ADVERTISEMENT

Williams announcing Friday

I know this wont be popular on here but Im not exactly well liked or respected anyway and I have never shied away from controversy so here goes:

Regarding Williams Im not convinced Cal is all in because he would be around a guy that contributed to Cal’s most humiliating loss in his tenure here and all things considered the Evansville L could not only be considered the worst L in Cal’s tenure at UK but the worst L in UK history.
If it means anything I respect your opinion and always read your posts even though I usually don’t agree. I respect your views and points you make.

Before the Sarr commitment William's was likely going to be a filler for the five spot for us with some opportunity to play the four. He likely knew that but seemed to want to play at UK regardless. Now that Sarr is in place (yes he will play), it looks like Cal stepped back from the table. It makes sense because Williams isn't a five and we have enough fours. Sure William's is good and could help but why create a logjam when we no longer have the pressing need at the five. I'd bet Williams is very disappointed about this.
Hence the fast commitment from Sarr possibly.

He Cometh.

He put off the announcement for a few days to tie up loose ends with school and the paid conspiracy theorists in the blogosphere twist wildly in the wind. Nothing has changed since last Sunday when he was a lock, beyond speculation.

Or maybe he cometh not. But I’ll stick to my theory for now.
I'm fine with your assessment.:)

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Well, Williams IS concerned about Sarr because that's what the call to Cal was about, discussing the addition of Sarr. Williams WAS concerned about it, meaning that Williams himself thought he was going to be on the block mostly OR he wouldn't of been concerned with the addition. That part is not debatable, its fact.

Completely agree. I think it's obvious that, without Sarr, a frontcourt of Brooks, Jackson, Ware, and Williams would have two of the four players playing the 5, thereby leaving a lot of time at the 4 for the other two as well as some spot action at the 3 for Brooks.

Now, Sarr will come in and take 25-35 minutes a game at the 5, pushing two of Ware, Jackson, and, hypothetically, Williams into playing the 4 exclusively. where we already have Brooks vying for a ton of minutes.

If Williams wasn't so old, I could see him doing the traditional sit-out transfer option, just like Toppin. Then we could ideally go into next season with Williams, Jackson, Ware, Toppin, and an elite freshman big man. For UK though, there will be another Williams come around next year if needed.

same. the only players that should be added at this point are super stars. if kuminga or banchero want to come....100%. but role players or guys that are looking to show out....pass. we have depth. the staff recruited these guys...make it work.
Not to mention the last thing we need is another Jared Vanderbilt situation. We already have one guy that has not played in two years.

Not to mention the last thing we need is another Jared Vanderbilt situation. We already have one guy that has not played in two years.

Luckily, the staff isn't worried about what the couch potatoes out there think, especially the ones with absolutely NOTHING else to do with their time but spend day in day out coaching from their lazy boy's.....coaching with absolutely ZERO credentials, no less. lol

Yikes. I’d prefer maker over Williams tbh. We don’t need another 6’8 guy. I know maker doesn’t see himself as a center. But I bet if we got him here he’d be okay with getting minutes wherever. I doubt Cal would play him like a back to the basket center anyways. He’d probably play him back up minutes to Sarr and let him be a rim runner, lob catcher and pick and pop guy.

A case for ranking him ahead of Wiseman in the draft? Am I reading that tweet wrong? What the hell?

It’s off season entertainment. Now don’t get me wrong, it can be stressful when things don’t seem to be going our way, but Cal and the staff figure it out in the end.

I'm EXTREMELY happy with what Cal did with the roster for next year. I am of the opinion that we don't even need this guy, just saying there's way too much obsession with every player in the country making his announcement IMO.

It’s off season entertainment. Now don’t get me wrong, it can be stressful when things don’t seem to be going our way, but Cal and the staff figure it out in the end.
The problem is that Kentucky walked away when they refused to guarantee shots & minutes but too many people who haven’t followed the recruitment will be upset we lost a kid to Memphis.

I know this wont be popular on here but Im not exactly well liked or respected anyway and I have never shied away from controversy so here goes:

Regarding Williams Im not convinced Cal is all in because he would be around a guy that contributed to Cal’s most humiliating loss in his tenure here and all things considered the Evansville L could not only be considered the worst L in Cal’s tenure at UK but the worst L in UK history.
Humiliating losses don't happen in Nov and early Dec....Worst loss in UK history..lol Dude give me a break. Gardner Webb blew UK out at Home. That loss was worse.

Dude, we werent ranked #1 when we lost to GW and Evansville sucked-bad and that game was at home too.

Next detractor step on up...
Evansville was a terrible loss but we rebounded and had a pretty good season. Won the SEC easily and were poised to make a run in the NCAA. If you choose to let a bad early season loss, ruin the year for you, well, that’s on you.

Dude, we werent ranked #1 when we lost to GW and Evansville sucked-bad and that game was at home too.

Definitely worse loss in the 30 years I’ve been watching. I thought we recovered from it and that nasty trip to Vegas really well however. Guys scrapped and won a lot of close games to salvage a respectable season.

Reactions: STL_Cat

Hey wobblehead…. UK played 6 healthy guys in that game and Number one means diddly crap until late January. Evansville would have had a fine season if their Head Coach didn't bang the entire pom pom squad. He got fired, they fell off the earth all while their best player got injured. Are you dumb or just dumb?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT