobs so there is no reason for us to get involved.

Reactions: awf and 80 Proof
Lol..yeah well guess I’m confused as to why you are posting so much in this thread if you have no vested interest? Anyways we should all just let any elected official do their job and form no options about how they do their job? I’m sure you have never posted anything critical of either political party..because hey congress and president know how to do their jobs so there is no reason for us to get involved.
I posted so much because you keep asking me questions but carry on with your bashing of the school. 🤣

Most teachers in ky have the kids best interest at heart. Administrators? Depends on where you are. Louisville and Lexington do not. It's political indoctrination and creepy brainwashing.

I applaud people getting involved. You can see what's out there, what's coming, and what's already here. That's why this craziness must be stopped here and now.

Most teachers in ky have the kids best interest at heart. Administrators? Depends on where you are. Louisville and Lexington do not. It's political indoctrination and creepy brainwashing.

I applaud people getting involved. You can see what's out there, what's coming, and what's already here. That's why this craziness must be stopped here and now.
Bingo…I second all of that!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT