ADVERTISEMENT

Williams announcing Friday

This situation has done a 180 in recent days. Competition at the four has been mentioned. That makes sense for Williams and the guys we already have. Nevertheless I look forward to the usual 'forum freakout' on Friday when he chooses another school.
Yep. They will trashing this kid like a red headed step child.

...... or maybe it is a big decision and you’re kind of acting “prima madona”ish.

Chiiiiiiiiiiilllllllll.
Hey. All you could was jump high and still missed wide open dunks. I am not who gets all wrapped up in the recruiting crap, like some of you. I dont give a durn about any of them till they sign with UK.

Hey. All you could was jump high and still missed wide open dunks. I am not who gets all wrapped up in the recruiting crap, like some of you. I dont give a durn about any of them till they sign with UK.

I'll admit, i get more wrapped up in football recruiting before the ink is dry than basketball, but shouldn't lose sleep over either. I hope football recruiting doesn't continue down the drama path that basketball has, but it will

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I just went to DeAndre Williams Instagram page and said on his most recent post "From what I've heard from the Memphis guys, he's going to Memphis. Being a UK fan and all, I'd really like to have him at UK but I don't think he's going to be a Wildcat."...about a minute later, my comment was deleted. Is it because it was false or fact ? I guess we'll find out.

If UK was out if contention and the pro route was a viable option (meaning he can make more than 100k per year), why in RicksSloppy3seconds would he go to Memphis?! Go pro and finish that degree online, if you don't feel you can earn time at UK

Not saying that the rumors are untrue, mind you. I'm just saying Memphis is not gonna get him ready for the NBA if he thinks he can't earn time here. He'd be better off in developing in the pros here or in Europe

I don't know, one guy said "I see why UK wants you so bad" on DeAndre Williams most recent post on his Instagram page and DeAndre Williams liked that comment just last night (16 hours ago it says). Of course it probably means nothing but it also makes me suspicious of all of these "UK backed off" rumors.

This one looks pretty straight forward to me. We had several feelers out needing on more solid big man. I think Williams was initially very interested, but then we got interest and landed a better player in Sarr. Now, Williams sees that it would be a crowded front court and he probably needs to go a different direction.

Barring injury, we should be good at the 4/5 spots with Brooks, Sarr, Jackson, and Ware.

Williams would not be playing center. Don’t see the worry that everyone is talking about. Would start at the 4 and we can bring the young guys along at a nice pace.

That's how I see it as well. He's only played 18 games at the D1 level but he's a 24 year old man (not an 18 or 19 year old kid) with a great and very versatile skill set. I think he would be starting as well or at least would be getting plenty of minutes off the bench.

Williams would not be playing center. Don’t see the worry that everyone is talking about. Would start at the 4 and we can bring the young guys along at a nice pace.

No way he starts over Brooks. Unless Cal is going super-size and starts a backcourt of Boston-Clarke.

Reactions: bucsrule8872

The name was chosen because when I created it there were 30 different threads about how high Diablo could jump. I don’t get “wrapped up in recruiting crap”, but I do follow and enjoy reading about updates concerning potential recruits.

You, on the other hand, are the miserable fool on a message board posting in a thread that is specifically concerning things you supposedly “dont give a durn about”.

Pot meet kettle, player.

Reactions: jace2012
The name was chosen because when I created it there were 30 different threads about how high Diablo could jump. I don’t get “wrapped up in recruiting crap”, but I do follow and enjoy reading about updates concerning potential recruits.

You, on the other hand, are the miserable fool on a message board posting in a thread that is specifically concerning things you supposedly “dont give a durn about”.

Pot meet kettle, player.
Howdy do Pot!! You state you don’t care about it either. But felt compelled to call me out? Why? Best to let a sleeping dog lie, don’t wake him up.

Reactions: shutzhund
Go to Memphis? To what? Play for One Cent that has proven he's barely worth that as a coach?

Good luck to you young man whatever you decide to do. We would still like to have you in blue and white, but, c'est la guerre.

That's how I see it as well. He's only played 18 games at the D1 level but he's a 24 year old man (not an 18 or 19 year old kid) with a great and very versatile skill set. I think he would be starting as well or at least would be getting plenty of minutes off the bench.
Well, Williams IS concerned about Sarr because that's what the call to Cal was about, discussing the addition of Sarr. Williams WAS concerned about it, meaning that Williams himself thought he was going to be on the block mostly OR he wouldn't of been concerned with the addition. That part is not debatable, its fact.

Reactions: ganner918
He just looks like what I would envision of the comic character - a leather jacket wearing, fire-demon killing type dude.

I'm on my old-school Marvel kick today. Earlier I compared Clarke to Blade, and now Kuminga to Ghostrider.

I need a comparison for Brandon Boston. Anyone want to help a brother out?

Boston is Nick Fury, a straight killer. He’s also everywhere.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
I'll admit, i get more wrapped up in football recruiting before the ink is dry than basketball, but shouldn't lose sleep over either. I hope football recruiting doesn't continue down the drama path that basketball has, but it will
It is not drama unless people like you make it so.

I think UK has its basketball team for next season. And I know it's probably not a popular position to take, but I won't be disappointed if Williams chooses another school - and I think UK may be better off if he does that.

Reactions: BaronReborn84
Weird that CoachCal.com's Twitter puts up a video of Quickley/Maxey talking about feeling like brothers despite only knowing each other for a year, with hashtags #WhoWantsToBeNext.

Probably means nothing and it's just coincidental, but interesting due to Williams' decision today.

Reactions: BassProCat
I think UK has its basketball team for next season. And I know it's probably not a popular position to take, but I won't be disappointed if Williams chooses another school - and I think UK may be better off if he does that.

same. the only players that should be added at this point are super stars. if kuminga or banchero want to come....100%. but role players or guys that are looking to show out....pass. we have depth. the staff recruited these guys...make it work.

Weird that CoachCal.com's Twitter puts up a video of Quickley/Maxey talking about feeling like brothers despite only knowing each other for a year, with hashtags #WhoWantsToBeNext.

Probably means nothing and it's just coincidental, but interesting due to Williams' decision today.

Saw that.

15 minutes per game actually.

D1 minutes played
williams: 487
brooks: 469

WTF does that have to do with my post ? First, I do not care about Williams, he is not coming here. Second, I was joking about the writer who called Brooks a veteran. I wasn't slighting Brooks at all, even said as much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT