ADVERTISEMENT

Will screaming Cal ruin the mojo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screaming Cal? No. That is over played.

1)Will Cal back off the aggressiveness of the defense in an effort to avoid foul trouble and taking risk in favor of trying to just force tough shots and rebound vs creating steals and turning D into O?

2)Will Cal slow it down come tournament time in an effort to grind out wins or will he let the team run and play a little less structured?

Those are the 2 real questions. As to point 1)I understand this in some years when we aren't as deep because we need our best guys on the floor. But with this depth, I will be disappointed if we don't play scrappy/aggressive defense like we saw this week. We have the depth to overcome foul trouble at every position imo. The risk is worth the reward.

point 2) I really hope he doesn't try to over control the outcome come tournament time. I believe it hurt the 2015 squad. As efficient as KAT was, only taking 5 3's (we made 3) puts you at a mathematical disadvantage and forces you to be very efficient offensively when the other team takes 15-20 and shoots an average percentage.

We typically have superior talent. More possessions in a game should be looked at as our ally, not our enemy. The more possessions there are, the more likely the cream rises imo. Shortening the game just keeps the score closer and then a matter of a bad 3-5 minute stretch late in the game can get ou beat.

Reactions: colonelcat78
With the assistants coaching the games in the Bahamas, the players seemed really loose and unafraid. Do you think when Cal starts coaching them in games, his relentless screaming from the sidelines will inhibit their flow and cause them to overthink everything? I'm not trying to bash Cal, but you know how he is in games.
Thought this...glad you wrote it and not me!!

Hardly thin....20 years in the Marines left me quite leathery....

Never the less....seems I forgot Cal is perfect and beyond reproach. Thank you everyone for knocking me back in line. I've learned my lesson and will never question his flawless coaching again.
Marines don’t question why or how. They kick a$$ and take names. Same with Cal.

Hardly thin....20 years in the Marines left me quite leathery....

Never the less....seems I forgot Cal is perfect and beyond reproach. Thank you everyone for knocking me back in line. I've learned my lesson and will never question his flawless coaching again.

Correct...go back to rooting for Eastern.

What if the one thing this team needs is a good ass chewing in a game late February, early March to get in gear? You ladies gonna have a problem with it then?

With the assistants coaching the games in the Bahamas, the players seemed really loose and unafraid. Do you think when Cal starts coaching them in games, his relentless screaming from the sidelines will inhibit their flow and cause them to overthink everything? I'm not trying to bash Cal, but you know how he is in games.

Farrrrr Cal. :)

Reactions: wildcat_bigd
I think this team will be motivated so that cal doesn’t have to go there. What do other good coaches do? Blow kisses to their team?? Most of the yelling outta cal we hear this season will be at officials

OP prolly agrees with “participation” trophies.

OP—> “Oh? You came in last place in the 2 mile race clocking in at 127 minutes ? Medal-trophy hybrid for YOU! You MATTER and you are SPECIAL!”

Reactions: awf
I swear you trolls need to improve your game. It’s so blatantly obvious now that it removes all doubt.

OP's question may be ill timed but isn't a bad one at all. Think Cals can add some stress at times for some with how he game coaches but that's normally with guys that he doesn't completely trust out there. I don't get the feeling he has any of those types this year and we may see a little toned down Cal as far as the yelling and constant harping. He'll still teach as they go but I think in a more upbeat manner this year because I think he really likes the makeup of these guys and will let the, play through mistakes more.

Reactions: Opinpi
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT