ADVERTISEMENT

Williams announcing Friday

Memphis is out of scholarships; they still need two open slots for Williams and the transfer from Virginia Tech (Nolley). If Williams goes to Memphis, then there must be something serious with rumors of DJ Jeffries transferring.
Wish DJ would come here. Actually I wish Cal had never recruited Whitney and DJ stuck with his commitment here.

Wish DJ would come here. Actually I wish Cal had never recruited Whitney and DJ stuck with his commitment here.

I understand how you feel, but honestly, I think it worked out well for us—probably even better! Sure, Khalil was disappointing; but, if we had Jeffries, we wouldn’t have at least one—maybe even two—of the talented forwards we have coming in next year.

Nothing against DJ, but I always felt like he and his dad thought much higher of themselves than they should have; personally, I believe they would’ve just been a distraction for the program. And, honestly, I think he would’ve transferred out of here, too.

We got Keion coming back ( I am too EXCITED about that), and some great freshmen coming in next year. All things considered, I think everything has gone—and is going—extremely well for Cal and the program.

We’re really quite blessed; not just for our competitive program, but the people who represent it, as well.

He Cometh.

He put off the announcement for a few days to tie up loose ends with school and the paid conspiracy theorists in the blogosphere twist wildly in the wind. Nothing has changed since last Sunday when he was a lock, beyond speculation.

Or maybe he cometh not. But I’ll stick to my theory for now.

Not sure why we are always saving multiple scholarships when we're losing entire rosters every season. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Maybe Cal has to spend all his time teaching 7 players basic fundamentals, so he has no time left for bench players?

Reactions: shutzhund
Yeah, but Zay, that's a Monday morning QB take. Nobody knew Kahlil was going to bitch out. His ceiling was higher than DJ's. Watching him on the court, he was athletic as hell, I really wish he stuck it out.
But Jeffries has no shot to play here, he did Cal wrong once already, he won't be given another shot.

I was the original screw up on that about 10 yrs ago.
Also, brings back memories of my dreaded: “for all intensive purposes” and its a “mute” point.
This board has taught me more about the English language than school every did!
Thanks BBN!
Hey, at least you aren't the one who invented "fast paste".
Anybody recall who that was?

Yeah I'd say roster is finished; Calipari is saving last two schollys for next years class
I'm not sure why Cal would not fill at least one more open scholarship. What would be the point in saving two scholarships for 21/22? Most of the 21 team will be gone, so he's going to have a boatload of scholarships available.
If Makur wants to join the roster, Cal will surely take him. I mean, Sarr's waiver is in the hands of the NCAA. I have more faith in Louisville becoming an honest program before the NCAA will do UK any favors.
Cal has to prepare for that. Nabbing one more talented big would be a good move, unless the NCAA gets off their butts and makes a quick decision in our favor… ..yeah right.

Two things are for certain, everyone will die, and if you make a speeelling error or grammar error or a typo, it will be caught on RR.
Sorry. I couldn’t resist. :) I’ll add that - if it weren’t me, it would’ve just been someone else busting your balls on this! [laughing]

Last edited:
Reactions: awf
Hey, at least you aren't the one who invented "fast paste".
Anybody recall who that was?

Jeff, Im not sure but I cant take credit for that top 10er!

5DXzYzd.jpg

Yeah, but Zay, that's a Monday morning QB take. Nobody knew Kahlil was going to bitch out. His ceiling was higher than DJ's. Watching him on the court, he was athletic as hell, I really wish he stuck it out.
But Jeffries has no shot to play here, he did Cal wrong once already, he won't be given another shot.
It wouldn’t matter if the situation was reversed, he would just have said I don’t know how in the world Cal took Jefferies over Whitney yet another big miss by Cal! He just wants to bitch and moan about everything Cal does !!

Reactions: sdb1880
It wouldn’t matter if the situation was reversed, he would just have said I don’t know how in the world Cal took Jefferies over Whitney yet another big miss by Cal! He just wants to bitch and moan about everything Cal does !!
I get accused of that too, so I'll let Zay answer that.

Truth is, both players punked out. Jeffries de-committed because he would have had to earn his spot and his buddy flipped on him and went to Memphis. KW didn’t want to work, so he quit.

Neither player had the chops to survive here. This ain't easy. It was much easier at Memphis, but the results aren't as good.

The past couple weeks I’ve thought he was a UK lock. Looking at the decision timeline now, though, I don’t think we land him. He’s emphasized an increased role, shots and minutes to the interested programs recruiting him. That’s something Cal isn’t going to guarantee the guy. I just don’t think he’s coming here now. JMO. @MidseasonTweak

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT