ADVERTISEMENT

Word is Bradshaw playing Nov 24

Well he didn't have surgery until almost July.

My guess is because he couldn't afford it on his own, or they wanted a particular sports-oriented surgeon to perform it, and he needed to wait to be covered by university insurance. That is 100% a guess on my part.

OR, they thought it would/could heal on it's own, but after a few months it wasn't getting any better they decided it was necessary.

The timeline was from when he had surgery, not when he got hurt.
5 Months. Not repairing ligaments or tendons. It's a little longer than expected, wouldn't you say? But who among us in an orthopedic surgeon? I'm not really griping about timeline. I want the kid healthy. Only complaining about how Cal handled it.

5 Months. Not repairing ligaments or tendons. It's a little longer than expected, wouldn't you say? But who among us in an orthopedic surgeon? I'm not really griping about timeline. I want the kid healthy. Only complaining about how Cal handled it.

I am not sure, I just know the team released a timeline, presumably from the doctors themselves, of a 4-6 month recovery and we're at the 5 month mark and he is on the verge of returning.

I can understand being frustrated with how Cal handled it. Cal always handles injuries in the worst possible way.

But, small silver-lining, at least he isn't saying "I haven't seen him" anymore, haven't heard it once all year.

We also do not know what was broken exactly. There are a ton of bones in the foot. One of the most common foot injuries in athletes is a Jones fracture. Surgery generally will sideline an athlete 3-6 months.

It’s insane to me that Bradshaw broke his foot in fricking March and yet he’s "right on schedule”.

Keep hearing Match thrown out there but I don't think that date is accurate. Tucker first reported the injury publicly on May 31. He had surgery at end of June.

Well he didn't have surgery until almost July.

My guess is because he couldn't afford it on his own, or they wanted a particular sports-oriented surgeon to perform it, and he needed to wait to be covered by university insurance. That is 100% a guess on my part.

OR, they thought it would/could heal on it's own, but after a few months it wasn't getting any better they decided it was necessary.

The timeline was from when he had surgery, not when he got hurt.
He played in the McDonalds game, and that's when he allegedly hurt his foot.

Very plausible scenario re paying for it ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT