ADVERTISEMENT

The Best Players Available in 24 High School Class to Replace Dilly and Shep

Apr 15, 2007
Don;t bother trying to recruit the class of 24 High School players whose skill set and playing style most closely resembles Dilly and Shep. Why? Because they are already "under contract" to UK. Based on the players I have seen several times in person and on videos, Boogie Fland with his speed, quickness and scoring ability coupled with his explosiveness, "devil may care" and "catch me if you can" approach to the game is almost a clone of Dilly. Likewise, Travis Perry with his exceptional court vision, passing ability and BB IQ coupled with his deadeye shooting, unflappable demeanor and always playing under control makes him a perfect fit to replace Shep. The player we havn't replaced in kind is Reeves. Hopefully, a portal transfer can help unless we can possibly land McNeeley who I understand is Kansas bound.
As an aside I am thrilled about Cyril and Knox joining Theiro in the front court. Those three big mules will put an end to the intimidation and cowering approach many of the SEC teams have laid on our stringbean and zipper type players that manned our front court this season. SEC teams would be well advised to have a minimum of four "litter bearers" (stretchers) posted on their sidelines next year if they want to play "rough house" basketball. That was the most frustrating aspect of this season is to watch our guys being pushed around and manhandled. Thyat day is over!

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I’m not too high on next years class outside of JQ who I think is one of the better players we’ve recruited in a while.

Hopefully some ‘25 wings reclass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT