ADVERTISEMENT

Saw two projections for the Gator Bowl

bluecoon1

Senior
Jul 18, 2017
Bleacher report has us playing Clemson and a Miami outlet has us playing the Canes. Most are still predicting the Mayo Bowl vs Duke and UK has also made it known to the authorities that the Music City is a no for us.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Hey why not give us Puke. Let's show them what SEC football is all about (although half our team will probably sit out, so we'll be watching 2nd and 3rd stringers trying to show out for a starting spot next year...).

If the players won't all play the game then who cares who/where we play? The bowls aren't worth going to for the fans anymore if you can't watch the whole team that earned that spot. Hope no one shows up and the players can see what it's like to have been opted out on.

Give me Miami, always wanted a match-up with them but I’d take anyone in Jacksonville. Actually watched you guys play Mich St in the Gator back around ‘89-90.

I think that would be a good match up. Of course it depends on who decides to sit it out. I know Davis is for UK, don't like it but understand the reasoning.

If the players won't all play the game then who cares who/where we play? The bowls aren't worth going to for the fans anymore if you can't watch the whole team that earned that spot. Hope no one shows up and the players can see what it's like to have been opted out on.

UK fans seem to always travel well no matter the sport so don't see that happening.

UK fans seem to always travel well no matter the sport so don't see that happening.

It used to be true, but MCB last year was smallest crowd in over twenty years, so now depends on where we go, who we play, overall record and whether our players will sit out or not. In short, BBN buying tons of tickets no longer a sure thing (probably true for most schools, tbh)

Getting the Gator Bowl would be a huge win for this team. I just want us to go to a bowl that our fans will enjoy and can get behind. MCB just not gonna cut it this year.

Reactions: howercat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT