ADVERTISEMENT

Would we still dump Cal for Musselman?

No thanks. While I'm still not 100% behind Cal I don't want to replace him just to replace him. This season is fun again and we have a very good team so I'll choose to support them all this season. Let's let it play out. But, Mussellman, no thanks.

To me Beard is going to have to seriously be considered if he gets Ole Miss anywhere close to a final four. You don’t come an overtime away from a title at Tech, then a few possessions from a final four the next year, to then taking Ole Miss to heights they’ve never been, if you’re average. People might not like his style but Beard is wining a title at least with UK resources. He’s excellent at evaluating players that fit his style, and he’s as hungry as any coach in the NCAA. I see no way Beard doesn’t end up with at least one title before he’s done.

I realize he’s got his issues and obviously I’m against beating women or I’d be a Kansas fan. One thing everyone should agree on is we definitely don’t want to see him end up at Kansas, UConn, Florida, Tennessee, or the like. That guy would be scary with resources

And no on Musselman. I do believe Calipari is probably done at UK. I don’t think he really covets the second ring and the money made him too carefree. This isn’t 2001-2015 Calipari. But some of the people thrown around is ridiculous. It seemed like 30% of the hardened Calipari supporters were ready to throw the job to Payne. We’d never recover from a hire like that or it would take a lot. Mussleman would probably win at UK to what degree I don’t know, but he doesn’t fit UK.

Make no mistake though, there are quite a few coaches who would do more with Kentucky than Calipari does at this point in his career. It’s just hard for some to wrap their head around it. I want him to succeed too, but I’m not sure it can still happen. I want nothing more than to be have that proven to me.

Last edited:
There several here that still would but Muss proved last year he is nothing but a little piss ant.q

If we’re honest, I remember this board in 2006 when I was screaming to hire Calipari and was blasted here for it. At least half of this board was vicious in their hate for Calipari.

This isn’t the place to come for opinions on good coaches. Nobody that knows college basketball would have been against hiring Calipari then consider giving UK to Payne 14 years later. And there are a lot of them here man.

I remember being at the Oxford Inn at Ole Miss when we had Gillispie. We traveled with the team some that year and what we witnessed from Gillispie was unreal. They weren’t allowed to talk on game day. The UK admins were vicious to UK fans. Gillispie had liquor bottles stacked in his room, visible, door open (the Oxford inn is opened up, you go in to many rooms from the outside area). Every UK fan there was in complete disbelief. Everyone was taking about it. But I came here and made a post explaining the situation, got absolutely hammered and hammered end to end.

This ain’t the place to talk about hiring and firing UK coaches.

Last edited:
No, the next coach does not need to be one about to turn 60 and will be thinking about the replacement soon after hiring him. Same for you jackoffs that dream about Pearl coaching UK.

To me Beard is going to have to seriously be considered if he gets Ole Miss anywhere close to a final four. You don’t come an overtime away from a title at Tech, then a few possessions from a final four the next year, to then taking Ole Miss to heights they’ve never been, if you’re average. People might not like his style but Beard is wining a title at least with UK resources. He’s excellent at evaluating players that fit his style, and he’s as hungry as any coach in the NCAA. I see no way Beard doesn’t end up with at least one title before he’s done.

I realize he’s got his issues and obviously I’m against beating women or I’d be a Kansas fan. One thing everyone should agree on is we definitely don’t want to see him end up at Kansas, UConn, Florida, Tennessee, or the like. That guy would be scary with resources
His style is domestic violence. We don’t need an inebriated man-child at the helm.

Nah. Not with his past. No thanks.

sarcasm at its best . the hogs lost by the largest margin in walton arena history to auburn

I thought Dennis Gates was going to push his way in watching his team last year.

Muss Eric Musselman GIF by Arkansas Razorbacks
Be funny as hell if cal took his shirt off after every home win 😆

Didn’t see their game but I heard Arkansas looked really good today.
These kinds of posts are really ridiculous. I'm glad Cal has seemed to change his mentality, and this team is really good. But you sound like the embarrassing loses and circus of the last few years didn't happen. Did Muss just lose to UNCW at home?

Just let it go and enjoy the good.

• Haha
Reactions: gojvc and crestcat
And no on Musselman. I do believe Calipari is probably done at UK. I don’t think he really covets the second ring and the money made him too carefree. This isn’t 2001-2015 Calipari. But some of the people thrown around is ridiculous. It seemed like 30% of the hardened Calipari supporters were ready to throw the job to Payne. We’d never recover from a hire like that or it would take a lot. Mussleman would probably win at UK to what degree I don’t know, but he doesn’t fit UK.

Make no mistake though, there are quite a few coaches who would do more with Kentucky than Calipari does at this point in his career. It’s just hard for some to wrap their head around it. I want him to succeed too, but I’m not sure it can still happen. I want nothing more than to be have that proven to me.
Agree with this…
I’m enjoying this team and seeing more positive than we have in some time
But I still don’t trust Calipari…right now just hoping, like you, he still has enough in him to want another title

No, he seems like a weirdo
Hes seems like a good motivator , can get a team sky high .... for a game or 2 a season .... just not proven he can grind thru a season , even with good talent . and yes he's got crazy coming from his eyes .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT