ADVERTISEMENT

Your Way Too Early Final Four

Mash 2.4

Senior
Sep 26, 2011
This looks to be a year where there might be even more surprises than usual. Who would be in your early final 4?

1. Florida - They've stumbled a couple of times. But they have had some moments where I thought nobody could hang with them. They need Egbenu to come back and be effective though.

2. Michigan State - Maybe the most complete team?

3. Wichita St. - They will be a tough out if McDuffie gets fully recovered.

4. Nova - If MSU isn't the most complete team Nova probably is.

*UK - If ( and it's a big) we get Vanderbilt healthy in time this team could be a defensive nightmare by March and we have as legit a shot as anybody*

*Duke has the most talent 1-5. But I just don't see the bench to survive the tournament*

"Defensive nightmare" no... We're a poor defensive team.. Knox, Green cant guard me... I hope Cal goes more with the 2-3 zone...
I think this is the year we see an unranked team in the F4
MSU is the best team, but I'm not sold on Bridges in big games
Duke will get a lot better..Bagley is the difference maker.If Gracie gets hot they should get there
?
?

Mine at this point would be 1. Texas A&M ( as a 2 seed) 2. Mich St ( as a 1 seed) 3. Witchita St ( as a 3 seed) 4. Miami ( as a 4 seed) .

Duke will either win it all or lose in the 2nd round IMO so I hope the later is true. UF will not get far in the tourney as that would mean they would have to make a ton of 3's like 4-5 games in a row and that won't happen. In fact there aren't many bigger frauds then UF . They will lose 4-5 more games this season due to having off night shooting and they have no inside game ( getting a mildly healthy Enegbu doesn't fix that ) and they can't defend.

UK with or without JV can easily make it but I need to see them win the next 3 games. If they do I will put them in instead of Miami .

Wichita St. - They will be a tough out if McDuffie gets fully recovered.
Not a bad year for WSU to have a veteran team. Please tell me we don't get thrown in the same region again.

UK- homer pick.
Duke
Nova
Michigan St.

I think it comes down to Duke vs. Nova. Nova should win, but the whistle will favor Duke.

Nova
Michigan State
Wichita St
Gonzaga

Duke is tough to leave out but I dislike them. Arizona is still dangerous and A&M is a threat. I haven’t seen Miami play

Nova
Michigan State
Wichita St
Gonzaga

Duke is tough to leave out but I dislike them. Arizona is still dangerous and A&M is a threat. I haven’t seen Miami play

Yup. I think Zona is Elite Eight material. Lackluster PG play and coaching keeps me from putting them in. Wichita St. is also in my Elite Eight as well as A&M. My darkhorse is Bama to round out my Elite Eight.

Unsure, thought only four. Cal has Marshall's number. Is it twice now in tourny we beat him, weren't they like a 1 seed? Those teams he has were better than he has now.
Shamet and another guy on Wich St are future NBA,
Don't get me wrong, he created that program, a top ten program. They are now the Zags of the 21st century of college basketball

People putting KY, Zona, or Witchita St in the F4 cannot be serious.

Michigan st
North car
Kansas

Then IDK. Duke and Nova will not make it though

Duke, Michigan State, Wichita State, Villanova

Two sleeper teams - Xavier and West Virginia

Reactions: blubo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT