ADVERTISEMENT

Word is Bradshaw playing Nov 24

Watched him shoot around and warm up pre game. Definitely an advanced shooter for his size and age. Conditioning looks nonexistent. Guy hasn’t practiced or done cardio in over six months now. Give him Burks’ minutes and role right now to get him integrated, assuming he ever goes at all.
I can’t imagine them having him not do light cardio work and conditioning stuff this whole time leading up to his return

Bradshaw said tonight, he was told not to give a specific date.. when pressed, he said "about a week".. so could be this weekend the 2nd.. But since UK has finals next week, I suspect the 9th for the "Camden game"..

Bradshaw said tonight, he was told not to give a specific date.. when pressed, he said "about a week".. so could be this weekend the 2nd.. But since UK has finals next week, I suspect the 9th for the "Camden game"..
A neutral site game seems like a wierd spot to bring him back the game this Saturday would be better but I guess we gotta just wait it out a little longer

Then play the guy !!!!!!
He’s not even had a real practice yet. Practiced with zero contact. So it’s not (yet) a question of “will he play”, the question right now is “when can he play”. So yeah, I’m sure he wants to play at Penn, but not before he practices with contract at least 2-3 times.

I get that Sharpe made some of you gun-shy about Klutch players, but these are very different situations! Sharpe played until coming to Lexington where he then practiced working on his skills. Bradshaw hasn’t grabbed a rebound, defended a player in 6 months (and counting). Sharpe plays a position where players are “more ready” to play vs grown ass men too. Bradshaw is not a SF or SG. He projects as a PF (or C) who can play outside, but he still has to show teams he can defend and rebound against bigger/stronger Men. Not to mention teams will want to see this injured foot survive some extended game action. If I’m an NBA team and he did not play for a full 12+ months with his very thin frame and injured foot, I’m not touching him in the lottery. So Bradshaw needs to prove some things that can only be done in live action that Sharpe didn’t need to.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Klutch sports told him not to give a date. I think we will continue to get the next week answer for the next 4 mths.
You think a sports agency actively told Bradshaw to tell us he is playing to spite us? The sharpe situation is holding way too much weight for some of you all. Bradshaw clearly wants/is playing and is doing what he has to get back. I think Kay be handling the situation a little to cautiously and he should probably have been able to be playing by Friday but the date he has given shows that he intends to play

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
After the Miami game, UK enters the boring stretch of only playing Saturday games. Hopefully he gets into full contact this week and can get some run vs UNC Wilmington. If he doesn’t play vs Penn, then I’m not sure what’s going on.

You think a sports agency actively told Bradshaw to tell us he is playing to spite us? The sharpe situation is holding way too much weight for some of you all. Bradshaw clearly wants/is playing and is doing what he has to get back. I think Kay be handling the situation a little to cautiously and he should probably have been able to be playing by Friday but the date he has given shows that he intends to play
I think it's entirely possible this is all very innocent with Bradshaw, and that we're beating him/Cal/Klutch up way too much over past sins by Shaedon/Cal/Handlers. If so, I'll gladly eat crow. But there are sooooo many similarities here that it's hard to ignore.

I really really really hope I'm wrong, and the young man comes out soon and shines for the rest of the season. But I'm still skeptical.

I think it's entirely possible this is all very innocent with Bradshaw, and that we're beating him/Cal/Klutch up way too much over past sins by Shaedon/Cal/Handlers. If so, I'll gladly eat crow. But there are sooooo many similarities here that it's hard to ignore.

I really really really hope I'm wrong, and the young man comes out soon and shines for the rest of the season. But I'm still skeptical.
Similarities? Sharpe was never injured, and he came halfway through the season. 2 extremely different circumstances. If Bradshaw wasn't injured he would have been playing from day 1.

Similarities? Sharpe was never injured, and he came halfway through the season. 2 extremely different circumstances. If Bradshaw wasn't injured he would have been playing from day 1.

Yeah I don't get anyone saying there are "so many similarities".

One literally had surgery that the program was very upfront would take 4-6 months to come back from. It has been 5 months, right on schedule.

The other was fully healthy and fully capable, and just didn't want to play.

I don't really see "so many similarities".

That's all well and good, but at this point until a player enters actual game action I am just assuming they won't. Even if they do, I'm assuming a slight tweak or just whatever (Wheeler) means they may never return. The coach is a con man and even his supporters will tell you that you can't trust anything that comes out of his mouth ("don't put any stock in that, he's just saying it for the recruits"). Cal is a promoter. He's a marketer. He will always say whatever he needs to get what he wants.

So, actions. Until then I have zero faith in him, and at this point the wide range of never-played, mysterious injuries, NCAA clearance issues, and excuses fully justifies that. I am excited to see Bradshaw hit the court in a game, but until it actual happens there is no chance I am taking anything he or Cal says at face value, and that is entirely Cal's fault.

He’s not even had a real practice yet. Practiced with zero contact. So it’s not (yet) a question of “will he play”, the question right now is “when can he play”. So yeah, I’m sure he wants to play at Penn, but not before he practices with contract at least 2-3 times.

I get that Sharpe made some of you gun-shy about Klutch players, but these are very different situations! Sharpe played until coming to Lexington where he then practiced working on his skills. Bradshaw hasn’t grabbed a rebound, defended a player in 6 months (and counting). Sharpe plays a position where players are “more ready” to play vs grown ass men too. Bradshaw is not a SF or SG. He projects as a PF (or C) who can play outside, but he still has to show teams he can defend and rebound against bigger/stronger Men. Not to mention teams will want to see this injured foot survive some extended game action. If I’m an NBA team and he did not play for a full 12+ months with his very thin frame and injured foot, I’m not touching him in the lottery. So Bradshaw needs to prove some things that can only be done in live action that Sharpe didn’t need to.
It's not that hard to play a few minutes- guard your guy, rebound and block a couple shots- you do not need 2-3 practices to do that for a few minutes especially against some of the teams we have been playing

Didn't we heard similar things about Sharpe last year? "He's gonna be great", "he's lighting it up in practice", "he's the quintessential teammate". Seems all too familiar.
Exactly my point- with some of the teams we have been playing, putting him in for a few minutes would not be that hard

Reactions: NociHTTP
Wonder who told him? Cal, Klutch, the doctors, Miss Cleo, an unnamed source?

Ben Roberts today on Bradshaw. I can't imagine throwing him in against Miami either but the next game, Dec. 2, it sure sounds likely.

Calipari didn’t shut the door on a debut Tuesday night against No. 10-ranked Miami in Rupp Arena, but that sounds highly unlikely. The UK coach noted Bradshaw had — as of Friday — not yet gone through any kind of “body-to-body” workouts in practice. Throwing him in against a team the caliber of the Hurricanes doesn’t fit with how UK has handled his recovery process. The next game could be a more suitable target: a Dec. 2 date with UNC Wilmington in Rupp Arena. And after that comes a Dec. 9 game against Penn in Philadelphia, not far from Bradshaw’s hometown. The extra time off between games coming up — the Cats play just five times in December — will also be beneficial as Bradshaw tries to get into game shape and learn how to integrate his skill set with these Wildcats. UK associate coach Orlando Antigua talked to the Herald-Leader about Bradshaw this month, and he acknowledged that the talented freshman wouldn’t be expected to come in and play 25-30 minutes per game right off the bat.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article282319018.html#storylink=cpy

The similarities are all in the way Cal presents the opportunity. He's saying a lot of the same things he did to protect Shaedon from criticism. Sure, it's taken a lot longer than expected for Bradshaw to heal. I can deal with that. But if this is all some sort of ruse to "protect the player" from criticism, I don't think Cal will lose an even larger portion of the fanbase, and won't be able to recover. Again. I HOPE I'M WRONG. It just feels slimy AF.

• Haha
Reactions: Cal-4-Three
It’s insane to me that Bradshaw broke his foot in fricking March and yet he’s "right on schedule”.

Well he didn't have surgery until almost July.

My guess is because he couldn't afford it on his own, or they wanted a particular sports-oriented surgeon to perform it, and he needed to wait to be covered by university insurance. That is 100% a guess on my part.

OR, they thought it would/could heal on it's own, but after a few months it wasn't getting any better they decided it was necessary.

The timeline was from when he had surgery, not when he got hurt.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT