ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Prediction

SacramentoKat

Sophomore
Jan 25, 2006
Ok, this win was gigantic for us this year. This essentially moves us up 2 bowls by leaping over Texas A&M and knocking UoL out of the top bowls freeing up LSU to take the citrus bowl. However, we have issues with being recently in the Music City Bowl and Gator bowl. Tennessee gets ND in the reliquest bowl leaving us…..still in the Liberty Bowl vs maybe Miami.

Would have been really nice to win that SC game had a shot at ND in the Reliquest.

Reactions: KMKAT and megablue
Ok, this win was gigantic for us this year. This essentially moves us up 2 bowls by leaping over Texas A&M and knocking UoL out of the top bowls freeing up LSU to take the citrus bowl. However, we have issues with being recently in the Music City Bowl and Gator bowl. Tennessee gets ND in the reliquest bowl leaving us…..still in the Liberty Bowl vs maybe Miami.

Would have been really nice to win that SC game had a shot at ND in the Reliquest.
Yes ... playing ND would be cool !!

Used to live in Vacaville BTW.

A bit off topic but how dumb is it that next season in a 12 team playoff some fraud like Tulane gets in while a team like lsu doesn't?

I can see UK in rhe Music City, Gator or Citrus.

Todays win was HUGE!!!
I dunno. Not sure bowl committees really pay much attention to individual games. It’s all about matchups and money. Not saying this doesn’t help but no way we’re playing in the Citrus Bowl.

Mayo Bowl is almost a lock.

Ole miss Citrus, LSU ReliaQuest, Tennessee gator feel like locks.

Then it’s between us Auburn and A&M for the Texas bowl, music city, and Duke’s Mayo. We can’t go to Music City, Texas will likely take A&M.

South Carolina and/or Florida winning tonight would maybe throw a wrench into things but doubt they’d jump us.

If Ole Miss jumps to 11th, then we're almost guaranteed 4 SEC teams in the Playoff/NY6.

Ole Miss fans all afternoon have been saying us beating Louisville just pushed them into the NY6, so it seems like they'd know the scenario needed.

We can't go back to the Music City bowl for a 2nd year in a row.

That leaves LSU as the top remaining team, sending them to the Citrus Bowl.

That leaves Tennessee as the only clear team above us in the SEC that'll get priority over us. They presumably take ReliaQuest or Gator, which means we take the other.

If Ole Miss doesn't jump into the top 11, then we get pushed down 1 bowl and likely end up in the Mayo Bowl.

If Ole Miss jumps to 11th, then we're almost guaranteed 4 SEC teams in the Playoff/NY6.

Ole Miss fans all afternoon have been saying us beating Louisville just pushed them into the NY6, so it seems like they'd know the scenario needed.

That leaves Tennessee as the only clear team above us in the SEC that'll get priority over us. They presumably take ReliaQuest or Gator, which means we take the other.

If Ole Miss doesn't jump into the top 11, then we get pushed down 1 bowl and likely end up in the Mayo Bowl.
Why do you guys keep saying the Mayo Bowl. There is 0 chance we are not taken by the pool of 6 after the Citrus. There are not enough SEC teams to fill these without KY.

Those 6 are : reliquest, music city, gator, texas, liberty and las vegas

Reliquest = Tn
Music City = not us as they have a rule no back to back. Pron Auburn
Gator= we wnt 2 years ago, so not sure on the rules
Liberty Bowl = us vs big 12.
Texas = Texas AM
Las vegas maybe Fl if they can beat fsu

I do need to correct the oponent though. Liberty is vs big 12. So UK vs Kansas St

It’s either liberty or the dukes mayo bowl, if they beat South Carolina last week they could of moved up some but they didn’t

Nm, i see Duke’s mayo is a pool of 6 and not the vegas bowl. So yeah, Duke’s Mayo or Gator.

I see a bit of good news though. UoL flaming out likely knocks Clemson to a potential opponent in the Gator or Mayo Bowl. We’ll be paired up vs Duke, Miami or Clemson.

Nm, i see Duke’s mayo is a pool of 6 and not the vegas bowl. So yeah, Duke’s Mayo or Gator.

I see a bit of good news though. UoL flaming out likely knocks Clemson to a potential opponent in the Gator or Mayo Bowl. We’ll be paired up vs Duke, Miami or Clemson.

Miami would be cool. Clemson fine too. We played them in a couple bowls but been a while.

UoL is in the Orange bowl if FSU makes the playoff. So we need to root for UoL or FL to beat FSU. That will improve our opponent.

I can see UK in rhe Music City, Gator or Citrus.
Not the Citrus.

They take the highest ranked SEC team not in the NYD6. Hence LSU or UT, and the second of those goes Reliaquest.

Music City is OUT, as we were there last year.

Gator is in okay, and they might push for us given our tickets sales in 2016: we had all folks on our side of the stadium, and 50 percent on Georgia Tech’s side.

Yes we were there in 2016, and 2020, but there is only a year “repeat ban” (sans Citrus) and a two year “preference” of no repeats.

We haven’t been to Jacksonville in 3 years, so . . . . do they go for A & M or Kentucky?

I’m guessing A & M or Kentucky to Gator, lest UF beat FSU.

Here is an updated (today) pick showing us in Gator/TS Bowl:

Last edited:
Reactions: JC-3
Hack, are you predicting Ole Miss to a NYD bowl? If not they will get Citrus or Reliaquest. Don't see UK ahead of UTn for Gator.

It has been stated about 100 times in various sources that UK will NOT be placed in MCB again this season, think that is a fact.

As for opponents, I saw on one college football website that (IIRC) we have played Miami Fla 13 times, last time in 1963, have an 8-5 overall record. We have played Duke four times !930-1933, and lost all four.

So at least if we play one of those two, would be similar to Ga Tech and NC State, i.e., teams we have not played in a long long time.

Reactions: The-Hack

The Orange Bowl
Tie-In: ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/Notre Dame

So if FSU wins the ACC Championship and gets into the Top 4 then the Next Highest Ranked team from the ACC goes to the Orange Bowl. That would probably be Louisville even with a loss to FSU. Now if FSU wins and doesn’t make the Top 4 then they would go to the Orange Bowl as ACC Champion. Should Louisville upset FSU then Louisville would go to the Orange Bowl as ACC Champion. Not sure where the Ole Miss fans think they could replace the ACC team.

Hack, are you predicting Ole Miss to a NYD bowl? If not they will get Citrus or Reliaquest. Don't see UK ahead of UTn for Gator.
I addressed that here.

Any 10-2 SEC team should be Too 10!!!

A bit off topic but how dumb is it that next season in a 12 team playoff some fraud like Tulane gets in while a team like lsu doesn't?
If Tulane’s 1st round QB Michael Pratt had not been hurt and missed the Ole Miss game, they’d a won that game and be 12-0 going into the American Championship next Saturday. They’d be right behind Georgia and Alabama in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT