ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! Dan Wolken

Easy to kick the King when he is down.
Season is far from over.
Neither UK or Calipari are the basket kings of anything right now.

It is obvious to a grade school player and coach that UK is not well coached. They make too many mistakes for a college Div I program with the talent and resources UK has. The cupboard is not bare but the coaching is subpar. I did not play college basketball but I know the coaching is lacking. These players are above average in talent and play well below their talent. The trend has been evident for several year now.

Everyone in America sees it but some blinded UK fans. And that number is dwindling each week.

Woolen is a complete fraud and a Cal hater but the game has absolutely passed him by because of his unwillingness to adapt. Losing his way is more important to him than adapting and winning the modern way. He doesn’t even have enough dignity to care that his career long detractors are now destroying him. Not even that matters to the Mad King.

Easy to kick the King when he is down.
Season is far from over.
King of horse shit...

TRucENT.png

Mitch absolutely 100% needs to be fired for that contract. Absolutely inexcusable.
The contract is going to buy him one more year. If he can’t fix this mess with the class coming in he’ll be gone. UK is not going to let this go on beyond next season.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I think Cal knows that his coaching days are over and so before he leaves UK, he is going to trash the place. After that, we will hear his incomplete sentences as he provides us unintelligible commentary.
I believe you are right

I’m a Lady so can’t say exactly what I’m thinking about that man

I don't consider MJ to be a real UK fan anyway, just an opportunist. Bet he's loving all those clicks on his site that Cow's generating with his embarassing losses which cause angry UK fans to comment on every article.
He doesn't own KSR anymore.

Woolen is a complete fraud and a Cal hater but the game has absolutely passed him by because of his unwillingness to adapt. Losing his way is more important to him than adapting and winning the modern way. He doesn’t even have enough dignity to care that his career long detractors are now destroying him. Not even that matters to the Mad King.

I’m not even sure it’s just about not adapting anymore. I’m starting think he’s legitimately losing his mind to some kind of late life brain disease. A lot of his lineups and substitution patterns don’t even make sense for him.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Think won’t change because Cal refuses to change. It would hurt his pride that the UK fans and others were right.

He runs the same offense and defense every season and isn’t willing to change.
This is it. As I was watching the mess today I thought to myself, doesn’t Cal even have to be getting to a point where he’s so far out of answers and so tired of seeing nothing ever change that he HAS to start trying something different at some point.

I mean nobody can be that stubborn or that big a glutton for punishment…right???

This is it. As I was watching the mess today I thought to myself, doesn’t Cal even have to be getting to a point where he’s so far out of answers and so tired of seeing nothing ever change that he HAS to start trying something different at some point.

I mean nobody can be that stubborn or that big a glutton for punishment…right???
I hope he brings in an offensive coordinator for next season but know he would never do that. His ego is so huge and believe he is not as confident as he would appear. He has some insecurities. Even Saban is secure enough to do whatever it takes to change with the game.

Cal is coaching like a guy who already knows he’s gone tbh
Or he’s a coach that’s coaching like he’s completely lost and can’t come to grips with the fact that the way he’s always down things just aren’t working anymore.

I don’t think he wants out or wants to go out like this, I think he’s a guy that’s lost his confidence like a great golfer who slowly starts losing it. But in Cal’s case he want change a thing about his swing, just stsrts swinging harder.

He’s a prisoner of his own stubbornness to change and evolve. Not sure how far he has to slide before that happens but I believe privately he’s seriously doubting himself and his ability to fix this right now and that confidence is gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Those saying this is all Mitch’s fault, he wasn’t the sole deciding person behind this contract. He may or may not have negotiated the terms but I’m willing to bet people way more powerful than him had to give the blessing to a deal like that.

Reactions: Kattopper
Those saying this is all Mitch’s fault, he wasn’t the sole deciding person behind this contract. He may or may not have negotiated the terms but I’m willing to bet people way more powerful than him had to give the blessing to a deal like that.
All the approvers are likely the types who can’t bear the thot of not having top recruiting classes.

Fools gold is what Cal sold them.

Cal deserves every bit of criticism he receives as well as anyone who approved the contract.

Any contract that isn’t based off yearly performance is a joke and more often than not all the benefit goes to the signee.

Athletes and coaches live in a different world than regular people… must be nice to be terrible at your job and rake it in.

Calipari is long past his shelf date. But, I do not believe he will leave until after next season at the earliest. He wants one more shot at redemption with next years class and a few hold overs from this season. He will NEVER admit that the game has changed and left him behind.

On a side note, you gotta believe recruits are hearing, watching or reading the same criticisms of Calipari as everyone else. Do all the players committed in next year's class stay loyal or do any jump ship?

This is spot on. UK is stuck with Cal a few more yrs. And the AD that gave him that contract will not be held accountable

Based upon talent, #4 isn't unrealistic. What happened after the ranking is on UK.
That is laughable! Toppin 3 star, Wheeler 5’7” 3 star, Reeves 3 star, CJ 3 star coming off 16 months injury rehab, Ugo a reclass project with 6 weeks of high school ball, Thiero a ZERO star until UK offered, and Collins who barely played the year before.
I’ll give you Wallace and Oscar, but almost every recruiting expert said Livingston was not going to be a one year star.

Before the season the mock drafts had one player being selected in first round and many had only Wallace being the only player drafted totally.

Just because we heard that Toppin was ready to be a superstar and Collins was a lottery pick from the local media doesn’t make it true. Neither passed the eye test any of last season.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
That is laughable! Toppin 3 star, Wheeler 5’7” 3 star, Reeves 3 star, CJ 3 star coming off 16 months injury rehab, Ugo a reclass project with 6 weeks of high school ball, Thiero a ZERO star until UK offered, and Collins who barely played the year before.
I’ll give you Wallace and Oscar, but almost every recruiting expert said Livingston was not going to be a one year star.

Before the season the mock drafts had one player being selected in first round and many had only Wallace being the only player drafted totally.

Just because we heard that Toppin was ready to be a superstar and Collins was a lottery pick from the local media doesn’t make it true. Neither passed the eye test any of last season.
Then why did Cal bring these players into the program?

I think Cal knows that his coaching days are over and so before he leaves UK, he is going to trash the place. After that, we will hear his incomplete sentences as he provides us unintelligible commentary.
That is frightening in itself.

Where was Wheeler rated as a 4-star? Not that it matters because part of the job (A job in which Cal is paid 9 million to do) is to actually develop the talent the coach brings into his program and put them into the best position to win.

Is Cal doing that?

Mitch absolutely 100% needs to be fired for that contract. Absolutely inexcusable.
Mitch Barnhart needs to be fired for that contract. We are joined by the hip to this old steamy pile of dog crap because of it. Should never ever be put in this kind of position. Period.
The dumb, stupid thing about this life time contract is if Calipari had wanted to leave here 3 or 4 years ago. UK would have had no problem what so ever in replacing him with a hall of fame caliber coach. I'll never forget when we hired hall of fame coach Eddie Sutton who was considered at the time to be one of the Top-5 coaches in college basketball, he said that he would have crawled to Lexington for this job. Then 4 years later the hottest name in coaching was Rick Pitino UK hired him away from the NBA despite the fact that he knew that UK would not be allowed to play in the NCAA tournament for his first 2 seasons. Kentucky doesn't have to beg anybody to coach here. There's a whole lot of great coaches that would take the UK job in a minute. NO ONE NEEDS A LIFE TIME CONTRACT THAT'S THE HEAD COACH HERE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT