ADVERTISEMENT

Would we still dump Cal for Musselman?

It isn't the coach that people are reacting to; it is those who worship him. Maybe you shouldn't let the fans who don't agree with you get you so worked up. Maybe you are the one who needs therapy.
Nah, I don’t cry when we win. That’s you and your weird obsession with Cal and calling everyo a worshipper. Maybe you should get a life and people you’ve never met in life but live vicariously through wouldn’t make you meltdown on a daily basis.

UMASS and Memphis are different schools so no you can't treat them as if they are the same school.
I didn’t. I was showing you two examples of two no-name schools that benefited from his recruiting. I wasn’t trying to start a fight, I was countering your statement.

And you were talking about how he couldn’t recruit at Arkansas, I brought up two schools that did well with good recruits.
If you are trying to compare his UMASS recruits with those at Kentucky, you should laugh at yourself. You are attempting to compare good with elite.

One UMASS player and 3 Memphis players went to the NBA, and you think that somehow illustrates that Cal can recruit well at a non-UK venue. That is a joke.
Uh-huh. You can downplay it, but he recruited good players for both of those schools and got who he needed. He was also going to get Bledsoe and Cousins to go to Memphis had he not taken the UK gig.

I mean, you can be nasty about it if you want, but you’re absolutely wrong. I’m so sorry.

Reactions: Kybluedude
Nah, I don’t cry when we win. That’s you and your weird obsession with Cal and calling everyo a worshipper. Maybe you should get a life and people you’ve never met in life but live vicariously through wouldn’t make you meltdown on a daily basis.
I am putting you on ignore. I have a policy of not responding to baiters with fewer than triple digit posts.

I am putting you on ignore. I have a policy of not responding to baiters with fewer than triple digit posts.
I’m not baiting, you’re just wrong. You said one thing, I countered it with a respectful and sensible argument and you have lost your shit over it.

I don’t care if you ignore me.

• Love
Reactions: CatTough
Uh-huh. You can downplay it, but he recruited good players for both of those schools and got who he needed. He was also going to get Bledsoe and Cousins to go to Memphis had he not taken the UK gig.

I mean, you can be nasty about it if you want, but you’re absolutely wrong. I’m so sorry.
I guess facts are considered nasty to you. I am just not going to allow your misrepresentation of the truth go unchallenged.

I guess facts are considered nasty to you. I am just not going to allow your misrepresentation of the truth go unchallenged.
The end with “that is a joke” is nasty. You want to talk respectfully, we can do that, but you don’t.

I’m not baiting, you’re just wrong. You said one thing, I countered it with a respectful and sensible argument and you have lost your shit over it.

I don’t care if you ignore me.
Sorry, that wasn't meant for you. You obviously have more than triple digit posts.

Ok newbie, you go ahead and believe that nonsense. If Cal really thought that players would follow him no matter where he went, he would have taken his balls and gone elsewhere. He knows his act has grown tired in Kentucky. Cal is no fool. You might believe your nonsense, but Cal doesn't. He needs UK more than UK needs him.
not everybody is a hater. if your going to replace Cal name the coach that would be better at UK

not everybody is a hater. if your going to replace Cal name the coach that would be better at UK
I don't have to give the name of a replacement for Cal in order to say that Cal has wasted a ton of talent. Obviously, there are several coaches who could perform better than Cal because for the past 8 years they have done so with much less talent.

Ok newbie, you go ahead and believe that nonsense. If Cal really thought that players would follow him no matter where he went, he would have taken his balls and gone elsewhere. He knows his act has grown tired in Kentucky. Cal is no fool. You might believe your nonsense, but Cal doesn't. He needs UK more than UK needs him.
You think these kids come to Kentucky to wear the blue and white?

If cal had went to ucla, the players would have followed him there and he’d have top ranked classes there. Same with Texas. But those programs are not Kentucky. Nice programs but not Kentucky. He stayed here because it’s Kentucky, well that and a sweetheart contract.

Muss is an average coach. He will give you really great wins here and theee and then some really bad losses too.

Average is not for UK.

That being said I have no clue what’s going on. In Fayetteville because they should be better than this.

Pearl is really the only one that seems like if he was at UK he could recruit highly enough and also coach really well for the standards our fans want.

Reactions: Rockfly78
My great-grandmother would respond to people who mistakenly included her in some "We" statement, "Do you have a mouse in your pocket?"

I don't get some UK fans obsession with Pearl. I guess because he is high energy, passionate which comes off as obnoxious which appeals to some but the next coach at UK does not need to be only 1 year younger than Calipari and will be thinking about the next candidate in no time at all. Talk about a serial cheater everywhere he has been, with losses of 32 points and 27 points to Cal over the past 5 years and only 1 Elite 8 & 1 Final 4 for someone who will be 64 in March.

One UMASS player and 3 Memphis players coached by Cal went to the NBA, and you think that somehow illustrates that Cal can recruit well at a non-UK venue. That is a joke.
No clue where you're getting this information from. Cal had 12 former Memphis players play in the NBA. And the recruiting landscape has changed dramatically since Cal left Memphis. The vast majority of the five star recruits he's gotten since he's been here would have played for him at any school in the country.

Reactions: Kybluedude
I've always been fine with Cal, provided he brings in guys like Wall, Cousins, Towns, Fox, etc.

The issue the last six or seven years is that he's barely getting those guys, maybe once every four recruiting classes.

If he starts snagging the truly transcendent freshmen again with regularity (and it looks hopeful for the next three classes), I'll be in his corner because I've seen the evidence long enough that suggests that Cal has never won less than 32 games when he has a top 5 pick on his roster.

It's the most basic mathematical formula in college sports, and it has a 7 year sample size to support it. When Cal lands elite, transcendent, top 5 pick talent, he wins at least 32 games.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
No clue where you're getting this information from. Cal had 12 former Memphis players play in the NBA. And the recruiting landscape has changed dramatically since Cal left Memphis. The vast majority of the five star recruits he's gotten since he's been here would have played for him at any school in the country.
I got it from Heavy.com. However, I can see that it is a partial list. I was rightfully corrected. I found a better site and this is what was provided;

12 total players
5 first round
4 second round
3 undrafted

Surely no one will attempt to say that list from 2000 to 2008/2009 season compares to his list of players during his first 9 seasons at Kentucky.

36 Total players
26 first round
10 second round

Obviously, Cal's recruiting received a big boost after coming to Kentucky. I think it is totally disingenuous to state otherwise. To suggest what players would have done if Cal stayed at Memphis is only a wild guess. If you want to suggest that Cal benefited from not having others interested in the one-and-done game early on, that would be a reasonable argument. As you recall, when Coach K decided to play the one-and-done game, he kicked Cal's butt.

Last edited:
Of course he would. Unless it's someone like Reed, kids really don't care about the tradition and success of the program they play for. They care about the coach and now NIL. Wall, Cousins, and Bledsoe didn't come here to play for UK, they came here to play for Cal. Before that class he was starting to get heavily into the one and done guys with Wall and Tyreke Evans. If he stayed at Memphis the vast majority of the five start one and done recruits that came here would have played for Cal at Memphis.
Idk if I would go that far but Musselman just had the #2 class a couple of years ago so I think Cal would be fine. Harder to evaluate now with the transfer portal though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT