ADVERTISEMENT

You Have to Admire the Passion Bruce Pearl Brings

Philstat

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2004
I actually like how he gets the accountability of his players and gets them up for big games. Cal appears to approach EVERY game the same, no matter the competition, I love that BP told his guys before the game the magnitude of their match-up and laid out the expectations and the potential glory that awaited!

I love him and would love to have him after Cal.
Well you can always go be an Pearl and Auburn fan now , cause we dam sure wont miss you one bit here , how about that , seem like that would be a good solution or a win win for all of us !!

I can't believe how any UK fan can say they would love to have Pearl as our Head Coach after Cal. He has cheated more than any of the other coaches that were talked about this year. He was lucky after the UT scandal and then move to Auburn and he had 2 kids out last year because of the recruiting but they are playing tonight. There is no way I would want him part of our Basketball program after what he did at UT and all the talk that has happened at Auburn.

Why the love for BP?

He has the on the wall mentality and it carries over with his team, Auburn is going to be a monster match-up for us, he will have them playing as if it were going to determine world peace.

I’ll admit, I’ve always liked Pearl. He seems like an alright guy and passionate coach. He did some good things around East Tennessee when he was in Knoxville but I hated those Volunteer teams.

I love him and would love to have him after Cal.

oh-hell-no_o_1321473.jpg

I can't believe how any UK fan can say they would love to have Pearl as our Head Coach after Cal. He has cheated more than any of the other coaches that were talked about this year. He was lucky after the UT scandal and then move to Auburn and he had 2 kids out last year because of the recruiting but they are playing tonight. There is no way I would want him part of our Basketball program after what he did at UT and all the talk that has happened at Auburn.

Pearl was cheating as early as when he coached at the University of Southern Indiana

S

o the truth has come out! You want UK to cheat like others!
Truth be told, UK already has a history of everything from point shaving to having cash payments via Emery shipping to players.
As far as Pearl is concerned, he has turned 2 Football schools into very solid Basketball schools..... The guy can coach, recruit, and develop players !

I love Pearl! Had he not ****ed it up at Tennessee he might have won a championship.

Truth be told, UK already has a history of everything from point shaving to having cash payments via Emery shipping to players.
As far as Pearl is concerned, he has turned 2 Football schools into very solid Basketball schools..... The guy can coach, recruit, and develop players !
You mean back when recruiting violations got a coach and AD fired?

Why the love for BP?
Passion and style of play. I would have like for him to here if Cal turned us down. I could do without all the sweating though. I love the half court trapping, pressing the other team till they piss their pants. Problem with that style though is I can't think of many coaches that have that system anymore.

Wiley and Danjel weren't out because of recruiting. They were out because Chuck Person tried to get them to leave school early and sign with a financial advisor that would give him a kickback. So obviously, Bruce encourages his assistants to tell kids to LEAVE his program as quick as possible. /sarcasm

Side note....Wiley sits out an entire year for that, Purifoy sits out almost a year and a half...meanwhile the rest of the college BB world hasn't sat anyone with multiple coaches, players, shoe guys on wire taps openly talking about paying thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to a school.

So... yeah...I think we've paid our dues for our horrible, awful violations.

Side side note...and even with all of that..Bruce won just the 3rd SEC Championship in BBall at AU. Never leave us Bruce.

Reactions: Sensei Mud
Pearl is a sweaty carnival barker, a true slime ball, his teams play great at home with their style, but they wont sneak up on anybody this year. Probably a 10-8 or 11-7 SEC record, they never really threatened Duke tonight. Lost by 6 but really a 12-15 point game.

I actually like how he gets the accountability of his players and gets them up for big games. Cal appears to approach EVERY game the same, no matter the competition, I love that BP told his guys before the game the magnitude of their match-up and laid out the expectations and the potential glory that awaited!

Cal doesn't even watch tape of his opponent.

Pearl is a sweaty carnival barker, a true slime ball, his teams play great at home with their style, but they wont sneak up on anybody this year. Probably a 10-8 or 11-7 SEC record, they never really threatened Duke tonight. Lost by 6 but really a 12-15 point game.

Ya no where near as good as when we played them everyone knows that a 34 point loss > than a 6 point loss.
:rolleyes:

One of my favorite coaches. I don’t give a flip if some are too insecure to give the guy credit. He’s a good coach that’s very passionate about his job.

ADVERTISEMENT