ADVERTISEMENT

Wimsatt to Rutgers???

So? Another 247 "expert" logged a KY crystal ball Pick at a higher confidence level than Wiltfong last week. Don't matter until it's official.
Josh Edwards is not an expert. He writes for cats pause. He has 4 cbs for the 22 class which are all UK targets. Wilfong is correct over 90% of the time on thousands of prospects. No it doesn't mean he is going to Rutgers but it isn't like Edwards, Rowland, etc picking UK. I pay little attention to guys like Edwards and Rowland picking UK.

The Allar kid that went to PSU will end up being a bigger loss than Wimsatt IMO(assuming we don’t get Gavin). Don’t know if we ever had a great shot with Allar, but would’ve preferred him if I had the choice. Wimsatt could very well end up being great, but I’ve seen a lot more people tapping the brakes on him as a prospect than I would expect considering he’s a 4* QB from our home state.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
The Allar kid that went to PSU will end up being a bigger loss than Wimsatt IMO(assuming we don’t get Gavin). Don’t know if we ever had a great shot with Allar, but would’ve preferred him if I had the choice. Wimsatt could very well end up being great, but I’ve seen a lot more people tapping the brakes on him as a prospect than I would expect considering he’s a 4* QB from our home state.
Allar not at all a loss. You can't lose what you never had.

Maybe he's more interested in what Rutgers can do for him after football. Rutgers graduates report starting salaries that match or exceed the national average for college graduates.

Reactions: waveslider
Maybe he's more interested in what Rutgers can do for him after football. Rutgers graduates report starting salaries that match or exceed the national average for college graduates.
Using that logic why not Vandy, Stanford, Northwestern, etc...why you'd go to freaking 10 hours away from home to play for a team that outside of 2 year stint under Schiano 15 years ago....nobody has ever remembered a Rutgers football moment is head scratching if that pans out

Good question, maybe he doesn't want to play at Kentucky or doesn't think he can beat out what we have here now. He may include the cats because of pressure to stay at home and have no intention of coming here. He could also want to get away from home some do.

Last edited:
Rutgers probably selling early PT. At UK he already has at least 3 QBs ahead of him, doesn't mean he can't catch and surpass them, just at this point he would have to get in line. Maybe he sees going against Big 10 Ds is better for his future than going against SEC Ds. Regardless, it would be a huge loss if UK misses on him.

It has always seemed to me like things started cooling off with Wimsatt when Coen came on board. I don’t think dual threat is necessarily what he’s looking for. Would be Rutgers gain but not necessarily our loss.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Any of our Owensboro posters have any insight into this young man’s family situation? Not gonna trash Rutgers but him wanting to go there is kinda out of left field unless he’s got a family or coaching connection from that area.

Would hate to lose him if the staff really wants him....

Reactions: mattrudd
Getting HS quarterbacks isn’t nearly the priority it once was imo. There will always be talented quarterbacks in the transfer pool looking for a place they will be needed. ESPECIALLY if we are running an NFL, quarterback friendly offense.

Wiltfong just logged a crystal ball pick for Rutgers. I’m in total disbelief right now. Not only would that be a massive miss but we are running out of options for a legit QB in this class.
It BS when posters head line untruths in the post title. Can't wait until it actually happens to report someone comitting. Crystal ball picks mean nothing until it's fact and they actually sign.

Getting HS quarterbacks isn’t nearly the priority it once was imo. There will always be talented quarterbacks in the transfer pool looking for a place they will be needed. ESPECIALLY if we are running an NFL, quarterback friendly offense.

I agree with this 100%. Having a stud QB recruit can potentially be foundation to phenomenal recruiting class.

But ... the one time transfer rule completely changes QB situation. Some college football gurus were talking about it on radio this morning. QB will be #1 position that transfers.

If Coen shows he can produce a successful offense this season, then there will be no shortage of QB's wanting to come to UK. Let's suppose Allen wins the job. The key will be keeping reliable backup. 2022 will probably include a mid-level h.s. recruit. I'm then guessing UK gets a young top-shelf QB transfer in 2023 or 2024.

Biggest thing UK needs is to have an impressive offense this season! Coen has some tools to make it happen.

One time transfer rule will change the way schools approach QB recruiting.

"....recruiting/development is the only thing missing ...."

Among WRs, we have not developed them, and only recently seemed to have recruited better ones. We've not seen the results on the field at the position.

We've had some, but we've not landed the 4 and 5 star guys you need for an SEC East winning offense. Sorry. We just haven't.

True.

Statistically, our WR position has been the lightest of any position group for Star rankings and for other SEC offers.

We went three recruiting classes with ONE other SEC offer being made to a WR who signed with us; all the more surprising in that about half our WR signees hailed from an SEC footprint state.

seems like we don’t have a lot of luck recruiting this area... does to me... but i don’t get into statistics... and isn’t there another kid/QB down there that’s getting recognition? Rated a *** star... all in all that position is like a box of chocolates.

I love that you think we have money to hand out. Our program needed to take out a loan and defer our big ten revenue share. It's a hilarious take to all of us.

It's sarcasm. Fans always say the reason they didn't get a player is because he got paid. It's a joke on that worn out trope.

It's good you wanted to check out our board, but maybe you should know how certain posters talk around here before jumping to conclusions since you're new here. Speaking for myself, that's hilarious whenever it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT