ADVERTISEMENT

I hope the ‘fire stoops’ people are ready

Is Stoops overpaid? Yeah, probably. Does our win loss record live up to our overall football budget? Probably not. Do any one of us suffer financially based off what any of these coaches are paid? Hell no. Why people focus so much on money I will never understand.

Stoops has earned plenty of criticism during his time here. But I don’t know how anyone could be a fan of Rich Brooks, who is beloved here, but also not be a fan of Stoops. Brooks didn’t do shit compared to Stoops, and I love Brooks. It’s strange to me how fans seemingly hold inconsistent views about our coaches.

I think Stoops has probably hit his ceiling here. Jon Sumrall would be a fun new hire. But I hope fans are prepared for a really rough year next year if Stoops leaves. And nothing will be guaranteed with Sumrall beyond that.
Doesn't have to be Summrall

Louisville did ok with their hire.
Tennessee as well. It’s not a certainty that we can’t get better without Stoops.
Tennessee did, but how many crap coaches did they have to hire and fire before they found Heupel? At one time I think they were still paying 3 former head coaches.

Reactions: Rockfly78
I get people believing Stoops has peaked here. What I don't get is people thinking UK will be an attractive job to an established top of the line coach. Not many want to play Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma and LSU with a big NIL deficit. Established coaches don't tend to move to an uphill, against the odds destination. Sonny Dykes has UK connections...he might be the only one willing to try.

Reactions: RunninRichie
There would only be one man to blame if all that happened. Barnhart.
Wouldn’t be his fault. This is the business. I don’t think people understand the the depths of this process. Just look at pretty much every coaching change. This is what happens. The AD can’t stop it.

His is our bear Bryant you dunce. He's the winningest coach we've ever had. He the best Kentucky is getting and building with. Losers just can't understand how to win.

He's also the coach with the most losses.

Compare Bryant's winning percentage to Stoops and get back to me.

Stoops also coached here 3 more seasons and got an extra game each season for 11 cupcake wins that the Bear didn't have.

A&M is getting blasted and laughed at by everyone for this.

no-taksies.gif

I get people believing Stoops has peaked here. What I don't get is people thinking UK will be an attractive job to an established top of the line coach. Not many want to play Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma and LSU with a big NIL deficit. Established coaches don't tend to move to an uphill, against the odds destination. Sonny Dykes has UK connections...he might be the only one willing to try.
Around a $9 million salary and an AD that showed extreme patience to build a program. Won’t be fired for going 7-5 like some other schools. Good facilities. A loyal fanbase that will sell out stadiums for .500 teams. That’s awfully attractive.

• Love
Reactions: KyCatFan and catben
We’re about to lose:

-stoops
-marrow
-coen
-Brad white
-Deon Walker
-barrion brown
-Dane key
-Ray Davis

With no one lined up to replace them, and the hardest schedule in school history next year. All of you that make your music city bowl jokes get ready cause we ain’t getting back there for awhile.

And to think, we almost had a good day today.
Jeff Brohm says, "bring it biotch!"

Jeez dude...it's inevitable, and we need to embrace what the future holds. Mark Stoops was great, did the best he could....I'm hoping to replicate UL's record next year.

If he takes the job, he will tell the 12th Men down there that he's glad to finally be coaching at a "Football School"

Fair point....alot of people had a quick trigger to wanting Stoops gone....now maybe we'll see if we sink down to Brooks...or even Joker levels with the next hire.

We’re about to lose:

-stoops
-marrow
-coen
-Brad white
-Deon Walker
-barrion brown
-Dane key
-Ray Davis

With no one lined up to replace them, and the hardest schedule in school history next year. All of you that make your music city bowl jokes get ready cause we ain’t getting back there for awhile.

You sound like the morons who still claim we fired Tubby.

Reactions: ukwazoo
I’ve always contended that we could hire someone that could accomplish what Stoops has and we could do better. Whether or not Barnhart successfully hires that coach is a different story.
Tell me who you contend we can hire. Coaches generally come here to die. If Stoops leaves on his own, he will be the fourth in my lifetime that has left without being fired or because of cheating. BTW, I'm old.

Fair point....alot of people had a quick trigger to wanting Stoops gone....now maybe we'll see if we sink down to Brooks...or even Joker levels with the next hire.
20-46 against winning teams

🤣🤣🤣

The big prize I don't want to lose is Saunders. Kid is likely to have the two best QB seasons in Pennsylvania high school history when he graduates in 2025. Think about that. Penn has produced some great QBs. He might be the most accomplished high school QB to ever commit to UK...yes I've heard of Tim Couch.

Is Stoops overpaid? Yeah, probably. Does our win loss record live up to our overall football budget? Probably not. Do any one of us suffer financially based off what any of these coaches are paid? Hell no. Why people focus so much on money I will never understand.

Stoops has earned plenty of criticism during his time here. But I don’t know how anyone could be a fan of Rich Brooks, who is beloved here, but also not be a fan of Stoops. Brooks didn’t do shit compared to Stoops, and I love Brooks. It’s strange to me how fans seemingly hold inconsistent views about our coaches.

I think Stoops has probably hit his ceiling here. Jon Sumrall would be a fun new hire. But I hope fans are prepared for a really rough year next year if Stoops leaves. And nothing will be guaranteed with Sumrall beyond that.
Brooks is the surrogate grandpa many people never had. You know his pocket is full of Werther’s.

The last couple years we underachieved. It all boils down to recruiting. We need someone who will bring in the players even if it’s portal guys. We’ve seen programs turned around in a heart beat with the right guy.

Who? Name the coach that we could get that would do better.
So you stated Stoops would perform like this when he was hired? Prove it. You didn't.

He did better than I thought he would. The timing is right imo.

20-46 against winning teams

🤣🤣🤣
GO pull all the UK coaches records and let's see how it compares.

All i know is Stoops won 2 citrus bowls, finished final regular season poll as #12,#16 and two more top 25 finishes. Claiborne finished top 25 once....None for Brooks, Joker, Morris, Mumme.

That is your modern era UK history.

The big prize I don't want to lose is Saunders. Kid is likely to have the two best QB seasons in Pennsylvania high school history when he graduates in 2025. Think about that. Penn has produced some great QBs. He might be the most accomplished high school QB to ever commit to UK...yes I've heard of Tim Couch.
Saunders is going to follow Coen, we'll never see him here.

GO pull all the UK coaches records and let's see how it compares.

All i know is Stoops won 2 citrus bowls, finished final regular season poll as #12,#16 and two more top 25 finishes. Claiborne finished top 25 once....None for Brooks, Joker, Morris, Mumme.

That is your modern era UK history.
And still can't beat Tenn

And still can't beat Tenn
Again.....pull your UK football coach history on TN.

Stoops has beaten UT 2 times.....Joker did once and the rest....literally zero of like 30+ years. I get Stoops has some warts....but not as many as you react towards.

We’re about to lose:

-stoops
-marrow
-coen
-Brad white
-Deon Walker
-barrion brown
-Dane key
-Ray Davis

Chicken Little much??

Reactions: KyCatFan
Again.....pull your UK football coach history on TN.

Stoops has beaten UT 2 times.....Joker did once and the rest....literally zero of like 30+ years. I get Stoops has some warts....but not as many as you react towards.
I'm not much on mediocrity.
Enjoy next year, he's back.

Whomever we would get surely won't:

Have wide receivers open for TD's multiple times in a game.
Have players constantly undisciplined (tons of stupid penalties).
Have clock management issues nearly every game.
Have every coordinator coach completely different when hired.
Have the wrong number of players on the field a bunch of times.
Have timeouts unused or wasted to only get a penalty on the next play.

Whomever we would get surely can:

Beat 3 MAC schools.
Get 3 wins out of conference bottom feeders.
Get to mediocre bowl games every year.
Recruit top 25 level.
Play an attractive type of play.
Attract better offensive players.
Blitz more to give QB's trouble.
Be ranked for longer than a week or two (happens nearly every year).
Beat an occasional top 10 team not named UL.

Things have gotten stale around here and I think Stoops and the fans need a change to reinvigorate both. Stoops feels like Tubby Smith without the championships (SEC/NCAA). We need a Rick Pitino for football. Whomever we would get will have no pressure compared to other places. We don't fire coaches very quick around here and job security will lead to bowl games.

The only reason most other schools have bad seasons is because they expect more with their coaching changes. Ups the pressure to win and hurts recruiting changing coaches every few years. Here there's very little pressure. Just getting to a bowl is enough for most fans with an occasional 8 or 9 win regular season. Might even surpass that with someone else.

Reactions: UK_fan_41102
the funny part to me was Stoops saying he didn't feel appreciated at UK

and he wanted to go coach a program that just fired a guy that won a national championship and got rid of him - in the season while amassing a 45-25 record and was 6-4. Stoops is going to do better than that in the SEC West?

if you think the UK fan base is delusional for thinking Stoops is easily replaced, I'd like to have what Stoops was smoking thinking he could handle being at A&M. Its top shelf kush.

and as a side note, how about an FU to any coach who gets paid $9m to go 7-5 and feels under appreciated

Last edited:
LM
Lmao you act like we ever did better than stoops before him, jackass

We’re about to be 2-10. Get ready, you’re gonna wish we could make a music ci

Lmao you act like we ever did better than stoops before him, jackass

We’re about to be 2-10. Get ready, you’re gonna wish we could make a music city bowl

Do you think you build the program to respectable status and keep a coach a decade paying them nothing? Or do you think you lose that coach pretty quickly?

It's weird you guys have created this straight to the playoff or give em peanuts. Real program growth mentality there.

For not insane ppl, it laid a foundation to make the job attractive. Something you wanted but then didn't like apparently for some reason.
I think to "much who is given, much is expected. " What would Michigan do to Harbaugh if he just finished a season like ours? and Stoops makes MORE than him. You people seem to forget money talks and BS walks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT