ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather??

Win at the toilet bowl or lose at the peach bowl?

• music city bowl win ?

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • More respectable bowl and lose?

Votes: 23 82.1%

• Total voters

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
get to and win the music city bowl or get to a more prestigious like peach bowl and lose??

In the big picture it is about how many you win. In the cases you present the Cats could go 8-4 regular season, lose in the Peach and finish 8-5. Or maybe go 7-5 regular season, win the Music City Bowl and go 8-5. Not sure which 8-5 outcome is better. [winking]

Peace

Reactions: Wildcats1st
For me it would depend on the opponent. Im not happy we lost to Northwestern, but I have no ill will towards em so it doesnt bother me. But if it were someone like West Virginia or North Carolina then I would want the win more if it meant a lesser bowl.

Ultimately you want the win always, but a better payout and a more prestigious bowl (no one ever cares who won the bowls except the P4 and NY6 ones anyway) is probably better actually.

Doesn't matter much IMO. I'd rather beat Florida and finish 5-7 than go 2-6 in the SEC and go to whatever bowl at 6-6 (for example).

Because there are just so many postseason games now, I don't know that many bowls are considered prestigious anyway (other than the obvious choices).

GBB!!!

Doesn't matter much IMO. I'd rather beat Florida and finish 5-7 than go 2-6 in the SEC and go to whatever bowl at 6-6 (for example).

Because there are just so many postseason games now, I don't know that many bowls are considered prestigious anyway (other than the obvious choices).

GBB!!!
I’m not sure what you are saying, but it sounds like you individually value some SEC games more highly than you value season long success. That is a recipe for an all or nothing approach, being disgruntled or else getting too excited too early in the season.

I have seen some people say we cannot have a successful season unless we win this game or that game. That is called compulsion. The reason the SEC uses the composite league records to determine division champions is because every SEC game is deemed equally important.

It doesn’t matter how many bowls. That is beyond control of our coaches. The things that matter are winning as many games as possible, and improving our team year by year.

That's easy---a more prestigious bowl usually means a better season overall.

The Gators at the swamp should be our first bowl game! Win that one and The Peach Bowl becomes more doable. Last Peach Bowl was a heartbreaker for True Blue CAT fans!

I'll take a better bowl because that means we have a better regular season record, which means we more than likely beat a big boy and/or UL.

There are thresholds that coaches need to cross to show that things are going in the right direction. Getting to a bowl is one, and CMS has done that. A couple other items on the checklist are 8 regular season wins, and beating a big boy.

In all reality, before the playoffs and even more so now, the CFB post season is one of the more meaningless things in sports.

Now that there is a play off system, even the top tier bowls have lost their luster. Most upper echelon teams that have big expectations really pack it in if they aren't 1 of 4. Even top players with NFL aspirations are starting to sit out more often if they're not playing for a title.

So I'll take a 8-9 regular season wins and a top tier bowl loss, over 6-7 regular season wins and lower tier bowl win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ky grandpa
I think the music win would be better for the cats, a more prestigious bowl would be fun, but at the end of season and over time wins are counted and remembered and what bowls not so much.
We would probably have more wins by default to even get to the prestigious bowl, probably be a wash.
That being said, I'd take the big game and lose. We'd get more exposure. I wouldn't take this option if it meant we get stomped though.

The regular season is what really counts not the bowl game, so getting to say the Outback instead of Music City is a sign of progress and is more important than the outcome.

Unless you are in the final 4 after your bowl game, win or lose you're going home for the year anyway.

Reactions: Colonial Farm 80
The exposure matters a lot. More money and you are taken more seriously. South Carolina had played Michigan 2 or 3 bowls in recent years. And they are viewed more favorably nationally. No one seems to remember that we've run off 4 in a row on them.

The exposure matters a lot. More money and you are taken more seriously. South Carolina had played Michigan 2 or 3 bowls in recent years. And they are viewed more favorably nationally. No one seems to remember that we've run off 4 in a row on them.

Almost everyone. let's hope they have forgotten the embarrassing streak and aren't out for blood, so far they seem to think they still own us. Good news.

I just want to win, I don't care against whom, I don't care how they win, I don't care why they win or I don't care what QB leads the way. Just win and things will shake out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT