ADVERTISEMENT

Word is Bradshaw playing Nov 24

I'm told Onyenso may not get healthy in time to play this year. A redshirt is more likely. We'll see and hope for the best.

I'd actually be OK with this IF we can get a healthy Bradshaw and an eligible Big Z. We really don't need 3 centers.

Then we'd have Ugo as an upperclassmen who was with the program for a while now. That'd be huge.

And I've done you to Ignore, Ma'am.
Zoom In Good Boy GIF by Kinda Funny

Big z timeline seems to be all over the place, I’ve seen the st joes game as earliest then a guy claiming he doesn’t get eligible to mid January
any timeline that anyone gives is 100% nothing but a guess
i could make a guess and say the NCAA will have him sit the first 9 games (1/3 of the season) like they do a lot of players that received impermissible benefits
but that would be nothing but a guess

i could make a guess and say the NCAA will have him sit the first 9 games (1/3 of the season) like they do a lot of players that received impermissible benefits

Yeah, the NCAA would catch hell for that. What benefits? Money? Are not thousands of athletes getting 5/6 figures? If they screw us on amateurism, I'd lawyer up like *snap* that.

Yeah I agree, the person saying January was some guy at uk game I went to Friday who just saying random shit to my family member I went with. He kept saying he had sources but couldn’t say, I just said alright I bet you do

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
I guess he could transfer. But he's not gonna get drafted any time soon, and I'd like to think he's still gonna get more NIL money here than almost anywhere else. Although Somto and other bigs might cause him to move on?

That’s my fear. He almost left already. And next year with that possible monster front court coming in

Reactions: RunninRichie
Where did you get your medical degree in orthopedic medicine and can you share why it's ridiculous he couldn't play?

Is there a scenario here where Cal is just extra cautious with players? Maybe TOO cautious for the team's good? I just find it hard to believe that if he could come back in a week from now, after a surgery that was back in June, that he'd likely be fine to play in small doses against Kansas. I don't see what another week is doing from a guy who admitted back in June this would only be 4-6 weeks, is doing a ton of practicing, and is even seen getting shots up MONTHS ago (Below).

Why do I get the sense that many other schools would have had this kid playing in a pretty important game against Kansas? There needs to be a little better balance of protecting the player AND protecting the program.

I'm going to hold judgement on this team. We played one of the very best bigs in the country without any of our bigs. He killed us and we still competed until the end against the #1 team. I thought we had better basketball players, but just was just outsized inside. Can't give up layups and they got one anytime they wanted.

Where did you get your medical degree in orthopedic medicine and can you share why it's ridiculous he couldn't play?
I have a degree in bullshit and more times than not our university is stepping in it when it come to our kids never being ready when it's needed. I'm just a fan and a part time arm chair coach. Just saying it's bullshit that it's put me in coach against Ohio River University when we just needed 10 minutes out of him the other day.

Is there a scenario here where Cal is just extra cautious with players? Maybe TOO cautious for the team's good? I just find it hard to believe that if he could come back in a week from now, after a surgery that was back in June, that he'd likely be fine to play in small doses against Kansas. I don't see what another week is doing from a guy who admitted back in June this would only be 4-6 weeks, is doing a ton of practicing, and is even seen getting shots up MONTHS ago (Below).

Why do I get the sense that many other schools would have had this kid playing in a pretty important game against Kansas? There needs to be a little better balance of protecting the player AND protecting the program.

If Bradshaw gets back in November, that 4-6 month timeline is looking pretty accurate.. And Calipari said recently, Ugo would be about 2 weeks behind Bradshaw (please lets not start another Cal injury bashing thread detour)...

If Bradshaw gets back in November, that 4-6 month timeline is looking pretty accurate.. And Calipari said recently, Ugo would be about 2 weeks behind Bradshaw (please lets not start another Cal injury bashing thread detour)...

But Aaron insinuated it might only be 4 to 6 WEEKS. Sure, if it's months, than this lines up pretty much what we expected. November 16th would be 5 months, and maybe he does need more time. I'm just saying, is it possible we are just TOO cautious with injuries and we hold these guys out a little too long? Bradshaw has been seen at a ton of different practices, workouts for the proday event, in the gym at 2am. Just feels like he probably could have given us 15 to 20 min.

I don't really align myself with the anti-Cal crazies. But I also don't think Cal is near perfect and can do somethings better. We reaaaaally could have used Bradshaw for the game against Kansas, who we all know is a big rival and is right on our heels in wins.

Have yal seen our schedule for the next 3 weeks. Hell who couldn't play. It's jus ridiculous that he wasn't available for 8 to 10 minutes the other day but now he's ready. How bout I'd die for this shit put me out there coach and then say sorry guys I wasn't ready if u under perform. It was a basketball game not heart surgery get his ass out there and let's get this damn train rolling.
"Wow....Bradshaw is really swelling out there trying to guard HD. Hope he's gonna be ok."
*Two plays later*
"And Bradshaw is down, that looks really bad."
*Post Game After Losing to KU by 2*
"Bradshaw's injury looks to be severe. We won't know until we do xrays, but it's not minor"
*Today*
"Bradshaw will need surgery and miss the rest of the season."

Do you see how ridiculous your statement is now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT