ADVERTISEMENT

You Have to Admire the Passion Bruce Pearl Brings

I find it funny all these posters calling him a cheater would be his biggest ass kissers if he came here. It’d be Cal all over again. The majority here ran his name through the mud while at Memphis and as soon as he signs it’s like it all magically never happened and Cal is a god.

I admire not a single damn thing about Bruce Pearl.

He should be coaching somewhere in Division III, if at all.

I find it funny all these posters calling him a cheater would be his biggest ass kissers if he came here. It’d be Cal all over again. The majority here ran his name through the mud while at Memphis and as soon as he signs it’s like it all magically never happened and Cal is a god.

Good thing we will never have to worry about that. He was lucky to get hired by a football school.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I like Pearl. For goodness sakes, he's got a very good team at Auburn. Auburn folks.

All those bemoaning his NCAA issues. What exactly is different about him than the Big Phony in Durham or the one Chapel Hill, or the one at Kansas. NOTHING.

Get over yourselves. I no longer care about that stuff. After what UNC and the durham bunch have gotten away with, it's all fake. If they can full out cheat in the wide open, I no longer care if UK does it.

They are as dirty as you can get. Bagley and Duval were in no way clean and above board. It was dirty. UNC is beyond dirty. Spare me all this sanctimony about Pearl. ZW was clearly another episode of the same thing.

Bilas is nothing but hot air with a microphone. He ain't nothing more than anyone else. They all know what went on but none of them care because they are like the guys doing it.

As much as he gets hammered, Cal is likely the cleanest guy out there because he knows if he isn't, they are doing a public hanging on him on LIVE TV. All these danglers for UNC and duke will go full throttle if Cal gets mentioned in anything and he knows it.

Last edited:
Wiley and Danjel weren't out because of recruiting. They were out because Chuck Person tried to get them to leave school early and sign with a financial advisor that would give him a kickback. So obviously, Bruce encourages his assistants to tell kids to LEAVE his program as quick as possible. /sarcasm

Side note....Wiley sits out an entire year for that, Purifoy sits out almost a year and a half...meanwhile the rest of the college BB world hasn't sat anyone with multiple coaches, players, shoe guys on wire taps openly talking about paying thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to a school.

So... yeah...I think we've paid our dues for our horrible, awful violations.

Side side note...and even with all of that..Bruce won just the 3rd SEC Championship in BBall at AU. Never leave us Bruce.

You can guarantee if anyone comes calling that is better than the bottom dwelling Tigers he will dump you in a heartbeat.

And who’s ass you been kissing ? You a loser and pimple on ass of humanity !!

Reactions: jameslee32
You can guarantee if anyone comes calling that is better than the defending SEC Champion Tigers he will dump you in a heartbeat.

FIFY.

Bruce has a state of the art BBall arena and facility. Bruce is 2 hours from one of the richest BBall recruiting grounds in America in the greater Atlanta area. Bruce has already built up the fan support to where Auburn arena is as tough a place to play for visitors as any arena in the country. Bruce is getting paid great money. Bruce has already won one SEC Championship, has a great shot at repeating this year, and has another top 5-top 10 class coming in next year. He has everything he needs to win and win big at Auburn and he's already doing it. If we win tonight..Auburn basketball will have gone 2-1 in 3 consecutive days against BBall bluebloods Xavier, Duke, and Arizona, with our lone loss being a 6pt defeat to the #1 team in the land. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see the day that happened at AU in BBall.

No, we're not Kentucky and we are never going to be Kentucky. But I'm perfectly fine with being the 2nd or 3rd best program in the SEC, living in the top 10-15 every year and being a perennial tourney team, which is what Bruce is doing with this program. And even if he leaves, he'll have built AU BBall's brand up so that we can bring in another very good coach. Flame away.

The funny thing is. Bruce energy is awesome. Love it. Hate all teams not uk tho. But despite his great game plan and energy. auburn jacked up way too many early 3pt shots . Played to fast. Drove ball into the arms of duke bigs for blocks. Left people open in corners, didnt rebound the easy ones. If duke played same energy as they did us. It been 30pt blowout too. Gameplan looked same as ours. Yet cal is trash and game has passed him by. Harper is a seasoned guard vs hagans hmmm... Etc. Go cats. Lol

Not necessarily a fan of Pearl personally - but I've always said that he, about better than any coach I've seen, gets his kids to play with tremendous belief and confidence (and he demands effort). Maybe it's not even warranted for them to believe in themelves at times, but sports are such a mental playground, to me this is his biggest asset. Doesn't hurt that he is a gym rat as far as the game goes and is thus a very good x's and o's coach. He's getting good talent now - so that confidence build is working even better.

My biggest complaint on his style is defensively - it's very Pitino-ish. Very hacky and grabby. Dares the refs to call fouls. Very aggressive, high energy, chaos creating defense daring refs to make calls. Refs rarely to never do (Pearl fains outrage at EVERY call to try to intimidate refs into not calling fouls). So their team ends up lauded for their "great defense" and effort. It's not great defense if you constantly foul. In a close game, if a team gets by with even 5 hacks that create easy transition scoring, that's plenty to win.

His biggest personal weakness is his massive ego and desire to be significant. Has cost him in the past and will again. He can't help himself.

Last edited:
it's not a popular view but I like pearl also. he coaches hard and gets the most out of his guys

ADVERTISEMENT